(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
NOPE :) gt5 and gt6 lift a bad taste in my gaming hands :crazy: Outdated Gameplay outdated Career mode PS2 cars everywhere. And you still cant spin the camera around the 🤬 car. A feature that every other racing game has:crazy: I know this isn't The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread :dopey: Just saying my reasons why i will not be buying GT7 for the PS4

This is what PD is proud of :rolleyes:
2013_11_29_4_49_57_zps3257d3ae.png~original
Gt ends with 6 for me :yuck:

Last edited:
This isn't a question that can be answered yet for me. I need to wait and see what PD's new title "GT7" 0r "Gran Turismo World" or whatever they decide to call it will bring in terms of graphics, physics, technology, and features. Also I will be keeping a close eye on the news, trailers, and game footage at their unveiling event. If then I like what I see I will no doubt buy it. I am though quite excited for Forza 6. Hoping they have made the handling physics even better.

I won't be buying GT7 because I'm not planning to buy a PS4. Already satisfied with PC sims and GT6, despite its flaws and shortcomings, but I won't waste my time complaining and whining about video game specially there are tons of alternative to Gran turismo.

Last edited:
Its gran turismo everybody will buy it if they already have a ps4 even if they only play it a few times. It will still sell in my opinion. Also the fact its gt's 1st attempt at next gen will make it even more tempting.

So I'm arguing with edit great this is awesome.....:dopey:

Everyone no arguing with the troll now.

Edit: Thank you GTplanet for the ignore option LOL! That's just awesome:gtpflag:

Edit 2: @Grandea GTR

Looking at your post now how I not know it would have made no sense to me as you're talking about that guy just ignored.

Wow, Finally you realized that it's best to "ignore yourself". :cheers:
Best decision you ever made in your "no life" existence :dunce:

""Take a monkey to the city and it will turn it into a jungle;
Take a human to the jungle and it will turn it into a city""! .. . . . .. . . . .. . . ..:scared:

Wow, Finally you realized that it's best to "ignore yourself". :cheers:
Best decision you ever made in your "no life" existence :dunce:

""Take a monkey to the city and it will turn it into a jungle;
Take a human to the jungle and it will turn it into a city""! .. . . . .. . . . .. . . ..:scared:

Erm ....

Moving on ... I like @Chikane 's point there . GT7 will also contain standards . Assumingly the larger portion of the car count also, as has been the case with 5 and 6 .

Does anyone find that acceptable on an 8th gen console ?

Erm ....

Moving on ... I like @Chikane 's point there . GT7 will also contain standards . Assumingly the larger portion of the car count also, as has been the case with 5 and 6 .

No I at least and some others don't, but I think they really need to see the contrasting difference that it would make.
Again I said this either earlier this thread or in another.

On Playstation 3 I played NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, Midnight Club LA, GT5/6, and that's it for racing games.

Disregard the fact that two games are arcade, but graphics wise NFS and MC4 in some departments beat GT5/6 at the time, but it wasn't until I went PC gaming with the likes of DiRT 3, GRID, GRID Autosport, and F1 2012 that it really became apparent that GT5/6 was full of it.

That's why I've made statements like people don't realize how bad standards look because they may not play more than that particular game, or the scope is limited like mine was.

As I've also said once you venture outside you realize the world isn't flat it's very round.

Still being introduced to PC gaming just changed everything literally for me. DiRT 3 had things that reminded me of GT4 such as Human Element, and the environments/tracks were different enough that it felt like it wasn't the same. Oh, and cool things like being able to see another opponent way ahead of me from clear across the map.

Same things that made me like GRID/GRID Autosport the A.I actually gets into wrecks without you making the contact, or things just happened they made mistakes like you do.

Going a bit ahead though never experience PS4 era racing games yet. GRID Autosport is the closest I got, but then I played Driveclub at a Gamestop, and yeah trust me this argument about standards would be a moot point to most if they see that game in action.

tl;dr

Having standards is not a wise move in a 8th generation game PERIOD!

No I at least and some others don't, but I think they really need to see the contrasting difference that it would make.
Again I said this either earlier this thread or in another.

On Playstation 3 I played NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, Midnight Club LA, GT5/6, and that's it for racing games.

Disregard the fact that two games are arcade, but graphics wise NFS and MC4 in some departments beat GT5/6 at the time, but it wasn't until I went PC gaming with the likes of DiRT 3, GRID, GRID Autosport, and F1 2012 that it really became apparent that GT5/6 was full of it.

That's why I've made statements like people don't realize how bad standards look because they may not play more than that particular game, or the scope is limited like mine was.

As I've also said once you venture outside you realize the world isn't flat it's very round.

Still being introduced to PC gaming just changed everything literally for me. DiRT 3 had things that reminded me of GT4 such as Human Element, and the environments/tracks were different enough that it felt like it wasn't the same. Oh, and cool things like being able to see another opponent way ahead of me from clear across the map.

