Poll: What aid-tools in sport mode should be allowed ?

What is your wish regarding to aid-tools used in sport mod and do you want it to change ?

• Total voters
The ones that PD decides that should be allowed are the ones that ARE allowed. There you go again, dictating what is and isn’t “allowed”.

Make your own lobbies and turn all of the aids off.

Last edited:
It's all good it didn't come across that way anyway :D I understand and agree for the most part, I'm coming round to CSA usage. If it's there, meh, I'll use it, it's still fun and it's still good aggressive usually clean racing.

I won't ever use it but have no issues with those that do.

I play with a controller and I don't think it's much fun when I know others are spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on these high tech devices that the game did not ship with. They must have an unfair advantage. Ban wheels.

Playing with any other controller configuration than the one I prefer should be banned. PD should take my controller config and enforce it on everyone.

Also, everyone should be naked. It's way more fun for me to play when I am naked and everyone else should be naked too.

The rooms should be divided into male and female rooms. It's not fun to be beaten by a girl. Keep them out of my rooms.

Also, I don't like people from Latin countries. They ruin the fun for me. They should all be banned.

Also, my dog farts while I play. He loves dried chicken treats but the protein gives him awful gas. I find this fun. All players should be forced to have farting dogs at their side.

It ruins my fun (seriously, it does) when people have ugly liveries on their cars. PD should force all liveries to be reviewed by qualified artists and ban ugly liveries.

Or, here's an idea - go practice so everyone else is behind you. You won't care what they are using when you are winning.

DVPw6LhW4AECuoB.jpg:large

I play with a controller and I don't think it's much fun when I know others are spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on these high tech devices that the game did not ship with. They must have an unfair advantage. Ban wheels.

Playing with any other controller configuration than the one I prefer should be banned. PD should take my controller config and enforce it on everyone.

Also, everyone should be naked. It's way more fun for me to play when I am naked and everyone else should be naked too.

The rooms should be divided into male and female rooms. It's not fun to be beaten by a girl. Keep them out of my rooms.

Also, I don't like people from Latin countries. They ruin the fun for me. They should all be banned.

Also, my dog farts while I play. He loves dried chicken treats but the protein gives him awful gas. I find this fun. All players should be forced to have farting dogs at their side.

It ruins my fun (seriously, it does) when people have ugly liveries on their cars. PD should force all liveries to be reviewed by qualified artists and ban ugly liveries.

Or, here's an idea - go practice so everyone else is behind you. You won't care what they are using when you are winning.

Hahaha
Bhuuu....

8C6BF317-D6C1-4640-B9EF-7E6E3888A140.jpeg

And yes,
I have a wheel,
I used assist on this race, TC 1 or 2, CSA, Cones,
I was not naked,
My cat puked
and I love my ugly livery!

Voted Authentic, DS4 user.

To many options divide the players. When online, same basic rules should apply, that way you avoid discussions like this, finger pointing etc... If the cars in real life have aids, then use them. I find it funny to to drive a car from the 1960 with TCS, kinda ruins the car's feel, what's the point...

I would go so far to mandate the use of TCS if the car in real life doesn't have the option to turn it of, or adjust it. I mean, a lot of effort went into modeling of these cars, suspension dynamic, braking power, engine power, torque etc.. Simulating the correct driving aids would be logical to me, but I see how that might impact the less skillful players. PD made a compromise, and this is the result we have here.

I don't think having a wheel gives to much advantage, every player can become expert with the tool in hand.

If someone really wants to cry about someone using aids, then why not cry because someone is using a $900+ wheel/pedal setup against people using a $250 setup? That's an aid!!! It gives an advantage!!! Just play the game. It cracks me up how all these people say that aids make you slower, but yet they want people to stop using them. I often do not use aids, but occasionally I do. It depends on the car/track. Generally when I'm using an aid, I feel like I'm simply compensating for an inferior wheel/pedal.
I do understand that there are people who play the game at another level. More of a "Pro" level. All forms of racing have it. Where money and technology is not a factor. These participants have the time necessary to invest in becoming the best. I can understand why these racers would like to compete against a level playing field.
But for the mass majority of GTS users that are using low - mid level equipment, if you can master driving with aids (as compensation for your crappy pedals, LOL) to the point that you can compete at an A/S level or above, have at it.

IMHO...The best solution for those like the OP. A hardcore sport mode lobby. FPS games have it. No aids, locked cockpit view.

It would ruin the player base of sport mode, that is already limited, if you banned all aids. So, add a hardcore lobby.

