Polyphony must really want people to stop playing GT Sport

United States
United States
On another note from the horrible FIA experience with disconnects and the like, there is another serious issue in this game that is not really being addressed.

Currently, a lot of the top drivers in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, which lowered my SR from 99 to 79.

I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
I don't want to spend 30 minutes qualifying for a race all the time, sometimes I just want to do one practice lap and jump in the race, but I cannot do this. If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.

I know I'm not the only one that has barely played any dailies since the FIA Championship started. PD is turning a cold shoulder to its most dedicated player base. Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....

Last edited:
On another note from the horrible FIA experience with disconnects and the like, there is another serious issue in this game that is not really being addressed.

Currently, all of the top people in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
I don't want to spend 30 minutes qualifying for a race all the time, sometimes I just want to do one practice lap and jump in the race, but I cannot do this. If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.

I know I'm not the only one that has barely played any dailies since the FIA Championship started. PD is turning a cold shoulder to its most dedicated player base. Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....
Currently your SR is placing you in lower rooms. A couple of first turn incidents wouldn't drop it that far.

Are you bump drafting? I recently found out that you can bump draft with no penalties, but SR still takes a hit. Other minor contact might be doing the same.

Race C is incredibly easy to gain SR, so shouldn't take that long to rebuild.

The matchmaking is an interesting issue. There is a lack of A+ drivers in Daily Races. I understand they want to protect their DR, so some avoid Daily Races which makes the problem worse. You are overstating your point though, there are still top players that are in Daily Races.

There is one simple solution for your situation. Create a 2nd account. That way you can test the waters before jumping into Daily Races with your main account. It will take some time to build it up, but it's worth it.

Originally, I had reservations about secondary accounts, but as long as people don't use them for FIA races, then I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Especially in the long run, Daily Races could fill up with top drivers again!

Currently your SR is placing you in lower rooms. A couple of first turn incidents wouldn't drop it that far.

Are you bump drafting? I recently found out that you can bump draft with no penalties, but SR still takes a hit. Other minor contact might be doing the same.

Race C is incredibly easy to gain SR, so shouldn't take that long to rebuild.

The matchmaking is an interesting issue. There is a lack of A+ drivers in Daily Races. I understand they want to protect their DR, so some avoid Daily Races which makes the problem worse. You are overstating your point though, there are still top players that are in Daily Races.

There is one simple solution for your situation. Create a 2nd account. That way you can test the waters before jumping into Daily Races with your main account. It will take some time to build it up, but it's worth it.

Originally, I had reservations about secondary accounts, but as long as people don't use them for FIA races, then I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Especially in the long run, Daily Races could fill up with top drivers again!

This is not true, I was 99 SR when I played both matches today, and my history will tell you I've been 99 since the FIA Championship started.

No, I'm not bump drafting.

I do not think I am overstating my issue, its very clear that some, but not many, people are making second accounts to race dailies with. I shouldn't have to have two accounts to play one game.

I just did a couple races at Le Mans, I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
It's gonna be hard to enjoy yourself with your elitist attitude. Those appalling B racers are having a good time with the game. There are plenty of B level guys that would clean your clock on the track.
If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.
Sounds like you're just not good enough to make it up through the pack. See Sven Jurgens.
Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....
Even someone as great as you can end up with a lower SR rank. The GT Sport dailies are a community thing, and this is a forum for the community. I'm probably not the only one here who feels like you're insulting the masses.

This is not true, I was 99 SR when I played both matches today, and my history will tell you I've been 99 since the FIA Championship started.

I do not think I am overstating my issue, its very clear that some, but not many, people are making second accounts to race dailies with. I shouldn't have to have two accounts to play one game.
Your SR was at 79 when I checked, so something dropped it. I have no idea exactly when or what happened, but it was sometime today and that is definitely putting you in lower rooms. So what I said was absolutely true.

You said, "Currently, all of the top people in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races." So yes, you are literally overstating the issue.

I'm not trying to blame you or start an argument. I'm sincerely trying to explain why you're not in the top rooms at the moment and offer a solution to your issue.

You don't have to have two accounts to play one game. That's completely up to you. You should at least be realistic in your expectations given the information that's available.

It's gonna be hard to enjoy yourself with your elitist attitude. Those appalling B racers are having a good time with the game. There are plenty of B level guys that would clean your clock on the track.

Sounds like you're just not good enough to make it up through the pack. See Sven Jurgens.

Even someone as great as you can end up with a lower SR rank. The GT Sport dailies are a community thing, and this is a forum for the community. I'm probably not the only one here who feels like you're insulting the masses.
The risk of being in a non-clean lobby increases by a considerable amount the lower the average DR in the room is. The only time this isn't the case are when the lower B drivers aren't fast enough to catch the front, or some of those higher B drivers had a DR reset due to their SR getting tanked by morons in a big race.

As for the second point, you do realize that it doesn't matter if you're on pole or not because you can easily be dive-bombed by a moron who forgot where their brake pedal is, right?

