Poll: Would you be happy with current standard cars in a PS4 Gran Turismo game?

• Thread starter Samus
  • 525 comments

Will you be happy with standard cars in a Playstation 4 Gran Turismo?

• Yes

Votes: 195 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 632 76.4%

• Total voters
I wonder how much of an interior one can really see with a helmet on their head?
Well, since you have to wonder, you never tried ?
There is not so much difference in field of view, helmet or not...
Drivers also tend to move their heads... don't they ?
The view from inside a helmet corresponds more or less the interior view in GT, depending the type of helmet.

After the level 3 weight reduction, does the actual car even have an original dash board?
Maybe they should add an aluminum gauge cluster for weight reduced cars.

Not that I care about interiors at all, I use bumper cam view.

I did not read all 16 pages, so probably i mention some stuff already mentioned.
I did not vote, and this is why:

NO, because off:
Too much double cars. Miata and mx5, Lots if nissans,mazda rx7, so what the benefit?, for programming yes, for us? same mesh, diffrent textures.
The cars are old now.Not much exterior additions in tuning.At least let me put a wing on every car ( also some premiums cant have a diffrent wing ( i think the audi r8 5.2FSI, but not sure))

Yes BUT!!:
loose the double cars, replace them with other older cars like:
Astra A or B or C GSI (VXR) 2.0 16v
Peugeot 307 sw ( for fun) or more station wagons from other brands.
Peugeot 308 gti
Toyota Auris
Toyota corolla GTSI '93
so other standard cars but like you see on the road now.
Massive rear tires tuning for the drag racers community and wheeliebars ( not my thing, but its an idea)
Newer supercars 💡 like the mclaren P1, La Ferrari, koenigs egg,BMW i8, gumpert etc.
The new AMG 6x6
So, other cars from all over the world that we didn't see yet ingame.

I used to play GTA San Andreas, modded myself, and made some mods,paintjobs, changed a few cars.
So the mesh/3d models are there, okay probably a problem with the use of the models according to licences?
The standard cars have very poor textures, like the new gt academy nissan gtr from round 4, these textures are bad, very very bad, so i believe the mesh is also not topknotch.
So why not replace these models with other models with bad mesh and textures?
And where is the option to create my own liveries?
Maybe an option to export a template, and then import the png or jpg to be aplied on the car.
I made them for Gta San Andreas.

Not my cars, i just made the paintjobs, but you get my point.

I can go on and on, thinking, that GT6 is not what it was supposed to be.
I like vision GT, But is that it?:banghead:
Words goes around that PolyPhony is a small company, but KAZ is rich, there are sponsors, why not try it?

ps. If somebody thinks, it's dumb that i name a peugeot 307 sw for fun and isn't race driving simulation, think about the moon races in GT6.When do we drive to the moon for a race?:lol:
And when do we drive to hit as much of cones as you can? That's amusement, not realism :lol:

greetz from a bad bad driver.:cheers:

Last edited:
Even though I don't like that standards will be in GT7, I will be fine with them if:

The quality is on par or close to a premium car.
No duplicates (Miatas, Skylines, etc)
Sounds are updated for ALL of the standards.
And please, I don't want this in the game as it would look like uber ****:
OppWg2y.jpg

Even though I don't like that standards will be in GT7, I will be fine with them if:

OppWg2y.jpg
I hope that isn´t what PD intended when at some point they said: We want to keep the spirit of old GT´s in GT6...

Yes leave the standard cars as they offer some countries the small oportunity to drive a car made from their own country, for example australia has 3 standard cars no premium cars
Why is that again? Holden has some pretty nice cars, I'd like to drive more.

Anyway I don't care about driving half of the standard cars anyway, and I don't use interior view I use roof/hood view. So I'd prefer they work on one of their many many many other problems.

OppWg2y.jpg
That one can stay as it is actually. It's pretty much become the running gag/joke of the standard cars, a troll car if you will since PD refuse to update a single pixel on it. :lol:

However everything else can either be upgraded or go bye-bye.

That one can stay as it is actually. It's pretty much become the running gag/joke of the standard cars, a troll car if you will since PD refuse to update a single pixel on it. :lol:

However everything else can either be upgraded or go bye-bye.
I have it in gold as well, now it's a golden ****.
1ysksZo.jpg

The only reason I did that is because paint chips are reusable now.

