Porsche 911 (991) 2012

• Thread starter Kobhalt
  • 77 comments
This great piece of history deserve a place in this game...
Porsche_911991_Carrera_4S_2013_13_1680x1050.jpg
Porsche_911c4S_005_1680x1050.jpg
wallpapehger-i1680x1050.jpg
Porsche-911_Carrera_S_2013_1280x960_wallpaper_0f.jpg
12.jpg
wallpaper.jpg
wallpaper-i1680x1050ts4.jpg
wallpaper-i1680x10505.jpg
08.jpg

Kaz did say that he wants to bring on Porsche to GT, but for the moment he simply cannot. It's not up to him or PD's team. I'm sure that when Porsche's current deal with EA runs out, they'll be approached

So yeah, let's keep the hopes high for GT7.

PS: Hollande has a clownface even when he's not smiling :lol:

This is not possible. Porsche won't license with anyone but EA.

Why not? Don't you think that they're tired of seeing their cars in NFS only? And I'm sure MS, Sony (and mybe a few others) can put more money on the table than EA alone could.

Porsches in general, and if there could only be one, it'd have to be the original from '64, but a NA, RR RUF would be good too (unless that exists already?).

All Porsches are only not in GT, just because of ONE reason! ****ing EA!! Only Porsche themself could release the licence, but the CEOs have surely no clue and no interest in this issue.

All Porsches are only not in GT, just because of ONE reason! ****ing EA!! Only Porsche themself could release the licence, but the CEOs have surely no clue and no interest in this issue.

Though it's more than 2 years old, I think what is said in this article still applies: you're right, it seems that they quite simply do not care and leave it to EA to do what's best with their license.

Then again, if PD do manage to secure a Porsche AG license (be it a sub-license, provided by EA), I wonder what Trun10 (aka MS) would do about it. They could simply block the Ferrari SpA sub-license they provided Polyphony with, as the GT franchise wouldn't be missing any of the big brands. And that's not good for their business now, is it?... It's just a thought.

I'd love for this to happen, but with the license issues its unlikely. What I would like as a compromise is add newer RUFs and make all of the existing ones premium.

License issues with EA or not, Porsche has to be aware of what the other car manufacturers are doing with PD/GT.

The GT by Citroën in GT5
The Corvette C7 camo and Stingray version in GT5
The BMW M4
The Toyota TF-1
Vision Gran Turismo - where the auto manufacturers are creating cars specifically for Gran Turismo.

Porsche - or parent company VW - have to be aware of GT's significance in the automotive world. I'm sure with one phone call to EA, Porsche could get their cars in GT.

I don't think it's a matter of them not knowing or not caring, but the fact Porsche still isn't in GT is mind boggling.

Well i guess that is because they can't do a move with these contract, EA know that if Porsche leave him, they'll never see any Porsche in a EA game for a long time....

What a good news it will be to drive the myth 911on Gran Turismo, please Electronic Arts and Porsche, deliver us from this long time of waiting !

I still don't understand why Porsche allows EA to monopolize their company. In a business world the supplier wants to make its products available to as many buyers to maximize profits. What Porsche is doing is minimizing its profits to only one company. This makes no sense when other companies are willing to pay more to showcase Porsches in their games. As far as I know Porsche is the most requested car company on any racing game other than EA and as far as I know the only company stubborn enough to not let others use their amazing cars. I know this will never get to Porsche but... LET OTHER COMPANIES USE PORSCHES!!!! I'm also sure that people are not voting for Porsches because they know it's a waste if time. That's why it's not higher on the list. But it's still the most requested vehicle in any other racing game.

Last edited:
Don't forget these:

997 GT3 Spec-R

normal.jpg

997 GT3 RSR

Manthey (yellow) and a Factory (orange) efforts shown below; GT3 RSR (yellow) and GT3R Hybrid* (orange).

*Not your momma's Prius, Flywheel hybrid, non battery system. Nice little tidbit about it here.

cmsimage.asp

HOI2466.jpg

and these...

991 RSR (2013 - present)

normal.jpg

normal.jpg

(Saw them recently at the WEC 6hours of Austin @ COTA, gorgeous machines)

And for all the naysayers that don't know anything about Porsche racing history and think 911's cant handle or race....here's a bit of info for ya....from dirt to road, the 911 has history not to mention other cars. PR & marketing but a summary of why we love Porsche.

http://press.porsche.com/motorsport/index.php

Back