Poll: Would you be happy with current standard cars in a PS4 Gran Turismo game?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Samus, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Will you be happy with standard cars in a Playstation 4 Gran Turismo?

1. Yes

194 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

632 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. Samus

Samus

So let's clear this up and see just where the community here does stand. It won't make a blind bit of difference to what PD do I'm sure but let's see what the divide is here.

The question is as simple as can be. The next Gran Turismo game is almost certainly going to be on the Playstation 4 console. In that game, will you be happy to see standard cars in it? The definition of a standard car is simple, any 3D model that started life on the Playstation 2 games and subsequently included in GT5 and GT6, either as-is or touched up. So yes, that includes the worst of them and the best touched up, but still standard models.

If you're happy to see those in PS4 GT you'll vote yes. If all you want to see are newly created, highly detailed cars currently known as 'Premium' models with a fully detailed interior vote no.

This thread is mainly just about adding the poll, there doesn't even really need to be discussion here. There are already two threads discussing them, one in particular about them in GT7

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/im-thinking-about-standard-cars-in-gt7.305998/

2. Giygas

Giygas

It'll probably need some discussion to stay on front page...

I think I can hold out until GT8 if GT7 has standard cars.

FosterG likes this.
  3. GT5 Level 41

GT5 Level 41

I voted yes.

Tracks man, I want tracks. I look out the window, not at the interior. To each his own. The standards don't look that bad from the bumper cam.

4. pyrates

pyrates

I said no as I would love to see consistent quality and some beautiful replays in GT7. But if they were to be included it wouldn't be a game breaker for me to be honest.

5. jflomario

jflomario Premium

It would be nice if every car had a modeled interior but thats unlikely if they keep the same models so no for me.

dppllggr likes this.
  6. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

No one should be happy we have standards as it is

Lucas, oranjoos, notanexpert and 15 others like this.
  7. MMX

MMX Premium

I voted no. The same cars have been in 3 games already. Either make them all premium, or drop them, and make room for new cars.

OldF@rt, doyley101, oranjoos and 24 others like this.
  8. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

Simple no, thank to the standard car's damage model is also primitive because they are made from one part...

OldF@rt likes this.
  9. lTwiSparkle

lTwiSparkle

The Premium cars are beautiful and will probably be sufficient for PS4.
    The Standard cars were good for PS2.

The answer's simple, they have to go. The visual gap would make the whole graphics thing for the Premiums rather pointless if you're tailing a pixel-y Skyline all the way around, let's say, Trial Mountain with the dodgy rock textures. And, yes, perhaps graphics isn't important to you, Mr Reader. But let's just say PD, once again, push the next PlayStation as far as it can go and then some. It'll look amazing, I assure you, until the Ford Falcon overtakes you. And that'll make PD's valiant effort to make a truly life-like game all in vain.

I think the solution is to, maybe, not put as many "new" cars into GT7 and instead focus on Premium-izing certain, noteworthy standards such as the RUF's. This way a few people from the Standard side of the fence are happy and the Premium-only players lose the eyesores!

Despite my much-loved M3 GTR Racer being included in the Standard Divide I feel enough is enough :(

TayeezSA, oranjoos, formulac and 7 others like this.
  10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

My vote: NO

Let's get rid of these standards, however nice they can be driven.
    I like to see replays, I like to take pictures, while cruising I like to see a detailed interior etc...

I would be perfectly happy with less cars, but please give us premiums !

I do have a list of standard cars, which I would very much like to see upgraded to premium, but I'm guessing everyone has such a (different) list...

dppllggr, z71L28 and Rafael F like this.
  11. D.Kadettdriver

D.Kadettdriver

No. It would look very inconsistent. This is already the case with GT5 & GT6, but on the PS4 the differences would be even larger (just imagine the terrible Alto Works sharing a next gen track with a whole field of next gen full-premium cars. It would look very misplaced).

This probably means we have to say goodbye to a significant number of PS2-era cars (I really don't think PD can or want to remake hundreds of cars into premium versions). Sad, but that's a sacrifice I would accept if it means that GT7 will be next gen in all aspects.

