Porsche 911 (991) 2012

• Thread starter Kobhalt
  • 77 comments
I'm not trying to take anything away from this thread - I proudly voted with my "like" - but considering the legal situation currently preventing Porsche from coming to GT, I highly recommend everyone who has voted for this thread also consider the RUF threads that are out there.

There's nothing wrong with showing your desire for the 911 - I'm in love with the car and I don't even know why, :drool::bowdown: but let's also support the Porsche machinery (minus the badge and history, i.e. RUF) that we can get in the game right now.

This thread has nearly 300 votes. Let's get a similiar number of votes for some of the RUF's:

RUF RT-35
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ruf-rt-35.297933/

RUF Rt 12 R
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2012-ruf-rt12-r.300261/

RUF RGT-8
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2011-ruf-rgt-8.299756/

There may be legal issues, but we certainly need porche! not only 911, we need boxter, cayman, panamera, and all kinds of 911, (964, 993, 996, 997, 991 etc.) both carrera4, carrera2S, turbo, GT2, GT3 versions etc.
And Carrera GT!!:drool::drool:

For anyone having difficulty driving any of the cars in GT6 - some old cars were tricky to drive - but probably few were as difficult as the early Porsche 911. Here the Roman Caresani 1965 2 litre 911 running on period correct Dunlop CR65 Cross Ply tyres attempts a qualifying lap at a busy Spa. Ignore the usual ignorant comments on Youtube - there is nothing wrong with the car and the man does know how to drive (lap record holder).

This is also one of the reasons why I would love a Porsche 911 in the game - preferably an early one like the example in the clip and the latest one, which would showcase how far the car has developed.

This really is a superb clip and well worth a few minutes of your day - turn up the volume, that 2 litre flat six sounds great!

NB - if you are curious about why he holds his finger on the mirror - that is to stop the glass vibrating to get a better view and check whether a faster car is approaching.

PS - He set pole later in the session when he got a traffic free lap.

Last edited:
Kaz did say that he wants to bring on Porsche to GT, but for the moment he simply cannot. It's not up to him or PD's team. I'm sure that when Porsche's current deal with EA runs out, they'll be approached

So yeah, let's keep the hopes high for GT7.

PS: Hollande has a clownface even when he's not smiling :lol:
Oh no wonder Ruf is in GT4 D good job pzhpfw

If Porsche doesn't renew EA's licensing It will be A great day in Sim Racing:D, Only Turn 10 made the sacrifice for their customers. Is Turn 10 generating that much more revenue than Polyphony Digital, Or Is it that Dan Greenawalt cares more about His Customers request than Kazunori Yamauchi?:confused:

If Porsche doesn't renew EA's licensing It will be A great day in Sim Racing:D, Only Turn 10 made the sacrifice for their customers. Is Turn 10 generating that much more revenue than Polyphony Digital, Or Is it that Dan Greenawalt cares more about His Customers request than Kazunori Yamauchi?:confused:
But, judging that almost every generation of 911 will be available in new NFS, it will be almost impossible to have it. I would like to have that 911 GT3 from GT3, even if it's standard

But, judging that almost every generation of 911 will be available in new NFS, it will be almost impossible to have it. I would like to have that 911 GT3 from GT3, even if it's standard

I never played need for speed, and since EA is sitting on Porsche, I never will play Need For Speed, I mostly run Sims, I do play the Sim-cade driver Driveclub though:lol: Forza 6 Will have Porsche's Sept 2015:tup: Big Ups to Dan Greenawalt. If I had the expendable income I would buy and X-Box One just for Porsche in Forza 6:crazy:.

Back