Polyphony must really want people to stop playing GT Sport

Just when you think you know someone....

6k in one day! Ok, now I expect A+ by Wednesday. :D

That would require at least 2 qualify laps, too much effort!

On topic. It's a vicious circle. A+ doesn't want to play because matchmaking makes crappy rooms, A+ avoids dailies, matchmaking makes even crappier rooms for the high ranks, more A+ avoid the dailies. Either the risk of massive losses for one bad race gets fixed or smaller rooms.

Plus it would be nice to know if it is really necessary to put A+/S to D/S together. Are there so few 90+ SR racers entering the dailies that that's the only way to get 16 to 20 people in a room?

"We are afraid to play daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR an S SR".

I really, really don't understand the bolded part, this excessive reverence to a couple of stupid letter ratings. What do you do, log in to GTS just to admire your rating?
You can't polish it, but I bet you would if you could.
Not playing because you might lower your precious rating is ridiculous. It's a GAME.
If it's that important to some of you that you won't play a game you PAID FOR because of a few lost points, then you should probably get out more. Theres a whole world out there.

I've been an A-S driver, and I've been knocked down to a C-D...and get back in and go again. And before you elitists call me an appalling, poor driver, I try avoid contact and race clean, but not to the point where I'm afraid to get near anybody. Where is the fun in that?
If that makes my driving appalling to you, then so be it.
Again, it's-just-a-game, and one that I enjoy the heck out of.
Like others have said, go find a lobby or play something else.

It's not PD ruining the game for you...its your attitude towards your shiny precious rating trophy.

Best post in this thread 👍

To be honest. It's the potential of the game that keeps me checking in once in a while.

I really try to like Sports mode but each experience confirms that Sports mode can't shake the individual kill or be killed attitude. As designed it should be mutual experience based. But there's still way too many drivers who don't consider other cars as equals sharing a road.

The elitist attitude is poor form and doesn't help anyone. It is divisive and makes for a less inclusive community, which is the opposite of what we all should want. These B racers, or lower, have every right to the game that you do. Polyphony didn't create the game for you and your 200 top-ranked friends. In fact, the argument can easily be made that Polyphony are aiming for the casual audience, which makes sense because that is where all the money is. I think Polyphony actually do a good job of balancing the game for both groups (elite and casuals). For the record, I am typically an A/S rated driver.

It's a VIDEO GAME. I am as competitive as anyone. I'll race a MFer to the elevator in the morning. I hate losing at anything. But here is the thing, in the grand scheme of things, we are talking about a video game. In the end, we are all out here/there to have fun.

Ha ha. It reminds me of a certain person who called half of the population "deplorables". How'd that work out?

Pretty well. She got a lot more votes. ;) Anyway, probably best for everyone if we leave that kind discussion out of this thread.

Last edited:
On another note from the horrible FIA experience with disconnects and the like, there is another serious issue in this game that is not really being addressed.

Currently, a lot of the top drivers in the FIA Championships (A+ prior to Superstar update) are not playing Daily Races. We are afraid to play Daily races to potentially lose our A+ DR and S SR. I just did a couple races at Le Mans, which lowered my SR from 99 to 79.

I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.
I don't want to spend 30 minutes qualifying for a race all the time, sometimes I just want to do one practice lap and jump in the race, but I cannot do this. If I do not qualify on pole, and get cleanly around the first corner, the probability of being taken out is quite high.

I know I'm not the only one that has barely played any dailies since the FIA Championship started. PD is turning a cold shoulder to its most dedicated player base. Now excuse me, I have to go do Race 3 all day and gain my SR back....

Honestly , many of us newbies that are interested in clean racing have the same issue trying to get to that point where we can race with the clean drivers. Sometimes it is absolutely ridiculous what goes on with morons diving into that first turn, driving up on the grass to make a pass penalty be da!@#$ etc. Mix it up with a couple of idiots and all the work is wiped easier than it is gained.

These B racers, or lower, have every right to the game that you do. Polyphony didn't create the game for you and your 200 top-ranked friends. In fact, the argument can easily be made that Polyphony are aiming for the casual audience, which makes sense because that is where all the money is. I think Polyphony actually do a good job of balancing the game for both groups (elite and casuals).

It's a VIDEO GAME. I am as competitive as anyone. I'll race a MFer to the elevator in the morning. I hate losing at anything. But here is the thing, in the grand scheme of things, we are talking about a video game. In the end, we are all out here/there to have fun.

Pretty well. She got a lot more votes. ;) Anyway, probably best we leave that kind discussion out of this thread.
Did you also not read what OP was talking about? He’s complaining that the game is matching him with people not near his DR, and is instead looking like it’s matching with SR.

