Polyphony must really want people to stop playing GT Sport

That's funny, because I never said explicitly that. If a B/B driver drops to C/C he can literally gain his rank back in less than 5 races. What does he care? Certainly not worth quitting daily races over.

So of course he can't possibly understand the sheer amount of time it takes to get to A+ and how you can basically *only* do so with podium finishes, whereas you can get to DR B by finishing like 15/20th.

Again, criticizing someone for something you literally have no understanding of is beyond ignorant.
Your faux logic and wannabe elitism is ignored. Have a nice day.

Wouldn't just adding damage and increasing the length of the races ease some of this when I track my car and others are on the track it certainly keeps most people from doing stupid things as the consequences are costly and a wasted weekend. If you do damage on the cars and people would need to pit and or serve penalties maybe people would be more careful. JMPO I think the game has a place for those that just want to run and don't care about the levels or competition etc. but I do not think it is to much to ask for a place where you can compete with people who have the same interest. It is after all a " Racing Sim" and if you have ever done real racing I can tell you 'Sim Racing" is cheap in comparison and I for one would pay to be part of a better area within the game.

So much vitriol in this thread. I actually empathize with the OP. Im a c**nts hair away from A+ and I've worked so hard to get there. I can't participate in 95% of dailies anymore because the possibility of a 10 second penalty at the fault of some crap D/S or C/S driver scares me too much. I just stick to tracks I can consistently qualify on podium for.

All the people ripping into OP: I can only assume a small minority of you have ever been DR:A much less A+ and tbh that kind of invalidates your opinions, if you haven't been.

Riiiight, no one here is being "elitist". Eh, Kontra? :lol:

As for this take; I'm typically an A/S rated driver (when I am not re-climbing the ranks due to rammers). In my limited hours I can play this game I worked hard for that rank, and I work hard to retain it/recapture it. Stating that one's opinion is invalidated because they haven't had the exact same game experience as you is supreme ignorance. :boggled: You are free to empathize with the OP; it doesn't change the validity of others experience.

I'm sorry, but if you are losing your SR S rating when you race DR B rated drivers, then you are the problem - not the others around you. Most likely, most of the B rated drivers you have raced against have the same SR S rating as you have - and they have worked hard for it just as you.

It's your job as a driver to avoid contact. If that means braking a little earlier to avoid a Crashtappen coming way too fast on the inside, then you brake early. If it means taking a wider turn outside the track limits then you do some rallycross to avoid the contact. Racing is about more than being the fastest hot lapper on the track.

Keeping th SR rating at 99 is the easiest thing in GTS. I went straight up to SR S as soon as the game was released and have stayed there ever since. And I have at some times race guys in daily races with as low as DR C. You guys should watch some Formula 1 and learn how to avoid contact before you enter the track next time.

Missed all this "exciting" debate.

A+/S and I'm not playing dailys right now because I just don't have the time and also the FIA races seem to have better match ups.

I would probably be choosing to squeeze in some dailys if my DR was reset or SR taken a hit but apart from those reasons not sure why I would bother as the risk vs reward is too great.

Lobbys can be good fun too you know.

Wouldn't just adding damage and increasing the length of the races ease some of this when I track my car and others are on the track it certainly keeps most people from doing stupid things as the consequences are costly and a wasted weekend. If you do damage on the cars and people would need to pit and or serve penalties maybe people would be more careful. JMPO I think the game has a place for those that just want to run and don't care about the levels or competition etc. but I do not think it is to much to ask for a place where you can compete with people who have the same interest. It is after all a " Racing Sim" and if you have ever done real racing I can tell you 'Sim Racing" is cheap in comparison and I for one would pay to be part of a better area within the game.

There's a lot of things PD can just do to make it better. They should do them, but as of yet they haven't. It all feels very out of date and cartoonish.

As I wrote in some other thread before, I resetet my DR intentionally, because I had enough of watching on DR and driving with assists on because of it. Therefore I want to restart again but this time without stupid pressuring myself.

Beeing slaved from all this ranking stuff leads only to avoiding race combos because you think youre not competitive there and also to spending to much time in qualifying.

I just can recommend not to look anymore to DR, only for SR if you want. But even in low SR races (I had some races in SR B/C) the guys tried to avoid contact.

I will from now on just jump into the races after some practise rounds and only focus on having a fun race without any ruining of others.

DR is only for the tiny alien- group relevant, who are candidates for live events.

I'm sorry, but if you are losing your SR S rating when you race DR B rated drivers, then you are the problem - not the others around you. Most likely, most of the B rated drivers you have raced against have the same SR S rating as you have - and they have worked hard for it just as you.

