(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
I'll wait for a used disc after disappointed people return them to GameStop. Won't be buying digital for sure. Game files are generally huge for ps4 so i'm expecting a large file size; not to mention all the patches that will be funnelled down.

No one should preorder. Preordering is probably one of the reasons why games are released with thousands of bugs, because they know people are gonna pay full retail price no matter how buggy the product is at release.

No one should preorder. Preordering is probably one of the reasons why games are released with thousands of bugs, because they know people are gonna pay full retail price no matter how buggy the product is at release.
If it's like GT6, the possibility of avoiding career mode altogether by gaining access to cars and cash by pre-ordering is an awful big sacrifice to make in order to send a message.:sly:

And there's the reason why it works. Enough people think pretend-money and dumb **** like "exclusive" outfits in a game is worth getting games that are too buggy to even play for the first several weeks.

I hate to admit it, but they've been really successful at tricking idiots into giving them money without even giving a functioning product in return at the promised date. I'm sure their shareholders are really satisfied with them.

I need to verify what GT7 will offer, but if it won't offer the following features and things I won't buy it that's for sure:

-a damn good livery editor and implement a way to share liveries with other players. At the same level or better than what T10 offer with liveries and storefront in Forza
-a damn good tuning shop/system and implement a way to share setups with other players. At the same level or better than what T10 offer with setups and storefront in Forza. And don't forget the ability to PAUSE THE FREAKING GAME AND MAKE CHANGES ON THE GO
-engine swap
-used car dealership (why they removed it?)
-good sounds (yeah yeah they say they're doing it but I still have to hear them for all cars, not just for one or two). And by sounds I mean everything, from the engine to the exhaust, tires, transmission, collisions, vibrations, debris....
-realistic visual vibrations and head movement in cockpit view
-a hood camera (is it so difficult?)
-a clutch for controller users (is it so difficult?)
-an arcade mode to be able from the start to race any car in the game
-DAMAGE, DAMAGE, DAMAGE. Realistic visual and physical engine/transmission/suspensions/braking damage
-realistic collisions in the physics engine
-Easy and intuitive multiplayer mode.....let me say that again: easy and intuitive multiplayer mode
-efficient votekick and report system
-more recent hot cars and historical cars

What I DON'T want. Duplicates of the same car...... Pretty obvious.

For now I'm playing with the competition, I'm having A LOT fun and their new title is coming in september so no problem for me.

Last edited:
Probably not.

Probably will just move onto PC gaming, unless GT7 is something that is unimaginably spectacular.

Already there - was from the beginning as i beleive the pc is a far more better gaming platform - more grunt, better visuals, ability of mods and upgradeable etc etc...

The playstation i only purchased to play playstation only content and i must say is better suited to some game generes such as adventure, 3rd person and racing give or take flight sims (though never really got into them).

In regards to whether or not I'll purchase GT7 - can i change my vote? At this stage i will not be purchasing GT7 - voted on the fence but now want to change to a big fat NO!

Will i purchase a PS4? Yes eventually (planning to soon actually to get a ps4 on the way), gotta get my ratchet & clank fix!

I think I will. After PS3 YLOD I have moved on to PS4 and I miss GT. I have GT4 but it looks awful (can't use component with my TV) but it's still great but lacks cool things like interior view, physics were improved in newer GT too. I have Project Cars, maybe I will get Driveclub in next few days but I still miss GT. :indiff: Still remember how much fun I had drifting in S15 and other cars online on Tsukuba in GT5. I would want it even more if it had all cars unlocked in arcade.

Last edited:
I don't know if people are leaving, but now I'm just taking a different approach to wait and see, and in fact that's what I've done with all game companies now.

I agree. When I decided against buying FM5, I didn't write the franchise off on a permanent basis and I am more then willing to jump into FM6. It's just that GT6 taught me a lesson about not giving in to the hype and jumping in head first with the newest and greatest racing game.