When you have a licensed championship with actual cash prizes on the line, it’s more than a video game for some, especially for those who could have a chance to enter into the fray as well but keep getting screwed by the “cleanliness” of Sport Mode dailies. I don’t know why some casual players fail to grasp this. It’s like those people who claim eSports isn’t a real sport even though it follows the same type of procedure that most sports do (hundreds, even thousands of hours of practice in a lifetime preparing for major events).

That awkward moment when you realize US elections aren’t popular vote.
At least we can agree that this has zero place in gaming threads.

Did you also not read what OP was talking about? He’s complaining that the game is matching him with people not near his DR, and is instead looking like it’s matching with SR.

When you have a licensed championship with actual cash prizes on the line, it’s more than a video game for some, especially for those who could have a chance to enter into the fray as well but keep getting screwed by the “cleanliness” of Sport Mode dailies. I don’t know why some casual players fail to grasp this. It’s like those people who claim eSports isn’t a real sport even though it follows the same type of procedure that most sports do (hundreds, even thousands of hours of practice in a lifetime preparing for major events).

I understand that, but I was making a larger point. It's funny that you think "casual players fail to grasp this". I think the shoe is on the other foot there. I would consider myself more than a typical casual player, but that doesn't mean I do not recognize what makes up the GT Sport community; mostly casual players. It isn't the top-200 racers. Polyphony shine a light on them, justifiably so, which is great. I think that is part of the future of sim-racing. Watching eSports Racing Leagues, etc. That said, GT Sport isn't quite doing that. If you leave the competition open to everyone, which they are doing, then you have to accept all levels of ability that that entails. You might get matched with lower-ranked drivers from time-to-time. That's part of the deal until Polyphony decide to form a league with a set list of teams/participants that does not change....and these folks compete with the same sets of rules in a set format, set schedule, etc. Like a proper racing series. I do think that is where this is headed, and I would love to watch it, but we aren't there yet. Until then everyone will have to make-do playing alongside all the other non-S ranked minions out there. ;)

Boohoo. It's a game.

When you have a licensed championship with actual cash prizes on the line, it’s more than a video game for some, especially for those who could have a chance to enter into the fray as well but keep getting screwed by the “cleanliness” of Sport Mode dailies. I don’t know why some casual players fail to grasp this.

The filthy casuals among us have spoketh. Make another profile and leave it as A/S. You know, to win all that prize money you say you guys are winning //cough//...

I have 52,000 DR, and I'm getting matched with B racers because there are no opponents of similar skill level racing. The driving is absolutely appalling.

Driver rating isn't the problem, it's the SR system and how large the point spread is for an S rating. If you are in a race with all high (+95pts) SR-S drivers, the racing will be cleaner than if you are with drivers one foot into S rating. It's not right to blame it on the B rated drivers. I routinely get placed in rooms full of B drivers and the racing is awesome.

Out of curiosity, how many consecutive clean races you have?

Best post in this thread 👍

Actually I thought it was the most ignorant and antagonistic so far...

The elitist attitude is poor form and doesn't help anyone. It is divisive and makes for a less inclusive community, which is the opposite of what we all should want. These B racers, or lower, have every right to the game that you do. Polyphony didn't create the game for you and your 200 top-ranked friends. In fact, the argument can easily be made that Polyphony are aiming for the casual audience, which makes sense because that is where all the money is. I think Polyphony actually do a good job of balancing the game for both groups (elite and casuals). For the record, I am typically an A/S rated driver.

Pretty well. She got a lot more votes. ;) Anyway, probably best for everyone if we leave that kind discussion out of this thread.

Nobody here is being elitist, or trying to exclude anyone. The whole point of the thread was just to address the downsides of daily racing for higher ranks and figure out ways to bring more racers into the fold.

Boohoo. It's a game.

The filthy casuals among us have spoketh. Make another profile and leave it as A/S. You know, to win all that prize money you say you guys are winning //cough//...

I stand corrected. THIS is now the most ignorant and antagonistic post in this thread 👍

This has been true since day one. I spent a long time in D/S and was regularly ranked with people 2, sometimes 3 DR ranks above me simply because I guess having SR of S in D rank made me a magical unicorn. It sucked as much for me as it did them because I had no chance to win a race .

Actually I thought it was the most ignorant and antagonistic so far...

Still in my opinion the best. Say it as it is. Always.

I stand corrected. THIS is now the most ignorant and antagonistic post in this thread 👍

Well, you know what they say about not being able to handle the truth... This is a public forum and all opinions are allowed.