Fully agreed, yet you forget everyone should have kids fighting each other in the room and walking in front of the tv. And no sound allowed as that annoys everyone. Instead you have to listen to Dan TDM on the iPad and FGTV on the gamepad talking against each other while Doc McStuffins plays on the main tv.

There would be a lot less accidents if race car drivers all had to have their kids in the back seat :)

This game is for everyone.So people should be able to choose whatever they want.
I have my own opinion about a more "realistic sim experience" but I know that many (or most) would not agree with me.
Either do what iRacing does (GTS is actually a more arcade/easy copy-paste of iRacing -in some ways-) or keep it as it is -anyone can use whatever they want- and have fun.

I've been playing with DS4, All off besides TC and ABS. Gr. 3 and Gr. 1 with TC 0 makes the car undriveable but works fine with GR4, N, and Gr. X. I guess that would no problem playing with wheel all cars with TC 0. April is 2 months to go. Hope I'll be able to get G29.

Also, it worth noting for the "Authentic" supporters, I fully support the idea of an "authentic" mode, but GTS is not designed that way

The driving aids in GTS and NOT equal to driving aids in real cars. They are meant 100% for game assistance. Case in point, the ABS. ABS IRL prevents lock up. ABS in the game REDUCES lock up, but does not prevent it. Even on ABS default, you can lock the tires as evidenced by the sound of screeching tires under braking. You can also see the tire smoke in replays.

The braking in GTS is the only thing left that sets it apart from GTA Online racing.

As much as I hate it in GTS, at least something is left to skill - even though I still haven't consistently got the skill or hang of it.

The problem is that there are a big group of people that cannot find the same fun when they are working hard to keep a car in controle (adrenaline and serious gaming fun) while others are half asleep driving the same race. If that is the case I see no difference between driving against AI and driving against other real people.

There are people who do not like arcade games. But still are not hardcore simmers. Both people play the same game which causes some frictions.

It has nothing to do with the fast times. Let people who want to be on the top of the leaderboards remain at that position. As said, most fast drivers are fast with or without aids. Maybe in the past people were whining they were not fast enough as the top drivers. And thats why this “fast-argument” is coming back. But to say it once again and again and again: it has nothing to do with driving fast or slow. It is about having the fun when driving online wanting equality in sportmanship. And for those who want to drive against people without s controller and without aids. For those who want to drive against everybody mixed nothing will change. It is just about adding an option for those who want it.

For people who understand statistics a little bit one should know that it is not important how many people are voting. It is important that you have a mixed group of people that represent the community. I think GT planet is perfect for this as one of the worlds biggest forum.

You can compare it with a restaurant rating system. It is very likely that only people who complain will answer.
If you simply start a poll it gives a better picture.

While you consider the driving options a problem, I do not. They are part of the game and attract players who want to use them.

If someone really wants to cry about someone using aids, then why not cry because someone is using a $900+ wheel/pedal setup against people using a $250 setup?

Wow I guess I really have something to cry about, I'm using the free DS4 that came with my Playstation. Boo hoo poor me. :boggled:

I'm curious what aids have been allowed in the current Canadian GTS comp, I browsed the rules and breezed over the thread on here and didn't see any mention of it.

I hate to bug anyone but I think this will work, @SlipZtrEm can you weigh in please?

Last edited:
Erm, all of them. But if they say had a track or race mode (like in sporty cars) the they could turn them all off

I think it would be more interesting for PD to create a realistic or hardcore type room in the sport mode as an option for the players than to join all the profiles in the same rooms.

So, here's my thoughts, and, I'm putting my flame suit on right now.

Comparing the aliens times with or without aides is irrelevant.
Aliens are already driving to the limit in such a way as to never make mistakes/upset the car.
Of course aides are not going to benefit someone who does not make mistakes. By mistakes I mean driving irregularities, corrections that would typically upset the cars handling. And when they do make these mistakes, they are at the minimalist level and can be corrected/caught through their driving skills. As such any intervention of the game to make a correction slows them down.
All the rest of us can also go faster on that one magical lap where we get everything right... all the rest of our laps involve little mistakes that add up time... or, send us flying of course... and that adds a lot of time to a lap.
So we use aides, to save ourselves from our inconsistencies.