It still looks like it's from GT1 or GT2.

Puh... That is a tough question. As I really like the whole variety of all the cars we have available, it would be a lost to shrink down the amount of available cars. But I think, if they don't upgrade the models (at least from outside) it will ruin the immersive feeling of the game. Graphics (on ps4) will be awesome and the difference will be huge between standard an premium (as already on the ps3).

You guys do realize that even the ps3 models are gonna look outdated next to the 2015 modeled cars... Great now we have, Standarts, semi-Standarts, semi-premium (GT-HD and GT5P) premium (GT5/GT6) and ultra (GT7)....... This has become hilarious, it's outrageous that this is acceptable to some people

You guys do realize that even the ps3 models are gonna look outdated next to the 2015 modeled cars... Great now we have, Standarts, semi-Standarts, semi-premium (GT-HD and GT5P) premium (GT5/GT6) and ultra (GT7)....... This has become hilarious, it's outrageous that this is acceptable to some people
PS3 models already have built in higher fidelity that wasn't able to be displayed on the PS3 in the driving part of the game, only in photomode. The premium models will stand up well on the PS4, especially with PD's super duper lighting and shading ability.

PS3 models already have built in higher fidelity that wasn't able to be displayed on the PS3 in the driving part of the game, only in photomode. The premium models will stand up well on the PS4, especially with PD's super duper lighting and shading ability.
Yeah, I'm assuming that all the premium cars from GT6 will be photomode quality in GT7.

I'm not saying they are bad quality, but the premium models themselves have different quality between them, look at a Ferrari 599 (it has been in GT since 2006) and compare it to an FXX... They both look ok, but the FXX has a lot more attention to detail, the modeling process changes every year, you can't deny it, so, if you notice the differences in ps3 models, how will you not notice the difference in 2014 modeled cars, made specifically for the ps4?

I voted yes. Partly because Kaz has confirmed the likelihood of Standards in GT7 already, but also because Standard cars can be made satisfactory, even without interiors. It can't be hard of PD to employ a few extra workers to go back to each individual standard car and upgrade the textures and all that jazz, to bring the cars up to a semi-premium status. If they started doing this work now, they might have the whole selection done by the time GT7 releases.

The Standards with interiors (like the Tank Car for instance) could be upgraded to premium, considering they have basic interiors modeled in already. But all the rest require only exterior work to get them to a satisfactory quality.

If PD didn't consider this, they only really have three other options:

They could either ditch the standards completely (which would be a great shame, because so many iconic cars from past GT games will disappear, when they actually had a chance of being saved)

They could attempt to make all the standards premium, but then GT7 would take way too long to release.

Or they could just ignore them all completely, in which case, GT7 will be a huge embarrassment on the PS4.

How about this. Let's imagine GT7 has released with no loss of cars. All the standards have been upgraded to semi-premium. PD could put in a 'Standard to Premium' campaign, in which they gradually convert the semi-premium cars to full premium cars. They could work on one or two manufacturers in the game per month, and release the newly updated premium cars through regular patches. Then before you know it, the whole selection is to a premium quality. It might take years to do, but imagine how hyped we'd be, knowing the next manufacturer will receive a full premium upgrade.

I
I voted yes. Partly because Kaz has confirmed the likelihood of Standards in GT7 already, but also because Standard cars can be made satisfactory, even without interiors. It can't be hard of PD to employ a few extra workers to go back to each individual standard car and upgrade the textures and all that jazz, to bring the cars up to a semi-premium status. If they started doing this work now, they might have the whole selection done by the time GT7 releases.

The Standards with interiors (like the Tank Car for instance) could be upgraded to premium, considering they have basic interiors modeled in already. But all the rest require only exterior work to get them to a satisfactory quality.

If PD didn't consider this, they only really have three other options:

They could either ditch the standards completely (which would be a great shame, because so many iconic cars from past GT games will disappear, when they actually had a chance of being saved)

They could attempt to make all the standards premium, but then GT7 would take way too long to release.

Or they could just ignore them all completely, in which case, GT7 will be a huge embarrassment on the PS4.