Still waiting for the link about all the A+ prize money that makes the game oh so serious also. 2 hours later, guess his internet broke 👍

Still in my opinion the best. Say it as it is. Always.

Well, you know what they say about not being able to handle the truth... This is a public forum and all opinions are allowed.

Still waiting for the link about all the A+ prize money that makes the game oh so serious also. 2 hours later, guess his internet broke 👍
I didn’t say it was A+ prize money.
Also here’s your link: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/

For some reason, the US version is nowhere to be found, but the EU version is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t say it was A+ prize money.
Also here’s your link: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/

For some reason, the US version is nowhere to be found, but the EU version is there.

You said
actual cash prizes
You then said
There was an article I read where there was up to ~90k used for the events. I’m trying to find it right now.
And your link says
10. Each Manufacturer Series Finalist and Nations Cup World Finalist will win:

• (a) an invitation to attend and participate in the “Gran Turismo™ Championships World Final” which is a live event during which the 2018 Nations Cup World Final and the 2018 Manufacturer Series World Final shall take place;

(b) return economy class flights, coach tickets or train tickets to the Gran Turismo™ Championships World Final (whichever is most applicable in the Promoter’s sole discretion); and

(c) accommodation for the duration of the Gran Turismo™ Championships World Final (at the Promoter’s sole discretion),

in addition to the invitation element of the Prize set out above, the EMEA Nations Cup Regional Final Winner shall also win (d) a trophy,

each Nations Cup Regional Finalist will win:

(e) an invitation to attend and participate in the EMEA Nations Cup Regional Final Live Event (as defined in clause 4.5 of Schedule 1);

(f) return economy class flights, coach tickets or train tickets to the EMEA Nations Cup Regional Final Live Event (whichever is most applicable in the Promoter’s sole discretion); and

(g) accommodation for the duration of the EMEA Nations Cup Regional Final Live Event (at the Promoter’s sole discretion),

information relating to travel and accommodation shall be confirmed by Promoter and/or Polyphony Digital Inc on behalf of the Promoter by email following the end of Season 3 (as set out in Schedule 1),

(together the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”).

11. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives
So where are these "actual cash prizes"??

It wasn’t the link I was looking for but was as close to what I looked at a couple of days ago. I have to look on my PC for what I saw.

Convenient. So there are no "actual cash prizes" then would you agree? As even the official rules state this is the case right?

All the rules state is expenses paid travel and accommodation. If you mis-spoke it's one thing. It's quite another to not provide evidence for a claim, is it not?

Convenient. So there are no "actual cash prizes" then would you agree? As even the official rules state this is the case right?

All the rules state is expenses paid travel and accommodation. If you mis-spoke it's one thing. It's quite another to not provide evidence for a claim, is it not?
Well excuuuse me for not being at my PC most of the day until tonight, but unfortunately the link i was looking for is hidden somewhere, not to mention you kind of antagonized a reply out of me.

If the link I find tonight is different from what i said then will rescind my early statement.

Jesús you're a confrontational lad :rolleyes:

No, there's no actual cash at stake... But that's irrelevant here. You're arguing about whether or not DR rankings and the FIA championship actually matter. You obviously don't care for it but clearly some do. Can we drop it now?

Well excuuuse me for not being at my PC most of the day until tonight, but unfortunately the link i was looking for is hidden somewhere, not to mention you kind of antagonized a reply out of me. If the link I find tonight is different from what i said then will rescind my early statement.

I merely wanted you to clarify what these prize moneys were, as you stated they are a reason for people taking the game and their rating so seriously. Now that the official page doesn't mention any prize money of any sort, with even Slipztrm stating his surprise at the mention of such, we can ascertain that the only reason people take it so seriously is because of an expensive paid trip and a trophy. Basically a free vacation where you play some GT, although i'm open to be proven wrong with any official PD link on the matter.

Jesús you're a confrontational lad :rolleyes:

No, there's no actual cash at stake... But that's irrelevant here. You're arguing about whether or not DR rankings and the FIA championship actually matter. You obviously don't care for it but clearly some do. Can we drop it now?

I'm clarifying the reasons why it is taken so seriously. It's a game we all love at the end of the day. But it's a game. That's all. People can dream of making the finals. But I can hazard a guess not many, if anyone in this thread, actually will 👍

This is exactly why I quit doing daily races (well that and the repetitiveness due to the lack of tracks). I got tired of losing 2000+ DR and 10-15 SR for every disconnect or punt into the first corner.