Also Sport Mode as a whole is for a minuscule part of the community, considering only a couple thousand have done an FIA race this current season out of a couple MILLION players. According to KudosPrime, 76% of players in GT Sport have not even finished ONE Sport Mode race, 16% of players have finished 1-10 SM races, 2% 11-20 races, and only 6% actually play Sport Mode (number could potentially be far less as it is above 20 and most could've probably only done up to 35 races maximum).

I'm sorry for being really elitist, but have you really raced as an A+ player? If you have already, then I'm sorry for getting into your case. Maybe what GRaikkonen said isn't the case for a lot of A+ drivers then
I dunno, let's hear from @Sven Jurgens himself. I don't think he'll say the same given how much he hates the penalty system
Why is it an insult?
---
I still remember my argument with mthomas95 about how A+ (previously S) players barely play dailies anymore. Oh man was I so ignorant back then :lol: :lol: :lol: I myself barely play dailies anymore. On one hand I'm constantly bleeding DR because I'm midfield fodder for the aliens at the FiA races, but on the other hand I feel like I can reach 65k if I just keep grinding the dailies. But the risk vs reward is so high that right now, I've stooped so low that I'm actually happy that I'm still A+ by exclusively doing the FiA lobbies.
Currently, all of the top people in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
So right now, as much as I love the game, I can't help but fully agree woth this statement
This x100000. Thankfully there's ways around this, like a second account :) My US account is exclusively used for stress relief the moment I reached A+

Last edited:

I'm just stating something that a lot of people agree with. I don't understand why you have to be so mad. Also, you don't get to A+ by losing to B players. So you are completely wrong.

Your SR was at 79 when I checked, so something dropped it. I have no idea exactly when or what happened, but it was sometime today and that is definitely putting you in lower rooms. So what I said was absolutely true.

You said, "Currently, all of the top people in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races." So yes, you are literally overstating the issue.

I'm not trying to blame you or start an argument. I'm sincerely trying to explain why you're not in the top rooms at the moment and offer a solution to your issue.

You don't have to have two accounts to play one game. That's completely up to you. You should at least be realistic in your expectations given the information that's available.

I could have been more clear
- I edited the post to explain the Le Mans races with B drivers lowered my SR.
-I changed "all" to "a lot of"

Currently, all of the top people in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races.

Most of them yes, but some are still racing in daily races. Just check out the YouTube channel from thekie25, there you find some vids of dailies with top players. Also you need to choose most frequent time to race for better matchmaking. I think best is during evening hours.

You act like no one in lower ranks is concerned about their DR and SR being lowered.

If we all had such a delicate view of our ranking points as you do, Sport mode would collapse from a lack of players. (maybe not such a bad thing if it forced PD to do something meaningful to fix it)

I'm just stating something that a lot of people agree with. I don't understand why you have to be so mad. Also, you don't get to A+ by losing to B players. So you are completely wrong.

I could have been more clear
- I edited the post to explain the Le Mans races with B drivers lowered my SR.
-I changed "all" to "a lot of"
I'm not mad, it's just the take away from your original post was "It sucks that PD makes me race against a bunch of losers". That's what it sounded like. I've never been A+, but I've beat them and the S drivers in the dailies. Those are the only races I can do, because I have a job and I can't make it to the scheduled FIA races.
I don't think you intended to put anybody down. Just didn't sound good.

I'm not mad, it's just the take away from your original post was "It sucks that PD makes me race against a bunch of losers". That's what it sounded like. I've never been A+, but I've beat them and the S drivers in the dailies. Those are the only races I can do, because I have a job and I can't make it to the scheduled FIA races.
I don't think you intended to put anybody down. Just didn't sound good.

Only person here who doesn't sound good is you. It's okay to point out the opposing opinion, but don't act like a prick

I a

I agree with that...yesterday 4 of the top 5 in race c asia were E rated

Currently, a lot of the top drivers in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, which lowered my SR from 99 to 79.

I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
.... Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....

"We are afraid to play daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR an S SR".

I really, really don't understand the bolded part, this excessive reverence to a couple of stupid letter ratings. What do you do, log in to GTS just to admire your rating?
You can't polish it, but I bet you would if you could.
Not playing because you might lower your precious rating is ridiculous. It's a GAME.
If it's that important to some of you that you won't play a game you PAID FOR because of a few lost points, then you should probably get out more. Theres a whole world out there.

I've been an A-S driver, and I've been knocked down to a C-D...and get back in and go again. And before you elitists call me an appalling, poor driver, I try avoid contact and race clean, but not to the point where I'm afraid to get near anybody. Where is the fun in that?
If that makes my driving appalling to you, then so be it.
Again, it's-just-a-game, and one that I enjoy the heck out of.
Like others have said, go find a lobby or play something else.

It's not PD ruining the game for you...its your attitude towards your shiny precious rating trophy.

Last edited:
I really, really don't understand the bolded part, this excessive reverence to a couple of stupid letter ratings. What do you do, log in to GTS just to admire your rating?
Not playing because you might lower your precious rating is ridiculous. It's a GAME.
If it's that important to some of you that you won't play a game you PAID FOR because of a few lost points, then you should probably get out more Theres a whole world out there.

