Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 27, 2018.

1. flamingchariot

flamingchariot

Unfortunately still can't get away from them seem to follow you everywhere nowadays...

2. LR-MR-Cole

LR-MR-Cole (Banned)

If you have to cheat doing this thing I have a strong passion for doing, and that's racing, then you don't deserve to partake in doing it. Or cheating in any sort of competition for that matter.

3. Mires

Mires

I don't mind the offline content, yet, I cannot imagine being banned from game for cheating, but at the same rate being rewarded with refund for the very same reason?

Buddy, they know that they are cheating, so let them take all the responsibility for that. If you hack to the bank and fund your account with some money (no matter if 1$ or 1B$) and they catch you, you gonna go to jail, not to be kicked from the bank and get a refund for services you paid to the bank.

RodeRuner1967 and JacksHerer like this.
  4. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43

I used it to get a couple of cars before it started to feel cheap.

5. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

How far do you go with the definition of cheating? Pit glitch = cheating. Hacking the game = cheating. Doing those things offline to fill your garage for online racing = cheating? Deliberately punting people off at the corner = cheating?

Ledbetter, jdmnsprd and RodeRuner1967 like this.
  6. Factor41

Factor41

It's a fine line between being a cheat and just being a dick, but people would probably find the game more fulfilling if they were to aim for being neither.

7. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Spring Cleaning

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  8. R3V

R3V

I confess to doing the pitlane thing for in-game money. If they didn't want people doing that they should've made progression reasonable. I only have time to play 3 to 4 hours a week and at this rate it will take me months to get the 20,000,000 cars. No one should put more than 100 hours in total to unlock everything.

9. eran0004

eran0004

But 100 hours is months for you?

10. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

But you don’t need unicorn cars to win. The best gear is 450000 credits ;) They’re the icing on the cake in GTS. Useless in Sport Mode but gems offline or in lobbies.

SZRT Ice and Factor41 like this.
  11. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

This is a tough balance to get. I'm well over 100 hours at the moment, without even trying, it would be a shame to think that the game had given up everything it had to give after only a couple of months.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but offering short-term gratification at the same time as long-term playability is a tough thing to do.

Renrag39, R3V, Matty28 and 2 others like this.
  12. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

I am very happy to see this happen. I was racing last week in Sport Mode in Gr.3 at Nurburgring GP. Three times I had my finishing positions changed because someone was using the (well known and talked about) glitch at this track. I had a 2nd place finish that gave me 3rd place, a 3rd place finish that gave me 4th and a 5th place finish that gave me 6th. I kept thinking to myself, I didn’t have any penalties when I crossed the finish line in either one of those races. I was really pissed the 3rd race had done this to me and that I had realized that someone was cheating and taking 1st place. Not freakin cool at all.
    I don’t have lots of time to grind away at this game. The time I do have, I play Sport Mode more than anything, the one reason I payed for the game. So, to all of you out there, this is not fun at all when you finish in a good position in a race, only to have some cheating glitch exploiting idiot ruin it for you.
    Imagine yourself racing your tail off, having a blast the whole time and finish in 1st place (knowing you just added to your goal of 1st place finishes), to have it taken away because someone cheated. I want to be able to take part in the FIA races and it would ruin it for me if someone cheated to win these races.
    Ban the cheating racers as much as you can PD and thank you. :D :cheers:

13. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

Why is "getting everything" even an expectation?

I'm more annoyed with how over inflated my garage has become. It is filled to the brim with vehicles acquired through the campain and daily workouts, of which I do not recall which were from which.

My GT garages used to feel more personal, but now I bately care about it. Winning million dollar vehicles at random daily instead of earning them from specific events that poise a challenge, is really one of my gripes with GT Sport at the moment. There's very little exclusivity (the GT-R Safety car) in prizes, and daily play & grinding is rewarded over besting challenging events.

Still, making currency/vehicles easier to acquire, would annoy even more. I'd rather they set specific vehicles as prizes behind challenging series & endurance races that take a dedicated time & practice to do. Daily workouts however, need to go somewhere imo.

