POLL: Will you buy a PS4 for GTS?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Conza, Oct 29, 2015.

?

Will you buy a PS4 for GTS

1. Yes

238 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. No

176 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Already own a PS4, but wouldn't for (just) this

89 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. Already own a PS4, but would (just) for this if I hadn't

123 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. Conza

Conza Premium

I think the title speaks for itself, doesn't seem to be here yet (the same question for GT7 is a completely different kettle of fish, in my opinion).

To me, its a very hard call, I was borderline, but probably would've bought a PS4 for GT7, with GTS... I'm just not convinced yet it'll be enough game.

I suppose it depends on the size of the game, and how long do I have to wait until GT7 arrives. Two ways to look at this, GTS is a full whole game, pushing a GT7 title way away, therefore GTS would be worth buying a PS4 for (discuss?). Or, GTS is a glorified online prologue, meaning GT7 won't be far away... and therefore it's still worth buying a PS4, for (discuss?).

Woops, I think I've forced myself to buy a PS4 for GTS, but I'll reserve my vote for more discussion.

UPDATE: Agreeing with many posters, this thread is originally only looking to those who don't have a PS4.

For those that do the options for you are; I own one, but but this game isn't or is worthy of purchasing if I hadn't already.

You may also change your votes if previously cast.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Not only for GTS and GT7, but they've certainly assured me in my choice.

3. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Yes for GTS (and Uncharted 4 and FF15).

SnakeOfBacon and ProjectF like this.
  4. Samus

Samus

Way, way too early to decide. Except for it having a title and the core focus we still know next to nothing about the next GT game.

5. ron86

ron86

Although i already have one i know i would buy one for GTS if i wouldnt. Because every single GT (except GT concept) would have been worth a console purchase for me so far!

6. super_gt

super_gt

No

Sharpie likes this.
  7. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Well i already own a PS4 since like...June 2014...so i guess that's count yes?

8. TheEvstar93

TheEvstar93

Yes. I always buy the latest Gran Turismo titles, no matter how different they are from the larger more traditional games. I see GT Sport in kinda the same light as Gran Turismo Concept. Anybody remember that one?

Alex p., ProjectF and Nielsen like this.
  9. Nielsen

Nielsen

I already have a PS4 but would I buy one for GTS? Too early to say based on what has been revealed so far.

10. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I've been waiting for something to pull me into purchasing a PS4, but as of yet there hasn't been anything that would interest me at the moment. Depending on how this turns out, it may very well be what I'm looking for.

You should add a "Maybe" or a "Possibly" option.

UKMikey, Akira Ishi and Magic Ayrton like this.
  11. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Time will tell. I'm going to wait and see how much I'm missing once it's released. And not unless the wait for GT7 is more than a year from now. I'll be happy with GT6 for some time yet.

12. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

No, wait for full game, GT7...

13. Shirrako

Shirrako

GT Sport is not a prologue though, many seem to be confused regarding this.

the content is there and taking part in worldwide FIA championships will be truly a great experience, especially with VR and a wheel, not to mention all the other great exclusives for PS4 in 2016, come on Aleksandar, not convinced with the 2016 lineup?

You're a tough one :)

14. Harsk100

Harsk100

Yes, I will. I'm a huge fan of GT and I have always followed GT since I got my first GT game, which was GT3 A-Spec. So, because I have bought GT6 in the release day, then I'll buy GTS for PS4 too. :tup:

15. Tornado

Tornado

Kinda hard for people to make a committed Yes/No decision for a game that was just announced.

SVX likes this.
  16. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

It's not exactly clear on what it is, because theres quotes floating around stating that it'll be more extensive then a prologue, but still at the same time that just makes it seem like its not going to be as much of a full game either. Once more info is revealed, his reasoning isn't exactly invalid.

17. GTP_Versatile

GTP_Versatile

Too bad there's no option for those who already own a PS4

18. Shirrako

Shirrako

True, but all the great games coming out on PS4 in 2016 would convince me, I mean we're finally getting The Last Guardian and Versus XIII (XV), I'm more than convinced, let's hope that the upcoming news convince more GT fans to jump in the Current Gen system.

19. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

I plan on getting another PS4 for it only when a new model is released with APU produced on probably 20nm or 16nm or 14nm node.

20. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Yeah, but its currently 2015. We still have a long way before those games come out, so like he said, waiting is perfectly reasonable. I'm personally interested in No Mans Sky, yet that doesn't mean I should go buy a PS4 right now to wait for a prolonged period of time for that game.

21. Samus

Samus

People have different tastes, I've personally still no real desire to buy either next gen system, not right now anyway. Those two games you mention for example, no interest whatsoever.

SVX likes this.
  22. aSaNG

aSaNG

I sold my PS4 today. GTS is not GT7 and i was waiting for GT7.

Now i have to wait for GT7.

23. Kryz11

Kryz11 Premium

I did not buy GT6, never bought a PS4, I will tho with GT Sport, and then I will get GT7

24. Shirrako

Shirrako

What kind of games would convince you?
    Besides GT, of course.

25. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Far too early for me to say, but if GT Sport hits all the right buttons, I'd buy a PS4 just for it. I'll wait to see how the Forums respond before even considering it though.

This is putting a pretty fine point on it, but the distinction needs to be made. In the news article GT Sport is more substantial that Prologue titles" it's important to note they aren't saying it's not a prologue in the generic sense, they're saying it's not like the game GT5 Prologue. They're making a specific reference to a previous title, they aren't saying that it isn't a prologue of GT7. The generic definition in this case might be, "a smaller game that leads to a bigger game with a similar foundation but the bigger game will have added content and features" It's quite likely that GTSport will fall into the category of being a prologue IMO, but will be more substantial that the Prologue, GT5P.

SVX and ImaRobot like this.
  26. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

No, because I already have one.

Doodle likes this.
  27. TheInfamousJEW6

TheInfamousJEW6

Nope... Unfortunately GT7 is what will likely force me to upgrade my wheel and system as my DFGT is not supported on PS4... Yet?? :lol:
    :cheers:

28. Doodle

Doodle Premium

I got a PS4 for the release of the new gen version of GTA V, so I'm not sure what to vote for. Though I will be buying this game the day of release (whenever that may be) so I'm hyped :)

Really there should be a poll option stating: I already own a PS4.

29. Casey

Casey

Yes and also for Uncharted 4.

Shirrako likes this.
  30. Spitfire77

Spitfire77

I bought it for other reasons so I selected no I would be happy with my ps4 purchase without GT.

But I will play the GT games.