It's your job as a driver to avoid contact. If that means braking a little earlier to avoid a Crashtappen coming way too fast on the inside, then you brake early. If it means taking a wider turn outside the track limits then you do some rallycross to avoid the contact. Racing is about more than being the fastest hot lapper on the track.

Keeping th SR rating at 99 is the easiest thing in GTS. I went straight up to SR S as soon as the game was released and have stayed there ever since. And I have at some times race guys in daily races with as low as DR C. You guys should watch some Formula 1 and learn how to avoid contact before you enter the track next time.

Best post in thread.

Losing SR isn't the problem. It's the 10 second penalties you get left and right when you're DR A or A+ only. At that level, a 10 second penalty puts you effectively in last place which is a huge DR hit, and unless you've BEEN to A/A+ you just don't understand this concept. These penalties are handed out left and right for things you have 0% control over.

I was trying to make this point in my previous posts, and people just considered it elitism when it's really not. Maybe one day you'll be A/A+ and you'll go from 2-12th because of a 10 second penalty you got, from someone trying to pass you on a straight and clipping your quarter panel. (literally happened to me, yes)

It might be hard to believe for a DR:B player but the penalty system is slanted heavily against the top drivers

It might be hard to believe for a DR:B player but the penalty system is slanted heavily against the top drivers
It's the 10 second penalties you get left and right when you're DR A or A+ only.

I thought the last update changed that back to where the penalties were again applied evenly across the ranks so would no longer be an effective argument?

I thought the last update changed that back to where the penalties were again applied evenly across the ranks so would no longer be an effective argument?

Good question, yes, though I've still gotten 10 second penalties post-update that I personally consider to have been excessive.

Even if that weren't the case, to strip my argument down to the simplest definitions, we still have A+/S racers being matched with D/S racers, and as long as that is the case, people like the OP will be weary of daily races.

we still have A+/S racers being matched with D/S racers, and as long as that is the case, people like the OP will be weary of daily races.

First off the DR D getting matched against the DR A guys dislike it probably more than the A guys do.

Also an A+/A ranked guy in a daily should not really be having much interaction with the D ranked drivers in the race.

The A guy should have qualified up front and be gone racing against other racers of his pace. If the A racer cannot actually outrun a true D racer then maybe he has more problems with where he is ranked than with the daily race being the problem.

Is it possible we are seeing fewer top drivers in Sport Mode not so much because they don't want to risk their SR/DR, but because many of them have finally realized the utter futility of expecting clean racing from a Sport Mode room that is auto-stewarded, and have gone back to SNAIL and WRS, which guaranteed good matchmaking and utterly clean human stewarded rooms in GT5/6?

Perhaps it is only those poor individuals that never experienced a decently run online lobby before that are all that is left taking Sport Mode seriously?

Is it possible we are seeing fewer top drivers in Sport Mode not so much because they don't want to risk their SR/DR, but because many of them have finally realized the utter futility of expecting clean racing from a Sport Mode room that is auto-stewarded, and have gone back to SNAIL and WRS, which guaranteed good matchmaking and utterly clean human stewarded rooms in GT5/6?

Perhaps it is only those poor individuals that never experienced a decently run online lobby before that are all that is left taking Sport Mode seriously?
It's possible but it seems like they're still racing in Sport Mode judging by the traffic in this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fia-race-discussion.376323/ .... just not often in dailies. Why?... to protect their DR/SR for the FIA events.

SNAIL and WRS are both great, well run series from what I gather, but how many more times do you feel the need to repeat the same thing about auto-stewarding in multiple threads :rolleyes:

maybe PD should add a 4th daily where you have to be A+ or S DR to race in it, noticed in the race description the is a DR/SR limit option so it should be possible for them to add a 4th daily race and limit it to the top tier ranks, would maybe stop all the moaning

The discussion about the Driver Rating is really boring. If you are really good driver, you don't need to avoid of Daily Races. If you fall down and you are REALLY GOOD, you can be back fast.

But most of the "A+" drivers are only good in some Tracks. If Kyoto is coming, you see a lot of A+ Drivers in the Dailys.

I don't know if it is just me or not, but I really think sport mode is getting better. I was on a 5 race clean streak yesterday and noticed a real effort to avoid contact. Was ruined when penniless lost it at La Sarthe turn 4 and flicked across the track into me for a 10s penalty.

But most of the "A+" drivers are even better in some Tracks. If Kyoto is coming, you see a lot of A+ Drivers in the Dailys.

I fixed it for you.

I became an A+ in kyoto yamagiwa II. I didn't even know the track. Learned it that day. Did 13 daily races A there won 10 placed 4th in one, 2nd at another and I disconected from the last one while 1st.

Wanna know my Dr balance for the day? -400 points. The only thing that kept me from going back to A rank is the 1.5k boost in dr points for gaining a rank.