At 3-4 hours a week? It would take him a little over six months to net over 100 hours. Definitely a personal problem though. Someone like him could probably make use of some microtransactions.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Robben likes this.
  14. Mr Satay

Mr Satay

To all those complaining that it takes a long time to get money or unlock stuff and that somehow justifys cheating, tough titties. Its not your game, not your creation, it is what it is and if you can only play 1hr every couple of days this sort of game isnt for you anyway.

15. @nndr3w

@nndr3w

1 hour every couple of days is all I get to play with a few extra hours at the weekend. Game is good for me, but I'm not to bothered about money and unlocking stuff.

16. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

Entitlement much?

palqo likes this.
  17. Mr Satay

Mr Satay

Nope, just being realistic. Its like saying Iracing should have an arcade mode bhaha

18. Northstar

Northstar Premium

19. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

What a shameful attempt from a company like Sony to punish their customers from their own mistakes. I give their Customer Service rating a 0 and a :tdown:.

DaveTheStalker and alexnipi like this.
  20. Calmlity

Calmlity

If GTS can be saved offline. But it can't be. All players deserve to play Gran Turismo whoever they are and how bad their attitude. Look at the ESRB rating: for Everyone. Maybe they are just still kids or newbies that do not know a lot about sim racing yet, moreover how to drive and overtaking properly. Remember how we were kids, and love this iteration and growing up with it.
    I often play in lobbies, and there are players with various rating and attitude. I got bumped a lot even A and B DR player are still aggressive: if you are faster, just wait for chances to overtake, not bumping like newbies, still I can finish on the top even win. Faster driver needs slower one to win. If we are good in this game, show them how to play, teach them. GTS needs players to keep alive. But it is different case if player modify in-game data like using custom firmware, trainer, and something like that. I'm not trying to be wise here, just my opinion as player and GT fan since kid.

dabz343 likes this.
  21. Matty28

Matty28

@Famine So can I link my video just not mention the names in my forum post or the video title/description?

22. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Doubtful. These games along with Nintendo/Sony/MS cover themselves in barely readable legal statements that basically allow them to retain control over the game.

I believe in the past couple months, the developers of Friday the 13th & Blizzard were issuing life time bans to cheaters for exploiting online to gain advantages.
    I don't know how PEGI rates online content, but the game is rated by the ESRB in the US, and all online portions for any game contain a notice of, "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB".

In other words, be prepared to learn to live with it. Online gameplay is a free-for-all regarding language.

23. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Finishing in front of me...definitely cheating

SZRT Ice, lightningd and Johnnypenso like this.
  24. bad_brain_1

bad_brain_1

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Matty28 likes this.
  25. lightningd

lightningd

I nominate this guy for a ban

26. NoFinClue

NoFinClue

People should learn to respect others, and realise children and vulnerable people play this game; using lewd language or suggesting to kill a particular group of people is neither cool nor warranted.

So no, I wont learn to live with it, I will carry on reporting and I encourage others to also do the same.

27. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

The same is in part true here at GTP (minimum age 13 for membership), yet you seem to think your user name shouldn't have to same standard applied to it?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  28. NoFinClue

NoFinClue

If it was in violation I'm sure you would have banned me or had it changed by now.

There is a difference between tongue in cheek innuendo and using terms that promote sexual violence and murder, which are the things I have been reporting.

Edit: Besides, it shows how your mind works not mine, my user name is short for No Flippin Clue !

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    SZRT Ice and TheGeologist like this.
  29. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

I thought you’re from Finland. Ya never know.

NoFinClue likes this.
  30. treadstone

treadstone

I completely agree with you, purely in the fact that some people are going to get caught up in this who shouldn’t be ...it’s up to PD/Sony to decide who’s cheating after all, not the gamers themselves

Japanese culture is “blame and shame”, Ie blame someone else or shame them... or both!

That’s what’s happening to these gamers, rightly or wrongly they are being shamed by a company for its own inability in programming.