I've been an A-S driver, and I've been knocked down to a C-D...and get back in and go again. And before you elitists call me an appalling, poor driver, I try avoid contact and race clean, but not to the point where I'm afraid to get near anybody. Where is the fun in that?

It's not PD ruining the game for you...its your attitude towards your shiny precious rating trophy.

No, the problem is, if our safety rating goes down too far, our DR will reset to A or B, and then we will have to climb back up to A+/S again in order to be put in the top lobby for the FIA races.
Not all of us have unlimited time to sit down and grind out getting those points back.

It is a risky game to play, because if we miss the top lobbies we will get no FIA points.

If it's that important to some of you that you won't play a game you PAID FOR because of a few lost points, then you should probably get out more Theres a whole world out there.

We, or at least I, maintain my A+ rating because it's essential for getting the top split at FiA lobbies. Having a higher DR also means a better Strength of Field on those races, and in turn more points. The A+ players that don't play anymore are those who have an actual chance, or are at the very least, hopeful at participating at the World Tour and Live Events. It may be a game for you, but for those who have a World Tour and Live Events at stake, it simply is too great a risk

I've seen a few of the top French guys still racing the dailies recently and a handful of others currently in the top 20 in the championships, so there are a few out there still racing them but most of the top drivers are now avoiding them which is a shame and has been the case for a while really. I understand why they would avoid them too, even if they don't have a bad race or encounter a bad driver, there's a decent chance a dc or blue screen would happen and drop them DR. :ouch:

Two ways you can solve this;
  • Daily Races that only impact on SR
  • Removing the DR cap
As others have said there's absolutely nothing for the top guys to gain from the Dailies as things stand, and it's not good from the perspective people don't get many chances now to race the best and learn from them.

Also doesn't help some of the Daily choices are abysmal, like am I hell chosing to race a Mazda Roadster at Tokyo Central :lol:

If we all had such a delicate view of our ranking points as you do, Sport mode would collapse from a lack of players. (maybe not such a bad thing if it forced PD to do something meaningful to fix it)

But the problem is that IT IS that delicate when you get to A+... Even with a bunch of A's in the field, a win will net you about a hundred points and just about any other result will cost you. And if you happen to disconnect or slip into the bottom half, you lose thousands in DR. Then it takes a day or so of perfect races to recover that loss 👎
So yes, it is a problem that needs addressing.

"We are afraid to play daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR an S SR".

If it's that important to some of you that you won't play a game you PAID FOR because of a few lost points, then you should probably get out more. Theres a whole world out there.

Whoa, slow your role homie... No need for that tone here. If you don't care about your ranking or your FIA season then that's cool, but don't rag on people for giving a crap.

But the problem is that IT IS that delicate when you get to A+... Even with a bunch of A's in the field, a win will net you about a hundred points and just about any other result will cost you. And if you happen to disconnect or slip into the bottom half, you lose thousands in DR. Then it takes a day or so of perfect races to recover that loss 👎
So yes, it is a problem that needs addressing.

Perhaps it's more severe at the top, but if you don't finish in the top 5 in any rank you are going to lose points relative to that level. It's a risk for any of us, especially Race C and the FIA races where the negative DR points can really pile up with a bad performance.

If you are a Real A+ Driver, why you are Scared? Thats the Problem, to be scared to Play the Dailys means that you Not good enough to Win at any Track.

I can be easily a A+ Driver When i Player only Kyoto for Example.....

If you dont wanna a qualifing than you misssed the Point of Racing.

I think PD just want people to make more accounts. I made an alternate account mainly to have fun and not have to worry about ratings and it has worked so well (partnered with my main account not working out so well of late) that I have moved over to the alternate account completely. I still don't care about ratings and the racing is still as fun as it can be with the still broken penalty system.

It may be a game for you, but for those who have a World Tour and Live Events at stake, it simply is too great a risk

Therein lies a choice, if it's that important, then it's an easy choice to make.

Gettin' all elitist, making huge generalisations, and calling people pricks is unlikely to win the 1% any favour with the "appalling" lower ranked players who also bought GTSport... which is a game... we all bought the same thing... if somebody wants to be recognised in the real world for being good at said game, then they need to play the game accordingly... not get butthurt about it on an indepent forum and throw shade at other users (in threads they've made with poorly conceived titles)

Makes me wonder why I sacrifice position for the sake of clean racing on the very few occasions I do venture online, maybe if I conformed to this "appalling" stereotype instead, I'd get a win... or maybe I'll just keep avoiding sport mode completely for fear of clipping somebody's sense of self importance.

Gettin' all elitist, making huge generalisations, and calling people pricks is unlikely to win the 1% any favour with the "appalling" lower ranked players
Ha ha. It reminds me of a certain person who called half of the population "deplorables". How'd that work out?

I wouldn't touch the dailies if I was an A+ driver, I barely lasted 6 races as an A class...thank you La Sarthe and Blue Moon :) It honestly feels like you have a target on your back, when I see an A+ driver in a lobby I think, great maybe I can watch and learn, not...great I'll hit them and give them a penalty.

Back