Poll: Your favourite new circuit

Which is your favourite new circuit?


  • Total voters
    412
Cape ring easily, coolest track so far in GT5, it's almost like something straight out of ridge racer, love the tall curbs and huge banks.
 
Top Gear test track for me. I've seen every episode of the show, so I know the track inside and out. I've noticed while racing on it, you don't have to follow the track though. You cut corners, you don't even have to take the Hammerhead.
 
I think you may be one of the very few who like Motegi ...

This is true. At first I liked the setting but not the racing. Long straights and zero slopes make this uninteresting in underpowered machines IMO.
 
Cape Ring is awesome. Has such a variety of corners to test any car/ driver!
 
Can I just say that as a photogenic track, SSR7 is my favorite new one. For racing though, I have to go with either the gravel Eiger road and Rome. Both you can easily get into a rhythm, yet enough variety to keep it interesting.
 
I haven't driven SSR7 yet, but Cape Ring and Madrid are both very good. I'm very pleasantly surprised about Madrid. Good flow and interesting corners. Rome is ok, slightly worse than the older Rome Circuit and Monza is as expected, good but not great.

The rest I'd rather not race on.
 
Cape Ring, definitely. It's a fun, interesting and easy driving course. 👍
 
Cape Ring has been a revelation, such a great track. It tests your car and driving to the max, long bends that require throttle control, braking under steering, fast corners, tight hairpins, that jump!, and a decent straight. Really well thought out. Im not sold on SSR5 this time round, but havent raced that often on it yet.
Im also loving the subtle real life changes they have written in for Le Sarthe 2005>2009, this track is just epic in both versions, but i would have loved to have seen a classic 60s version too just for banter.
 
my favourite out of all the tracks on gt5 is suska theres massive straights and lots of corners
 
my favourite out of all the tracks on gt5 is suska theres massive straights and lots of corners
Yeah, you've completely missed the point of the poll. You'd be spot on if it were asking you for your favourite circuit, but it's not - it's asking for your favourite new circuit. Suzuka is not a new circuit.
 
Cape Ring has been a revelation, such a great track. It tests your car and driving to the max, long bends that require throttle control, braking under steering, fast corners, tight hairpins, that jump!, and a decent straight. Really well thought out. Im not sold on SSR5 this time round, but havent raced that often on it yet.
Im also loving the subtle real life changes they have written in for Le Sarthe 2005>2009, this track is just epic in both versions, but i would have loved to have seen a classic 60s version too just for banter.
They'd need to change most of the layout to get the 60's one.
 
I think you may be one of the very few who like Motegi ...
I loved the Motegi Speedway...you think with NASCAR in this game they would have had it for sure...the Cup guys ran on it back int he 90's.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
 
Isn't La Sarthe new? :dunce::dopey:

It is for me as I have only played GT5 Prologue on PS3 and a smidgen of GT4 on PS2 :)
 
I went with Madrid. It's a pretty fun track, I always enjoy racing it. It has some corners that take a lot of laps to figure out a perfect line / speed through. Rome is a pretty fun one too, but doesn't have as much character as Madrid.

I don't count a lot of those tracks as "new" as they were in Prologue. They may technically be "new", but I've raced them many times before.

Monza is a cool enough track, but I've done many laps of that in F1 2010. The Cape Ring track is cool in its way, but I dunno. It seems kind of cheesy and unrealistic with its giant elevated loop and a great big jump.

Another one I like a lot is the Nurburgring GP course.
 
SSR7 hands down. Soooo damn awesome yet with a simple design :)

I havent' raced this track more then once or twice, but I found it abyssmal. Its so utterly boring.


Cape Ring is proably my Favorite, although i haven't played much Nurburing GP, Madrid and monza, which all have the ability to be good.
 
I'm a bit torn between Madrid and Cape Ring. The former really has some tricky bits coupled with good overtaking and the latter has a couple of spectacular sections. The thing that makes me choose Madrid in the end is the idiotic 360 deg (or is it 450) turn at Cape Ring.
 
...and i'm actually quite fond of my track... "Willow's Field"..

Feel free to download it from me. Very fast, Seemingly simple (dont' be fool) and gives you a rush when you nail the few complex corners.

PSN: Liquizon
 
My vote is for Cape Ring, as well. Such a fun track. It's good for any car too. My choice has been my lightly tuned NC roadster. But even high powered cars are great on it.
 
I'm a bit torn between Madrid and Cape Ring. The former really has some tricky bits coupled with good overtaking and the latter has a couple of spectacular sections. The thing that makes me choose Madrid in the end is the idiotic 360 deg (or is it 450) turn at Cape Ring.
Why's the loop idiotic? It's called a fantasy track for a reason.
 
Cape Ring & Cape Ring North
 
Last edited:
I voted Monza because it just feels good for classic muscle car racing to me. But, I also love Eiger (Tarmac) for the switchback section and the scenery. This is really an unfair poll as I'd like to choose more than one track :).
 
Cape Ring...best track in GT...ever.
 
I love Cape Ring also, so far all the layouts I've tried have been a blast....though being thrown into the full reversed course in the middle of a GT World race was interesting....unfamiliar car and track...
 
I'm disappointed that there's no Special Stage Route 11, Apricot Hill, or Grindelwald this game, but Cape Ring partially makes up for these missing tracks. So good.
 
I love Cape Ring too though perhaps you coulda differentiated between the variations? I think periphery for me, and I love the loop/spiral, even though it is kinda bizarre. It's also a nice place to catch up, as the AI cars seem to take it pretty slow!
 
One question about SSR7. Only in some videos there are fireworks. How come?
 
Cape Ring, it's like the new Motorland of the GT series.
 
Back