Same things that made me like GRID/GRID Autosport the A.I actually gets into wrecks without you making the contact, or things just happened they made mistakes like you do.

Going a bit ahead though never experience PS4 era racing games yet. GRID Autosport is the closest I got, but then I played Driveclub at a Gamestop, and yeah trust me this argument about standards would be a moot point to most if they see that game in action.

tl;dr

Having standards is not a wise move in a 8th generation game PERIOD!

Yup I agreee . I think Kaz should drop ALL the standards that won't be fully premium converted in 7 . Yeah sure , they rerendered the standards for 6 , some becoming " Premium Standards " ( Bodywork fully redone to a high detail , inside view still like looking through a letterbox . Mazda Furai being an example )

If he brings them in 7 then it's probably a fair bet they'll be dragged into 8 also . Can imagine looking through a 3D holographic standard view on a Mazda MX5 version on PS5 now , ( I can't wait ) .

I think standard cars on a PS4 is a downright embarrassment . Just to keep the car count high . That's nothing to brag about if you're only delivering ' half ' a car .

If I was PD i'd be ashamed .

As long as the game isn't totally incomplete like how GT6 was when it launch then maybe. My god that made me so mad. They didn't have nothing in that game. A lot of the stuff they had in GT5 they took off on GT6 and now they are trying to add all of it back. Well.... Some of it. I plan on showing the game off on my YouTube channel and probably do a review on it. I probably buy it on day one but I'm definitely not preordering.

I'm about to have a bit of a RANT. Please note this is my opinion. I do not wish flame bait or argue. I would like to know what people think about these businesses we give our money to.

The new Gran Turismo should not have standard cars. For goodness sake every modern next gen arcade racing games like driveclub are building up large car rosters and their is no such thing as standard model and premium modeling in their games. The developing studios are fully modeling their cars. Same with Project CARS. You can bet the same with the Assetto Corsa coming to PS4 from PC are all fully modeled inside and out. So also is the same principles from T10 with their Forza games.

PD should focus more on making their game quality not quantity when it comes to car count and car design modeling. The game needs to fully realize the history of Car culture and what is popular from around the world and expand to have a wider catalogue of manufacturers cars to drive of which there are still many manufacturers not realized by young kids growing up these forgotten manufacturers and cars. Then they need to choose with great variety like what T10 are doing with Forza iconic and popular motor cars from throughout our history uniquely chosen.

We only need 1-2 or 3 of the same car. And multiples only need to be added (multiple meaning more than 1 such as 2 or 3) if their is a big enough difference in its technical specifications to distinguish it as a different car. For example the lowest base model of a spectrum and either one in between and one of a high end package. What we don't need is 10's of the same Japanese cars. Being a Japanese company and business and game dev studio they have always been BIASED against none Japanese car manufacturers. Putting more Japanese cars into their game rather than showing an equal and fair amount of cars from all global manufacturers.

PD as a Japanese Business and Game developer studio will always be BIASED towards putting more of their own car culture and history of their country than the rest of the world. This is not a fair and equal representation. And no matter what country a game is made in the should focus equally on global car culture, iconic and popular cars and trends and manufacturers. Too much focus is on their own Japanese cars. They need equal and fair diversity and the world to be accurately represented.

PD do not properly represent the global car culture and it just goes to show the presence of business led decisions, beaurocracy, politics and money making. And the game is only a byproduct of making money like any business aim and goal. Businesses need to start realizing their products to be more than cooking up a new product and making money off of it. It has to be more than that. It has to be appealing to customers with more influence coming from community and people and car culture and what they want to see and not from business managers who have no clue about cars and gaming. After all we give them their money, we buy the game. We complain about what we want in our products or what needs to b added or taken away.

It needs to have what customers want in the game and businesses need to listen to people or people simply won't buy. And away with the over false marketing and advertising gimmicks for so many years now. And away with figures claiming 1200+ cars or 1300+ cars just won't hack it anymore. I don't look at these figures and think WOW I must have that game anymore. Quality and content not numbers and other showy figures. These businesses have you all on a tight little leash and you are serving their interests not your own. They don't care about your interests. This is an example of what is wrong with businesses. This needs to change.

Sure you will say these figures and numbers will sell the game. But I say to you no this is actually has no reflection on game quality and content. I'm not saying they shouldn't market and show off numbers and figures. But they need to show off other important facts about the game that will make it sell. Especially the areas of weakness in GT games for a while now. Advertise more about game graphics, mechanics, what is simulated, and be more realistic in their advertising. I don't mind seeing figures as long as they advertise some truth and none gimmicky things. Advertise more than just graphics, car count, car track count. Advertise more in depth features, mechanics and controls. And important facts about the game.