So, in sport mode (racing, multiple laps)... do the aides make you faster?
Absolutely, 100% yes, they do... at least for all us regular folks.
Sure, I can set a fast lap all by myself on an empty track with no aides...
But throw me into a race where I'm looking for throttle "right now" to pounce on a mistake an opponent made, and, TCS kicks in... saves me from a big event, or even an off... TCS makes me faster "in a race" not because TCS is the fast way to go, rather TCS saves me from myself.
It's not that TCS makes the laps "faster" it's that TCS saves us from being slower on account of our own mistakes, sometimes to the point of keeping us on track when we might otherwise have gone off.
Now toss in CSA and ASM... and you have a trifecta of aides that minimize, and or cover up mistakes that would otherwise slow you down, and in some circumstances literally keep you on the track... protecting yourself, from... yourself.

So, do aides make you faster?
To the faultless aliens? No.
In a one lap gift from the heavens? No.
In a race making last second decisions, line changes, pushing to get into the throttle sooner and sooner to make up time on that opponent ahead... doing things that would otherwise upset the car? Yes... you bet they do... other wise there would be a ton of us ghosted or in the grass waiting the hand from the heavens to rescue us from ourselves... again.

So if we really want to race each other, and not each others aides settings... ban them from sport is my vote.

So, here's my thoughts, and, I'm putting my flame suit on right now.

So, in sport mode (racing, multiple laps)... do the aides make you faster?
Absolutely, 100% yes, they do... at least for all us regular folks.
Sure, I can set a fast lap all by myself on an empty track with no aides...
But throw me into a race where I'm looking for throttle "right now" to pounce on a mistake an opponent made, and, TCS kicks in... saves me from a big event, or even an off... TCS makes me faster "in a race" not because TCS is the fast way to go, rather TCS saves me from myself.
It's not that TCS makes the laps "faster" it's that TCS saves us from being slower on account of our own mistakes, sometimes to the point of keeping us on track when we might otherwise have gone off.
Now toss in CSA and ASM... and you have a trifecta of aides that minimize, and or cover up mistakes that would otherwise slow you down, and in some circumstances literally keep you on the track... protecting yourself, from... yourself.

So if we really want to race each other, and not each others aides settings... ban them from sport is my vote.

I'm a pad user, almost DR.S, usually about 1.5 seconds back of the #1 time depending on how insane it is.
About 3 weeks ago I completely stopped using aids of any kind in all of my races, I usually had TCS 2 (just for GR.3 and above), CSA weak and cones.

After a small adjustment period I'm actually inclined to disagree, TCS in no way makes me faster anymore - corner exits are starting to become muscle memory, just because somebody in front of me has a bad exit, or slides a bit - doesn't mean I can suddenly accelerate sooner, this isn't to say I don't ever throttle too soon, as I do occasionally, but I know in the long run - running with TCS will just slow me down.

CSA was something I turned off because I was racing in a couple events that didn't allow any aids (CSA or cones) so I had to learn the tracks I'd be racing without those aids, and once I got used to having CSA off - I just didn't want to turn it back on again.

Sure, I may be faster with CSA, but I'm at the point where I don't want to rely on CSA to go fast - and if somebody else wants to use it against me I don't really care. Sometimes I watch my races afterwards and notice that 90% of drivers in front of me are exactly like me, 0 aids.

Since I've turned the aids off and learned the tracks more closely, I've actually gone up in DR, not down.

My vote was to leave sport mode as it is - if people want to use aids, let them, it'll help at the lower levels especially.
However I would like if FIA lobbies were regulated - just TCS should be allowed in these lobbies imo.

@Sean Renon , I think you are making my point... Dr.S, aids have no/little effect on speed (or actually makes them slower) due to the skill set.
I too am faster with no aides... (Dr.B, middle of the road) until I get into a race and get excited and start making small mistakes, wherein the aides (TCS only in Gr.3 and set at 2) help keep me pointed in the right direction, or even on track. Hot lapping, when TCS flashes it slows me down, in a race it keeps me on track... adds consistency... faster over multiple laps.

Last edited:
@Sean Renon , I think you are making my point... Dr.S, aids have no/little effect on speed (or actually makese them slower) due to the skill set.
I too am faster with no aides... (Dr.B, middle of the road) until I get into a race and get excited and start making small mistakes, wherein the aides (TCS only in Gr.3 and set at 2) help keep me pointed in the right direction, or even on track. Hot lapping, when TCS flashes it slows me down, in a race it keeps me on track... adds consistency... faster over multiple laps.

I know, I just mean - I'm not alien.
I can never, even when I run a perfect lap - get my time down to alien levels. I just don't have the skill yet,

Latest Posts

Back