Polyphony must really want people to stop playing GT Sport

Those are games, too.
I guess it's a matter of differing priorities and perspectives on this subject
if somebody wants to be recognised in the real world for being good at said game, then they need to play the game accordingly... not get butthurt about it on an indepent forum and throw shade at other users (in threads they've made with poorly conceived titles)
It's not that I don't want to play the game accordingly; I do, that's why I lament the risk vs reward of the daily races. The problem by playing the game accordingly is that when I play dailies, most of the time it's with lower ranked people. So when I get a win, what would be my DR increase? 50? 200 if I'm lucky. But what if I get divebombed at T1? What if something happens, be it my own fault or another's, what would be my DR decrease? 3000? 1500 if I'm lucky. Worst case scenario is if my SR level gets so low that my DR will reset to a much lower level
You can make the same arguments for the FiA races, but in general you have a bit more trust going against these people because the top split rooms generally contain the same people just running at differing time slots. And let's say I do still get an accident. The ones who overtaked me are more or less at around the same DR level as I, sometimes even higher, so as per the method of how DR gains/loss is calculated, my DR decrease would be much lower.

I've been very lucky to have never experienced such daily race atrocities on my main account yet, but it's already happened with my US and former team account. So I'm not taking any more chances this time. I hope you understand where I'm coming from

I guess it's a matter of differing priorities and perspectives on this subject

It's not that I don't want to play the game accordingly; I do, that's why I lament the risk vs reward of the daily races. The problem by playing the game accordingly is that when I play dailies, most of the time it's with lower ranked people. So when I get a win, what would be my DR increase? 50? 200 if I'm lucky. But what if I get divebombed at T1? What if something happens, be it my own fault or another's, what would be my DR decrease? 3000? 1500 if I'm lucky. Worst case scenario is if my SR level gets so low that my DR will reset to a much lower level
You can make the same arguments for the FiA races, but in general you have a bit more trust going against these people because the top split rooms generally contain the same people just running at differing time slots. And let's say I do still get an accident. The ones who overtaked me are more or less at around the same DR level as I, sometimes even higher, so as per the method of how DR gains/loss is calculated, my DR decrease would be much lower.

I've been very lucky to have never experienced such daily race atrocities on my main account yet, but it's already happened with my US and former team account. So I'm not taking any more chances this time. I hope you understand where I'm coming from
I understand that FIA is your priority. It probably isn't for most of the people in the dailies. I also understand that the average FIA racer is probably more skilled than the average racer in the dailies, with a few exceptions, I'm sure. Some definitely spend a lot of time doing both. I spent a bit of time as an A level driver, but mostly B. I'll never reach A+ with my controller and my inability to consistently avoid contact in the braking zones. Once I realized I had plateaued, and stopped worrying about my DR and SR, I started having more fun with it.

This is just one perspective from one daily racer. It just simply isn't as serious to a lot of the daily racers as it is to the hardcore FIA people. The idea of someone like you having a separate account just for enjoying yourself in the dailies, is probably a pretty good one. Less risk, less stress.

At 22:30 and 23:00 last night (an FIA day) I matched with plenty of A+ in Race C. I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe just stick to playing at peak times. After all, I'm sure a large number of GTS players might have been doing a certain other thing on this particular day during the afternoon...

Matchmaking is at the core of the issue. The whole point of DR is to match people of similar pace and the point of SR was to separate the aggressive reckless drivers from the contact free crowd. PD fails at both and is causing this friction among the player base.

You don't get A+ by not knowing the track or where the braking points are exactly, yet matchmaking often forces A+ (and A) drivers to drive with lower classes that aren't that comfortable with the track and car yet, often brake early or late and take unpredictable lines or adjust mid corner instead of committing to one line. Throw in a penalty system that's worse than flipping a coin on who is at fault and blame starts getting fired both ways.

I'm glad I don't bother with FIA races and thus don't care where my DR is as it's up and down all the time. I've been racing without qualifying to get away from DR.A penalties yet since the last update I'm getting nonsense 10 sec penalties in almost every other race, vs rarely before the update. I thought the penalties were more relaxed, yet it's only more relaxed if you deliberately drive people off the road...

Anyway PD is not just giving the top player base the cold shoulder, about everyone that wishes to race clean in a fair competitive environment. It's not fair for the D/S player to be put together with A/S in a room either. The only ones PD is catering too are those that don't care about clean racing and will do anything for the win. Driving dirty is now more rewarding than ever. It makes business sense though, only 6% of the player base is SR.S, catering to the driving style of 94% of the player base, majority rules....

in the last 2 days I've never had as many 10sec penalties as I have received, I thought he penalty system was getting an adjustment to soften it up a bit, not that I'm deliberately going out there to bump into people, but minor bumps have seen me getting 10sec penalties more often than I was prior.... weird and crap - mind you I've also noticed weekends and especially Sunday's seem to see more carnage from most races.