OldF@rt likes this.
  12. Duphman

Duphman

Do you think Polyphony cares if you are happy regardless?

13. Fire Yoshi

Fire Yoshi

If they could at least make the exteriors premium, then I wouldn't mind.

14. Samus

Samus

Did you read the first sentence of the OP?

Well they wouldn't be standards, then. They would be a premium without an interior, like the Merc VGT.

15. diegorborges

diegorborges

I'm ok with standard cars in GT5-6: YES.
    I'll be ok with them in GT7: hmm. NO.

I will miss them and hope PD re-do most of them in premium quality? YES.

Naveek Darkroom, GT_johan and Gids like this.
  16. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

If you read the first line of his post, you will see that is not the question.

edit: Tree'd

PD are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. I wouldn't be happy about it, but then I'd be unhappy to loose many of the cars I like. I've got to vote No though, it just wouldn't be good enough for PD to that.

17. Dean

Dean

I voted no, even though I don't use interior view, it's - in my opinion - just not good enough for a Playstation 4 game to have GT2/GT3 interior graphics...

GTGranpa likes this.
  18. Mulan

Mulan

YES! Still there should be a third vote option that is the best way to please all... standards via DLC?

Tenacious D likes this.
  19. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

and please PD!!!, no more duplicate Miata, skyline, civic, s2000............:bowdown:

oranjoos, phil_75, MrUnknown and 6 others like this.
  20. iRevelationz

iRevelationz

In short: No. Absolutely not.

Vroooom. The sound of this thread flying a mile over your head. Way to contribute to the discussion, as well. :tdown:

LMSCorvetteGT2, neilinoz and glassjaw like this.
  21. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Standard cars are absolutely unacceptable. They outlived their use after GT4. I will not be buying GT7 if PD has the nerve to add them.

GTGranpa, phil_75 and z71L28 like this.
  22. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

23. ace004

ace004

This is a hard question for me, because a good amount of the cars I drive are standard. It really depends on how many they can make premium.

Vinyl Scratch and nickg07 like this.
  24. Mulan

Mulan

Well who knows, if PD is really nice they will make all premiums because Kaz has trouble removing cars he just loves them i guess sohe makes double or tripple versions just to make sure all are happy :)

Tenacious D and Gids like this.
  25. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

Maybe not ALL the standards but a lot of them are classics and should be in every GT title from now until the end of time. They do however need touched up for the PS4.

OldF@rt, oranjoos, crooky369 and 3 others like this.
  26. 88GTA

88GTA

I think of it this way:

If PD removes the standard cars will they be replaced with premium versions? The answer is no, and we will lose hundreds of awesome cars that will likely never be in another racing game again. PD's inclusion of standards have kept some of our favorite cars from past GT titles available to be used and I was happy to see that several cars were touched up for GT6.

We always talk about options on this forum and if there was a filter for "Premium" cars only in races, I think that would solve many issues. They could tie this into an event creator and then the AI would populate only GT5 and up premium models.

Imagine not being able to drive the 1996 Corvette Grand Sport or the 90's FTO cars anymore. These have been in the game since GT1.

27. zotobom

zotobom

''Happy'' is another word,but if there are standards in GT7 (and I happen to own a PS4) i'd probably still buy it if it's a good game.

OldF@rt likes this.
  28. Samus

Samus

They CAN replace a lot of them. They have the time, and can hire the manpower. Nobody wants to lose some of the vehicles themselves but the representation of them as a standard car. I think someone has already made a list of absolute must stay vehicles and it wasn't any more than 100/150. They can all be re-done as a proper, 2014 model if they manage their time and resources properly.

TayeezSA, oranjoos, Eks and 6 others like this.
  29. 88GTA

88GTA

I agree that they could, but being realistic and seeing the mess GT6 has become I would say it is highly unlikely. Their most probable route would be to polish up a few more standards like the RS200 and RUFs and move on to other features like the moon and the stars.

Tenacious D likes this.
  30. super_gt

super_gt

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!