Polyphony are you serious?

• Thread starter alex511
  • 87 comments
Seriously, just enlighten me please
Forza Horizon 5 is that game with add-on packs raging from 3 USD for single cars to 20 USD to latest Hot Wheels 10-car pack, right?

FH as it's content guidelines, as GT7 also has their guidelines. They are just different, that's it, no point mumbling GT7 should have a car because maybe FH7 will have it in the next update!

Now, seriously, it's much easier to Forza Horizon the add more cars, it's just add another body, it will just handle like any other FR car in the game. And sometimes even charge players for this kinda new cars.

FB33A41B-1B7F-4A47-B876-641D71EAE63E.jpeg

Yeah the mew M4 is ugly but agree with the sentiment. We essentially have around 80% of GTS' car list, of which many of the Racing cars are "GT originals".

Where's the new, real, ****.

Last edited:
I felt a similar thing. Its batheling that when you go to Chevrolet brand in gt7 you get a picture of the c8 right in your face, and the car is not ingame.
And then you go play fh5 and the first car you drive is...a corvette c8.
Personally I'm glad the C8 isn't in the game. Then we'd have threads complaining about people looking at it's ugly ** rear.
You are no german, as when you see such a "agressive designed" BMW drives with 200+ km/h over the Autobahn and appears behind you, you will leave the lane
Thankfully my C63 can easily keep that buck toothed beaver in the rear view :cheers:

Personally I'm glad the C8 isn't in the game. Then we'd have threads complaining about people looking at it's ugly ** rear.

Thankfully my C63 can easily keep that buck toothed beaver in the rear view :cheers:

Unless you've modded your c63 you aren't keeping the m4 behind you...

I'm not massive fan of the gxx v fxx range, but must say gxx look much better irl compared to photos.

The M4 specifically might not be everyones cup of tea but the fact is of the 12 cars added to GT7 so far, only one of them has been a road car from the last three years, and that was only another BRZ family clone. There are a LOT of holes in the modern road car lineup in GT7, especially for a game released in 2022.

The M4 specifically might not be everyones cup of tea but the fact is of the 12 cars added to GT7 so far, only one of them has been a road car from the last three years, and that was only another BRZ family clone. There are a LOT of holes in the modern road car lineup in GT7, especially for a game released in 2022.
Indeed, but wait, we get next time Dior branded car, that’s better as everything!

I'd sooner see the M4 motorway or M4 carbine (somehow...) in this game than the new BMW M4.

Would gladly take an M2, M5 or M8 though.

Last edited:
I think, over short or long, PD get more and more license troubles, as everything gets mots and more expensive and Microsoft pulls money into their forza franchise as nothing. I think, actually forza is their most important brand and they will do nearly everything, to push it on pole Position. Otherwise, they wouldn’t give so much time like for the new Motorsport.

I think, over short or long, PD get more and more license troubles, as everything gets mots and more expensive and Microsoft pulls money into their forza franchise as nothing. I think, actually forza is their most important brand and they will do nearly everything, to push it on pole Position. Otherwise, they wouldn’t give so much time like for the new Motorsport.
PD are wholly owned by Sony. They could fund license costs just as easily as Microsoft supposedly do.

PD are wholly owned by Sony. They could fund license costs just as easily as Microsoft supposedly do.
Yes, but it feels a bit, Microsoft can pull out money how they want and Sony acts more restricted.
You shouldnt't forget, Xbox is a direct department in Microsoft corporation, Playstation "only" a sub-company of Sony.
I think that can make difference in the getting of money and budget.

Last edited:
Microsoft is awash with cash, Sony isn't.
They've averaged as a group revenue of $80 billion dollars a year, for the last 3 years, with profits in excess of $30 billion a year for the same time period. To be blunt, you're 100% wrong about them not being awash with cash.

Yes, but it feels a bit, Microsoft can pull out money how they want and Sony acts more restricted.
You shouldnt't forget, Xbox is a direct department in Microsoft corporation, Playstation "only" a sub-company of Sony.
I think that can make difference in the getting of money and budget.
They got given enough money to buy Bungie for $3.6Bn, so let's not pretend that a few OEM licenses are beyond what they could afford. Being able to purchase (which they are) and being willing to purchase (which they may not) are two different things, and to try and claim they can't afford it, is, simply put nonsense.

Last edited:
We rarely ever get to race road cars online though, not sure if I can be bothered buying another road car just to drive around one of the same two tracks as my warm-up.

How many road cars have we actually been able to use? I guess the first couple of weeks was a free-for-all of tuning events so any could have been used then, but outside of that probably less than 5? It's like the game needs a more fundamental change before piling loads more cars in.

As for licensing; both Sony & Microsoft have the funding in place to afford licenses (regardless of company structure) so it's probably safe to say it's a design/editorial choice not to have certain cars in the game.

Last edited:
Back