I cant say I ever got to A+ driver rating but I feel ya pain, these updates are not helping the ranking at all.

On another note from the horrible FIA experience with disconnects and the like, there is another serious issue in this game that is not really being addressed.

Currently, a lot of the top drivers in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, which lowered my SR from 99 to 79.

I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
I don't want to spend 30 minutes qualifying for a race all the time, sometimes I just want to do one practice lap and jump in the race, but I cannot do this. If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.

I know I'm not the only one that has barely played any dailies since the FIA Championship started. PD is turning a cold shoulder to its most dedicated player base. Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....

Sport mode is a gimmick that doesn't work properly. Take your A+ and move onto private lobbies and be happy.

I don't want to spend 30 minutes qualifying for a race all the time, sometimes I just want to do one practice lap and jump in the race, but I cannot do this. If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.

I know I'm not the only one that has barely played any dailies since the FIA Championship started. PD is turning a cold shoulder to its most dedicated player base. Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....

And why don't you use multi account ?

One "official" to make FIA and where you take care about DR/SR
Another one , where you can play as you like , when you want without focus on SR

So simple , i don't get why you complain ...

The way I see it is. If you get your £50's worth out of the game (and more), then does it really matter now how you play the game. On the alien front. As bad as it sounds, stick to the FIA races for the top notch racing, or form/join a league full of like-minded drivers.

And why don't you use multi account ?

One "official" to make FIA and where you take care about DR/SR
Another one , where you can play as you like , when you want without focus on SR

So simple , i don't get why you complain ...
The problem with that is that you have to pay for PS+ more than once. Thus, getting multiple accounts is expensive.

in the last 2 days I've never had as many 10sec penalties as I have received, I thought he penalty system was getting an adjustment to soften it up a bit, not that I'm deliberately going out there to bump into people, but minor bumps have seen me getting 10sec penalties more often than I was prior.... weird and crap - mind you I've also noticed weekends and especially Sunday's seem to see more carnage from most races.
Same for me too. Penalty system seems worse IMO.

This is not true, I was 99 SR when I played both matches today, and my history will tell you I've been 99 since the FIA Championship started.
the rule for SR hasn't changed, so as I read you, you want to be a 99SR for your purposes without wanting to drive in daily races in a manner to keep that 99SR is that correct? If you dont trust yourself to keep your SR up then it is your choice not to race in dailies not PD's fault.

Matchmaking is at the core of the issue. The whole point of DR is to match people of similar pace and the point of SR was to separate the aggressive reckless drivers from the contact free crowd. PD fails at both and is causing this friction among the player base.

You don't get A+ by not knowing the track or where the braking points are exactly, yet matchmaking often forces A+ (and A) drivers to drive with lower classes that aren't that comfortable with the track and car yet, often brake early or late and take unpredictable lines or adjust mid corner instead of committing to one line. Throw in a penalty system that's worse than flipping a coin on who is at fault and blame starts getting fired both ways.

I'm glad I don't bother with FIA races and thus don't care where my DR is as it's up and down all the time. I've been racing without qualifying to get away from DR.A penalties yet since the last update I'm getting nonsense 10 sec penalties in almost every other race, vs rarely before the update. I thought the penalties were more relaxed, yet it's only more relaxed if you deliberately drive people off the road...

Anyway PD is not just giving the top player base the cold shoulder, about everyone that wishes to race clean in a fair competitive environment. It's not fair for the D/S player to be put together with A/S in a room either. The only ones PD is catering too are those that don't care about clean racing and will do anything for the win. Driving dirty is now more rewarding than ever. It makes business sense though, only 6% of the player base is SR.S, catering to the driving style of 94% of the player base, majority rules....

You have to fill a grid as best you can somehow, otherwise there'd be races of just 2-3 people for those A and above. If you are to say restrict matchmaking from combining A/A+ with B and below. It's unfortunately a necessary evil.

Whatever happened to racing for the love of racing, and not a silly status rank and keeping it at maximum?

Kids these days :rolleyes:
Whatever happened to reading threads before posting? Kids these days...

By the way, your DR never went over 14k so it comes as no surprise to me that you don’t get what some people are irritated about.

Whatever happened to reading threads before posting? Kids these days...

By the way, your DR never went over 14k so it comes as no surprise to me that you don’t get what some people are irritated about.

I'm 38.... but thanks for the compliment!

Aww you stat checked me, how cute! You realise I've just started playing GT Sport online, right? And i'm about to buy a wheel again to improve my experience.

But hey, you love stats. Sad way to live indeed :lol:

I'm 38.... but thanks for the compliment!

Aww you stat checked me, how cute! You realise I've just started playing GT Sport online, right? And i'm about to buy a wheel again to improve my experience.