I kept that philosophy with Project Cars and to be honest, I am glad I did. I will wait until the bugs and quirks are ironed out and only then will I purchase it.

I don't have GT6 :boggled: and depending on the outcome of FM6, I might not buy GT7, unless it has a Livery Feature or something really .... spectacular, :banghead: like, .... a Pit Stop with all Females in bikini as Pit Crew? :P
Back then, I ended up buying Xbox One Day One Edition, with FM5. :indiff:
I really enjoy the Livery Feature. :cool:
Please KAZ, add a Livery Feature to GT7, I beg of you. :bowdown:
I can't race unless I paint/design my cars first. :crazy:

Will seek community viewpoints first . 7 needs to a real driving simulator and stop focusing on the casual market so much .

It needs to have -

Better physics .
Full damage .
Advanced tuning .
ALL , I repeat , ALL pre launch promised features at launch . None of this vapourware " Coming Soon " but never coming features crap .
All sounds and visuals to be as close to the real counterparts as the PS4 can handle .
And most importantly , it must give you that 'wow' factor . Last seen in the early 2000's on my PS2 with GT3 .

If it does all this , and is not a half finished product with features so late that it renders the game obsolete , then I MAY just consider its purchase . It's about time PD got their finger out and released a mind blowing game for once . Not the mediocre experience that 6 has been with every fanboy defending its huge list of failings ,you know , just because it's GT .

Demand great things from PD , vote with your wallet and do not praise them for their shortcomings and laziness . GT is meant to be a console mover . A such, it in itself should radiate excellence .

Impress me PD 👍

I don't have GT6 :boggled: and depending on the outcome of FM6, I might not buy GT7, unless it has a Livery Feature or something really .... spectacular, :banghead: like, .... a Pit Stop with all Females in bikini as Pit Crew? :P

That sounds like someone who buys a console for one game.

Yup, that's me.:rolleyes: I bought Xbox One just to be able to play FM5.:boggled:
If I knew that the Auction House/Storefront/Gifting had been removed for good, there's no way I would've spent all that ca$h.:banghead::ouch: Also, if I knew that FH2 had no option to import FM5 vinyls(xbox one version) I would've saved that ca$h too. :banghead: :ouch: :banghead:
The lesson to be learned is: Never ass-ume that a following game will have the same "Enjoyable Features"(they were to me) included in the previous version, and before you go spend a bag of ca$h on certain items, inform yourself of the contents in those items you're about to buy, then decide whether or not it's worth ...
the $weat off your ...... wallet? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

BTW: We all have bought a console for one game, at some point or another. :rolleyes:
It's one specific game that draws our mind and ca$h spending.:nervous: The second and third and fourth etc... games, are all ... secondary attractions. :dopey:

Just like I bought PS4 so I could play GTA5, even though I had the game for/on PS3. :ill:
But I knew other possibly likable PS4 games would follow, so I bought Far Cry 4. (I enjoyed Far Cry 3 on PS3 much more). :rolleyes: Now I'm patiently waiting for Uncharted 4 .....:nervous:,
and GT7, of course. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Isn't that the reason most buy consoles? To play that one game that can't be purchased on any other platform?

Why buy a console in the first place when a computer cand do the same and so so much more?

Isn't that the reason most buy consoles? To play that one game that can't be purchased on any other platform?

Why buy a console in the first place when a computer cand do the same and so so much more?

A decent Gaming Computer co$t$ 3 times as much as a console, :banghead::banghead::banghead: adding the co$t of a 69" LED TV = :scared:

and the amount of decent games available for pc is .... limited. :dopey:

A decent Gaming Computer co$t$ 3 times as much as a console, :banghead::banghead::banghead: adding the co$t of a 69" LED TV = :scared:

and the amount of decent games available for pc is .... limited. :dopey:
The amount of decent games on pc far exceeds that of consoles. The only thing missing are console exclusives.

The amount of decent games on pc far exceeds that of consoles. The only thing missing are console exclusives.