Every time an A or A+ driver gets beaten by a B driver. Their Dr takes a beating. Under normal circunstances it just doesn't happen. But you can always face a B smurfer or be the victim of a turn 1 accident, maybe you can even spin very badly. Maybe a B driver whos dr is not at their true potential.

So every time I enter a Daily race I practice a bit to be sure I am in top form.

Most of you have never experience the beating our Dr take when we underperform in a daily race.

Also, at least half the races go like, let's see by how many seconds I can outrun second place. Then you have the odd race with A or A+ drivers which still can turn to into not being races at all because they may be half a second faster or slower than you. I am talking about battling for position here. Most of the time it turns out to be practice while sharing the track online.

Then we come to Fia races. At my level at least these races are great. Qualy positions are decided by 0.050 or even 0.001. I am only in my 2nd season and I am starting to learn the name of the players who are around my skill level, which ones are faster than me a bit slower, hard to overtake, the top guys who I can't compete against.

So mid season if you get dr reset you can't get up to A+ fast enough. I never had a dr reset but by the amount of races it took me to get there I know it is very hard to do it in such a short time.

I fixed it for you.

I became an A+ in kyoto yamagiwa II. I didn't even know the track. Learned it that day. Did 13 daily races A there won 10 placed 4th in one, 2nd at another and I disconected from the last one while 1st.

Wanna know my Dr balance for the day? -400 points. The only thing that kept me from going back to A rank is the 1.5k boost in dr points for gaining a rank.

Every time an A or A+ driver gets beaten by a B driver. Their Dr takes a beating. Under normal circunstances it just doesn't happen. But you can always face a B smurfer or be the victim of a turn 1 accident, maybe you can even spin very badly. Maybe a B driver whos dr is not at their true potential.

So every time I enter a Daily race I practice a bit to be sure I am in top form.

Most of you have never experience the beating our Dr take when we underperform in a daily race.

Also, at least half the races go like, let's see by how many seconds I can outrun second place. Then you have the odd race with A or A+ drivers which still can turn to into not being races at all because they may be half a second faster or slower than you. I am talking about battling for position here. Most of the time it turns out to be practice while sharing the track online.

Then we come to Fia races. At my level at least these races are great. Qualy positions are decided by 0.050 or even 0.001. I am only in my 2nd season and I am starting to learn the name of the players who are around my skill level, which ones are faster than me a bit slower, hard to overtake, the top guys who I can't compete against.

So mid season if you get dr reset you can't get up to A+ fast enough. I never had a dr reset but by the amount of races it took me to get there I know it is very hard to do it in such a short time.

Thanks.....

Maybe than there need to do it like Formel 2017, one Fast Qualifying (one Round) per Race......like that......

Thanks.....

Maybe than there need to do it like Formel 2017, one Fast Qualifying (one Round) per Race......like that......
It may help swap starting positions when the skill level is similar but when someone is 1 second faster than second place it may not change by much. You won't sudenly forget how to race at that pace. At least for me it could get boring.

I think it is a problem with Dr itself and I don't know if it can be fixed. A and A+ drivers are around 2% of the player base acording to what I've seen on Kudosprime. There is simply not enough A and A+ players to make even grids during dailies. If we lost fewer dr points there may start to be Dr inflation, which means it would matter more racing a lot than being fast and a lot of player would end up in the upper ranks regardless of their race pace and it would make Dr pointless.

Now that I that I think of it, I don't know what my dr ceiling is It has been flowing with my fia results and I haven't avoided tracks where I am a bit slower. I simply stop trying because I was getting matched with top 100 players in fia and it is enough for me. Also I would be artificially inflating my dr not becoming better.

It may help swap starting positions when the skill level is similar but when someone is 1 second faster than second place it may not change by much. You won't sudenly forget how to race at that pace. At least for me it could get boring.

I think it is a problem with Dr itself and I don't know if it can be fixed. A and A+ drivers are around 2% of the player base acording to what I've seen on Kudosprime. There is simply not enough A and A+ players to make even grids during dailies. If we lost fewer dr points there may start to be Dr inflation, which means it would matter more racing a lot than being fast and a lot of player would end up in the upper ranks regardless of their race pace and it would make Dr pointless.

Now that I that I think of it, I don't know what my dr ceiling is It has been flowing with my fia results and I haven't avoided tracks where I am a bit slower. I simply stop trying because I was getting matched with top 100 players in fia and it is enough for me. Also I would be artificially inflating my dr not becoming better.
It´s good to get Matched with higher Rankings, it Motivated me to be better....

It´s good to get Matched with higher Rankings, it Motivated me to be better....
Agreed. I used to do a lot of snow skiing, and what helped me to improve the most, was when I went with friends who were a lot better than me, and I followed the down the mountain. I see the similarities with car racing.

Back