But hey, you love stats. Sad way to live indeed :lol:
It still doesn't excuse you from not reading the thread and potentially knowing why some people take it more serious than others.

Two ways you can solve this;
  • Daily Races that only impact on SR
  • Removing the DR cap
As others have said there's absolutely nothing for the top guys to gain from the Dailies as things stand, and it's not good from the perspective people don't get many chances now to race the best and learn from them.

Also doesn't help some of the Daily choices are abysmal, like am I hell chosing to race a Mazda Roadster at Tokyo Central :lol:
DR points gain/loss are based on the DR difference between each pair of players in a race. So the higher DR driver will see diminished points gained and increased points lost for larger differences created by an uncapped DR.

In other words, the risk/reward won't be improved by removing the DR cap. So there's not really any more incentive for top drivers to enter Daily Races. FIA races would be a much better place for top drivers to increase DR on a uncapped system since the risk is minimized by the concentration of top drivers in the top rooms.

I want to create a sub account for a different country. Can I do that?
Yes. But I think accounts in a different region bring the possibility of increased lag, so check your connection in Sport Mode to make sure you don't ruin other people's races.

Last edited:
DR points gain/loss are based on the DR difference between each pair of players in a race. So the higher DR driver will see diminished points gained and increased points lost for larger differences created by an uncapped DR.

In other words, the risk/reward won't be improved by removing the DR cap. So there's not really any more incentive for top drivers to enter Daily Races. FIA races would be a much better place for top drivers to increase DR on a uncapped system since the risk is minimized by the concentration of top drivers in the top rooms.

Yes. But I think accounts in a different region bring the possibility of increased lag, so check your connection in Sport Mode to make sure you don't ruin other people's races.

It might seem like putting things upside down, yet perhaps the DR adjustment should be reversed. When there is a large DR difference between players they should have less influence on each other's DR as finishing in the unexpected order is more likely due to unexpected circumstances. The worst being when an A+ gets disconnected during a race with a room full of DR.B to DR.D

Instead of 80 - ((your DR - other DR) / 500) for a player you finish in front of and
- 80 - ((your DR - other DR) / 500) for a player you finish behind

Make the possible per player gains/losses 80 - abs((DR difference)/500)

So people close in DR exchange more points, while people far away in DR have little influence on each other. That way an A+ doesn't have to worry as much about matchmaking essentially screwing up. And a DR reset won't be so easy to recover from, racing as a D/S in an A/S lobby with a close to top 10 qualifying time.

The only downside is that the aggressive player who doesn't mind DR resets will get more easy win opportunities on the way back up. Those yoyo accounts need to be dealt with in another way.

It might seem like putting things upside down, yet perhaps the DR adjustment should be reversed. When there is a large DR difference between players they should have less influence on each other's DR as finishing in the unexpected order is more likely due to unexpected circumstances. The worst being when an A+ gets disconnected during a race with a room full of DR.B to DR.D

Instead of 80 - ((your DR - other DR) / 500) for a player you finish in front of and
- 80 - ((your DR - other DR) / 500) for a player you finish behind

Make the possible per player gains/losses 80 - abs((DR difference)/500)

So people close in DR exchange more points, while people far away in DR have little influence on each other. That way an A+ doesn't have to worry as much about matchmaking essentially screwing up. And a DR reset won't be so easy to recover from, racing as a D/S in an A/S lobby with a close to top 10 qualifying time.

The only downside is that the aggressive player who doesn't mind DR resets will get more easy win opportunities on the way back up. Those yoyo accounts need to be dealt with in another way.
It's a difficult system to fix since there are so many different situations. Changing one part will have consequences somewhere else.

Of course there's always the outlier who plays the game in a very unique manner and throws off the rating system. I don't even want to think about how that affects everyone's DR. Could you imagine someone that's a really good driver that never qualifies, so their DR is always lower than it really should be? :lol:

It's a difficult system to fix since there are so many different situations. Changing one part will have consequences somewhere else.

Of course there's always the outlier who plays the game in a very unique manner and throws off the rating system. I don't even want to think about how that affects everyone's DR. Could you imagine someone that's a really good driver that never qualifies, so their DR is always lower than it really should be? :lol:

I qualified today! I'm up 6K already! One qualify lap, +6K, this system doesn't measure race pace!

Anyway that change won't do much until people are 10k or more apart. It's the A/S winning as D/S, or A+/S disconnecting from a B/S room that throws the rating system for a loop.

One practice lap and jumping in is exactly why you will drop SR and DR. If you want to compete and maintain A+, you need to put the time in. The only way to get to A+ rating is by doing dailies, the only way to continue your rise through A+ is to do dailies. I don't race without at least 15 mins of practice, and often it is closer to 30 mins.

If you enter a race expecting dirty driving, then it's probably just as much on you as it is the other drivers.

Latest Posts

Back