Poll: Would you be happy with current standard cars in a PS4 Gran Turismo game?

• Thread starter Samus
  • 525 comments

Will you be happy with standard cars in a Playstation 4 Gran Turismo?

• Yes

Votes: 195 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 632 76.4%

• Total voters
Not always, but with the way games are headed you do need a larger count which PD/Kaz have their heads in the sand if they think keeping less than 200 is anywhere they need to be. If they could get up to 300 I guarantee they'd have games out at least in 2 years and refined experiences across the board I mean we probably wouldn't have even been having the standard/premium cars/tracks debate right now if this were the case.

To follow up the not always part you got bigger companies like Ubisoft who have...........apparently over 9000 employees, but looking at the Assassin's Creed Franchise having that many haven't helped so much.

9000 employees for Ubisoft? If they employed 1000 people to work on one game, people would be tripping over each other in the studio xD But seriously, I get what you mean about employee count. Getting more employees into PD would be the key to fixing many of the problems.
GRID don't have the same household name appeal as GT. They are also very different games.
Your example would be like LA Ice Cola (GRID) putting pressure on Coca-Cola (GT) or Pepsi (Forza).

Agreed. Grid is not a full on simulation. It's a cross between acrade and realism.

GRID don't have the same household name appeal as GT. They are also very different games.
Your example would be like LA Ice Cola (GRID) putting pressure on Coca-Cola (GT) or Pepsi (Forza).

Regardless though I've been keeping an eye or the Dirt, Grid, and F1 Series made by Codies for some time now. Was blown away by the F1 game at least so far the only problem with F1 racing games is number of tracks and the amount of cars.

I say that cause I realize an average person that's not a F1 fan(I'm not necessarily one myselfut ) wouldn't get into that kind of thing, but with how much I hear about Grid codies needs to do more adverts for it. The only way I've heard about Grid, Dirt, or F1 is through websites. I think Dirt may have had an advert or two.

Heck Grid doesn't even get much mention at E3 or other gaming venues of the sort.

Oh I don't actually know how many people work on the Assassin's Creed Franchise, but it's probably even higher than Codies currently is right now.

Lets stop right there, you call a codemasters game like F1 2014 and F1 2013, with PS2 quality graphics, no formation laps, messed up engine sounds, still a broken safety car (doesn't come out on lap 1 and the final laps, and takes a ton of effort to get it deployed), 60 minute practice session (only 1 practice session, not the real life 3), super stiff cars in terms of damage, auto brakes in runoff areas, no interviews and podium celebrations an outstanding game?
So what do you make of Gran Turismo then, with it's circa 2002 assets, lack of qualifying or grid starts, messed up engine sounds, discernible lack of intelligence or skill from the AI and a damage model that is simply laughable?

Project cars.

So a game that has yet to come out? Which we know neither heads or tails about how it will perform once it's here? Don't get it twisted I'm hyped for this game too, but at the same token I wouldn't be talking about other game companies games without ever playing this.

9000 employees for Ubisoft? If they employed 1000 people to work on one game, people would be tripping over each other in the studio xD But seriously, I get what you mean about employee count. Getting more employees into PD would be the key to fixing many of the problems.

Agreed. Grid is not a full on simulation. It's a cross between acrade and realism.
Forza is a cross, GRID is just 100% arcade

It is, Forza has arcade visuals and sounds, but GRID is 100% arcade, except for the cars and tracks

GRID is not an "arcade" game. I can't drift around every corner at 200mph; I have to brake in the correct places, go through corners in the correct gears, and follow racing lines if I want to go fast. If I drive like an idiot I can destroy my vehicle and end my race; it will not simply respawn. This isn't #CraigItUp Need for Speed/Burnout.

The vehicles may feel a bit floaty, but they do everything a vehicle should.

It's no pure-bred simulation but dismissing it with the arcade game argument is unbelievably tired.

GRID is not an "arcade" game. I can't drift around every corner at 200mph; I have to brake in the correct places, go through corners in the correct gears, and follow racing lines if I want to go fast. If I drive like an idiot I can destroy my vehicle and end my race; it will not simply respawn. This isn't #CraigItUp Need for Speed/Burnout.

The vehicles may feel a bit floaty, but they do everything a vehicle should.

It's no pure-bred simulation but dismissing it with the arcade game argument is unbelievably tired.

I concur with this I'm trying to figure since when did GRID even get into the discussion of being Arcade? It may not be a purest based sim out there, but Arcade WHAT!?

Back