What's decent for you, might be ... indecent for me. :P

Console's exclusive, eh? :odd: Let's get started on that right now. :lol:

Yup, that's me.:rolleyes: I bought Xbox One just to be able to play FM5.:boggled:
If I knew that the Auction House/Storefront/Gifting had been removed for good, there's no way I would've spent all that ca$h.:banghead::ouch: Also, if I knew that FH2 had no option to import FM5 vinyls(xbox one version) I would've saved that ca$h too. :banghead: :ouch: :banghead:
The lesson to be learned is: Never ass-ume that a following game will have the same "Enjoyable Features"(they were to me) included in the previous version, and before you go spend a bag of ca$h on certain items, inform yourself of the contents in those items you're about to buy, then decide whether or not it's worth ...

BTW: We all have bought a console for one game, at some point or another. :rolleyes:
It's one specific game that draws our mind and ca$h spending.:nervous: The second and third and fourth etc... games, are all ... secondary attractions. :dopey:

Just like I bought PS4 so I could play GTA5, even though I had the game for/on PS3. :ill:
But I knew other possibly likable PS4 games would follow, so I bought Far Cry 4. (I enjoyed Far Cry 3 on PS3 much more). :rolleyes: Now I'm patiently waiting for Uncharted 4 .....:nervous:,

Emoticon overkill is only necessary if you're a 12 year old girl , ( Sorry for being blunt ) . Had a hard time reading what you said there without feeling the urge to vomit .

Inbetween the overkill I do agree with your points though .

Emoticon overkill is only necessary if you're a 12 year old girl , ( Sorry for being blunt ) . Had a hard time reading what you said there without feeling the urge to vomit .

Inbetween the overkill I do agree with your points though .

Ty, but, no need to agree with my points, if you don't agree with the emotes I used.
Now, where's that vomit emote? :yuck:
Emotes are simply a .... colorful punctuation! :gtpflag:

Whenever you feel the urge to vomit (nausea), eat a piece of ginger or have ginger tea.
Google: benefits of ginger.

PS. Don't try to read something that gives you a hard time reading. :ouch:
12 yo girls have a hard time reading :lol: and they always have something to complain about. :dunce:

Last edited:

Sorry, but you went on and on about how if it didn't have a Livery Editor, and a Female Pit Crew somehow it's bad?

That's why I got, and all the emoticons in the world doesn't change that, but as for your buying a console for one game.

HE** to the 🤬 NO!

I still don't have a PS4 to this day because I was waiting for the real games(good) to come out. I love racing games, but I need variety bump that one game BS gets boring very fast.

Maybe when I was a kid that happened, but these days I need more than 1. At E3 2015 their were at least 8 games that equally held my interest.

@Johnnypenso

I agree I only started PC gaming last year, but one thing I know if you're game is bad it will come out that it's bad, and especially with Steam too.

Still correct the decent titles on PC really does outpace consoles right now.

I went on and on ......? :lol:
Mommy & daddy refused to buy you a PS4? I'm so sad for you. :boggled:
When/if you buy a ticket at the movie theater, do you get to see 8 movies? (hammering head emote goes here).
I bet you use a variety of toilet paper, since you need variety.
Same principle as buying a console (for some of us), it's the price of admission to that one game. DHU!

Small brain = small mind = gets boring fast = spelling/grammar errors ...

I'm wasting typos, on and on ..... :rolleyes:

Erm... No comment there.

When/if you buy a ticket at the movie theater, do you get to see 8 movies? (hammering head emote goes here).
Same principle as buying a console (for some of us), it's the price of admission to that one game. DHU!

...No comment here either.

Better bring yourself a flamesuit, it sure is gonna be hot there.

So I'm arguing with edit great this is awesome.....:dopey:

Everyone no arguing with the troll now.

Edit: Thank you GTplanet for the ignore option LOL! That's just awesome:gtpflag:

Edit 2: @Grandea GTR

Looking at your post now how I not know it would have made no sense to me as you're talking about that guy just ignored.

Last edited:
Back