How about this. Let's imagine GT7 has released with no loss of cars. All the standards have been upgraded to semi-premium. PD could put in a 'Standard to Premium' campaign, in which they gradually convert the semi-premium cars to full premium cars. They could work on one or two manufacturers in the game per month, and release the newly updated premium cars through regular patches. Then before you know it, the whole selection is to a premium quality. It might take years to do, but imagine how hyped we'd be, knowing the next manufacturer will receive a full premium upgrade.
I'd rather wait 4 years from now and get a full premium game

I'd rather wait 4 years from now and get a full premium game
I wouldn't. I want Gran Turismo realized to its full potential ASAP. More cars on track, multiclass racing, realistic lighting, impeccable physics, damage, competitive bot A.I., Course Maker III, Event Maker, Race Mod and an incredible Livery Editor, online with user created clubs and racing leagues, a Career Mode that includes something like my FIA GT Pro, nifty sounds... I could go on forever.

Still happy with Standard cars in GT7.

I wouldn't. I want Gran Turismo realized to its full potential ASAP. More cars on track, multiclass racing, realistic lighting, impeccable physics, damage, competitive bot A.I., Course Maker III, Event Maker, Race Mod and an incredible Livery Editor, online with user created clubs and racing leagues, a Career Mode that includes something like my FIA GT Pro, nifty sounds... I could go on forever.

Still happy with Standard cars in GT7.
:cheers::cheers:

Hmmm... if it comes down to PD either completely scraping any standards that they wont update, or just leaving them in, i would say leave them in, because at least its something. personally none of my all time favorite cars are standards, but if say, the Elise was a standard car, I would be butt-hurt if they removed it.

I'm not saying they are bad quality, but the premium models themselves have different quality between them, look at a Ferrari 599 (it has been in GT since 2006) and compare it to an FXX... They both look ok, but the FXX has a lot more attention to detail, the modeling process changes every year, you can't deny it, so, if you notice the differences in ps3 models, how will you not notice the difference in 2014 modeled cars, made specifically for the ps4?
Well, since the 599 was one of the first Premium cars modeled, it could possibly use a little touch up here and there, but the main thing holding it back from looking super smooth is that Adaptive Tesselation hasn't been implemented on it (then again, according to the writer of this list, the FXX doesn't appear to use AT either, it's just a very detailed (and very pointy) car) You just wait until you see that same 599 using the PS4's natively supported AT, it will look just as nice as the Dino.
adaptive_tessellation_gt6.jpg

Well, maybe not that nice.

Well, since the 599 was one of the first Premium cars modeled, it could possibly use a little touch up here and there, but the main thing holding it back from looking super smooth is that Adaptive Tesselation hasn't been implemented on it (then again, according to the writer of this list, the FXX doesn't appear to use AT either, it's just a very detailed (and very pointy) car) You just wait until you see that same 599 using the PS4's natively supported AT, it will look just as nice as the Dino.
adaptive_tessellation_gt6.jpg

Well, maybe not that nice.
By the way, yesterday I took a 05' Impreza to photomode and imediatly noticed the edgy wheel arcs... If Kaz didn't change the something as insignificantly small as the wheel arcs, why would he update entire cars to look good on next gen? Again, like I previously said, it's amazing that this is acceptable for some:banghead:

Btw I see you're a dreamcast fan :cheers:

I still think a 'Standard to Premium' campaign would patch up the holes in Gran Turismo. GT7 could release with semi-premium cars, then PD could gradually premiumise the entire selection.

They could update the cars in alphabetical order, or PD could cast votes as to which manufacturer next gets the premium treatment.

I've done a rough calculation regarding the rate of which PD adds premium cars to GT6. Roughly 2 cars per month.... which isn't great, but with better tech, more pier pressure from fans, more workers and the bones of the standard cars already in the game, this rate could increase.

We should protest against PD, demanding that this campaign begins sooner, rather than later :D

Last edited:
I still think a 'Standard to Premium' campaign would patch up the holes in Gran Turismo. GT7 could release with semi-premium cars, then PD could gradually premiumise the entire selection.

They could update the cars in alphabetical order, or PD could cast votes as to which manufacturer next gets the premium treatment.

I've done a rough calculation regarding the rate of which PD adds premium cars to GT6. Roughly 2 cars per month.... which isn't great, but with better tech, more pier pressure from fans, more workers and the bones of the standard cars already in the game, this rate could increase.

We should protest against PD, demanding that this campaign begins sooner, rather than later :D
If only PD didn't live in a bubble...

Latest Posts

Back