Last edited:
Yes. I will be buying it. Stuck with the series ever since I was 3 years of age, and I`ve never missed a GT. And I wont miss this one. And I`m still playing GT to this day. Not often I go onto a game every day, or stick with it for just over 10 years. So my answer is Yes, I will end up pre-ordering it. Probably the Collectors edition as well or whatever edition they bring out.

If there was a change vote option, I would change to "I won't be buying GT7". I've had enough of the wheel support farce and I'm walking away from future PS4 sims.

Going back to arcade racers as well as getting FM6.

I shall wait for extensive reviews first...... at this point in time, I find it hard to believe things will improve knowing PD's track record. :boggled: (Speculation and my personal opinion only...)

I've been here (with PD) right from the beginning, but their last two installments have not really got me excited...maybe that's an "age thing" @ 55 years old, maybe I'm just not feeling it....

I've yet to update to PS4 but the time is closing in....Sept 1st sees the arrival of a game I can not wait for. 👍 Then....sometime in the future, I may look at GT7. (if time permits :D )

Yup I agreee . I think Kaz should drop ALL the standards that won't be fully premium converted in 7 . Yeah sure , they rerendered the standards for 6 , some becoming " Premium Standards " ( Bodywork fully redone to a high detail , inside view still like looking through a letterbox . Mazda Furai being an example )

If he brings them in 7 then it's probably a fair bet they'll be dragged into 8 also . Can imagine looking through a 3D holographic standard view on a Mazda MX5 version on PS5 now , ( I can't wait ) .

I think standard cars on a PS4 is a downright embarrassment . Just to keep the car count high . That's nothing to brag about if you're only delivering ' half ' a car .

If I was PD i'd be ashamed .

The "semi premium" cars should also be dropped, as they vary wildly in quality. Some have exteriors close to premium quality, and some just have some rough pixelated areas smoothed out and panel gaps drawn on, still having lights that look drawn on, and then some look hardly any better than the other standards at all.

Yes.

Yes, I will buy it. I'm an optimist and a massive pussy when it comes to GT.

GT was the first serious racing game I played. I have grown up with it. It is like that hot girlfriend who messes you about with her inconsistencies, but is absolutely epic where it matters.

For better or worse, I'm in.

Yes.

Yes, I will buy it. I'm an optimist and a massive pussy when it comes to GT.

GT was the first serious racing game I played. I have grown up with it. It is like that hot girlfriend who messes you about with her inconsistencies, but is absolutely epic where it matters.

For better or worse, I'm in.

Well that's a fantastic philosophy to live by...

GT7 will also contain standards . Assumingly the larger portion of the car count also, as has been the case with 5 and 6 .

I know I'm repeating myself, but I want those cars, all those cars. If you guys find the Standards unacceptable, then I suppose it's time you moved along.

I have to wonder about the same crowd not making such a fuss about the Standard tracks, which are even uglier in many ways. Just go into Photo Mode and look at the "lovely" trackside details. And frankly, I want all the classic tracks from previous GTs, which will most likely still be Standard tracks. Even in RaceRoom, which has its own version of Standard tracks complete with flat spectators and fold out trees, every track, I haven't been bothered by them in replays.

Furthermore, we don't know what kind of shape either the cars or tracks are going to be in when GT7 finally shows. Kaz has been going on a little hiring binge the last few months, and may have hired a bunch more modelers to work on the Standard stuff. But those cars and tracks are coming. It's just one of those odd things in the gaming world, and it's not exactly like Gran Turismo is the only fish in the lake. You have lots of options these days, like That Other Game. Still, if some of you end up buying it anyway, maybe they aren't so unacceptable after all.

I`ve had all the gt games , All had their good and bad points ! So yes Ill buy it when It comes out !!,,Hopefully Practice and Qualifying and no rolling starts

Well, PD have made several mistakes, probably throughout the series life.

But until another car game gets that certain feel just right, I'll be going back for another turn.

But geez, they better add a heap more cars, modern cars. This may be their Waterloo for a lot of people, perhaps them.

50% are either on the edge of not buying it, or certain they won't be. This is pretty alarming, you know, I sometimes wonder if they've just lost the link to this site? 2 minutes on here, and you think they'd change their entire development cycle - Or worse, they're so arrogant they don't care? Either way, the attitude isn't one for a long living prosperous company.

Well, PD have made several mistakes, probably throughout the series life.

But until another car game gets that certain feel just right, I'll be going back for another turn.

But geez, they better add a heap more cars, modern cars. This may be their Waterloo for a lot of people, perhaps them.

50% are either on the edge of not buying it, or certain they won't be. This is pretty alarming, you know, I sometimes wonder if they've just lost the link to this site? 2 minutes on here, and you think they'd change their entire development cycle - Or worse, they're so arrogant they don't care? Either way, the attitude isn't one for a long living prosperous company.
Maybe just include a remastered version of GT3 for all the relevant old content.

I really like the 90's bias in the road cars, but then I'm pushing 30 so I would.

Back