So much vitriol in this thread. I actually empathize with the OP. Im a c**nts hair away from A+ and I've worked so hard to get there. I can't participate in 95% of dailies anymore because the possibility of a 10 second penalty at the fault of some crap D/S or C/S driver scares me too much. I just stick to tracks I can consistently qualify on podium for.

All the people ripping into OP: I can only assume a small minority of you have ever been DR:A much less A+ and tbh that kind of invalidates your opinions, if you haven't been.

For me it is the pressure placed on players to perform over a short race that ruins the racing. PD need to expand the daily races and start putting in some substantial distance races with proper damage and fuel/tire settings. That way, people may be more inclined to be patient on the first corner, but that’s anyone’s guess if it happens. Also, SR is so much easier to acquire than DR, the consequences for bad sportsmanship are very low....drop back to C for a race or two and then you are S again, it’s crazy.

the only reason people take it so seriously is because of an expensive paid trip and a trophy. Basically a free vacation where you play some GT, although i'm open to be proven wrong with any official PD link on the matter.

You get a chance of winning an official FIA sanctioned championship, not many people in the world ever get the chance to say that and the small number that do are usually pretty rich :lol:

Picking up a trophy at the same event as all the other world champions receive their titles would be an incredible once in a lifetime opportunity for anyone. Also an incredible amount of exposure probably worth more than a cash prize. But hey it's just a game where nothing matters :rolleyes:

I can only assume a small minority of you have ever been DR:A much less A+ and tbh that kind of invalidates your opinions, if you haven't been.

Absolutely. Nobody is allowed an opinion on anything in life unless they have been in the exact same situation themselves at any point.

I fully agree with your logic there 👍

Absolutely. Nobody is allowed an opinion on anything in life unless they have been in the exact same situation themselves at any point.

I fully agree with your logic there 👍

lol. "Chill out, it's just a game"

Thats like a janitor telling his CEO to chill out, it's just a job. There's some sound logic there.

If you want to belittle my post by shoehorning it into absolutes you're free to do so, but it doesn't make me wrong.

lol. "Chill out, it's just a game"

Thats like a janitor telling his CEO to chill out, it's just a job. There's some sound logic there.

If you want to belittle my post by shoehorning it into absolutes you're free to do so, but it doesn't make me wrong.

Your opinions foundation rests on no other driver of GT Sport cares about if their racing rank falls down. Which is patently false and non exclusive to A ranked players.

If you can't see the fault in that logic then you're only trying to look good by waving some sort of E-Peen around the thread. I.E. -"Only the A drivers know muh feels".

It's akin to childish gloating. Indirectly, so the case may be.

But whatever.

Your opinions foundation rests on no other driver of GT Sport cares about if their racing rank falls down. Which is patently false and non exclusive to A ranked players.

That's funny, because I never said explicitly that. If a B/B driver drops to C/C he can literally gain his rank back in less than 5 races. What does he care? Certainly not worth quitting daily races over.

So of course he can't possibly understand the sheer amount of time it takes to get to A+ and how you can basically *only* do so with podium finishes, whereas you can get to DR B by finishing like 15/20th.

Again, criticizing someone for something you literally have no understanding of is beyond ignorant.

I will say that if indeed the A+/A racers were not actually entering the dailies that the lower ranked drivers would probably not be shedding a tear as then they would not be used as grid fillers in a lobby against racers they should never be matched against in the first place.

In my opinion no DR ranking should ever race against more than 1 class difference either up or down, An A+ ranked racer should never race anyone below an A ranking, A B ranked player should never race higher than an A or lower than a C.

Still not perfect but better than current system.

Also a player should be limited to 1 game account period and once a DR ranking is obtained that DR ranking remains within the points system for that ranking. Just make it more stable to fluctuations.

One problem currently when a player can have a half dozen accounts active the DR ranking on that account does not mean squat, just because a racer is on an account that says he is a C by points how does a ranking system stand a chance of matching a realistic lobby by pace when that supposed C racer actually has A or A+ racers pace realistically.

Ruins the game across the board for everybody. Once a B racer always a B racer and once an A racer always an A racer and only 1 account per player. Violators will be banned from sport mode forever.

All the people ripping into OP: I can only assume a small minority of you have ever been DR:A much less A+ and tbh that kind of invalidates your opinions, if you haven't been.

It does not matter what your ranking you and your opinion have just as much right within this forum and within the game. There are more mid level players than elite players so PD will probably go with where the largest money trail will be generated from.

Apparently there are not enough of the
"DR A much less A+" racers to even fill their own race grids or this would not be an issue would it?

I cannot stand someone that exhibits the type of attitude they are so superior and other people should be bowing down to their presence. People like that are such insignificant dickheads!

Latest Posts

Back