Porsche 911 (991) 2012

• Thread starter Kobhalt
  • 77 comments
I know why we don't have Porsche in the game. If it did, then it would cause unimaginable amounts of chaos to the universe that it would destroy itself.

A 911 Turbo cannot be quicker than a GT-R, because Nissan.
and
A GT-R cannot be quicker than a 911 Turbo, because Porsche.

^It's an unsolvable problem.

It truly is a shame not to have these cars in the game, EA WASTES the license that they do have on the P.O.S. NFS games. They don't even have the stones or the brains to bring out a decent racing simulator. That SHIFT garbage? UGH...even the NFS games are so boring to play.

It truly is a shame not to have these cars in the game, EA WASTES the license that they do have on the P.O.S. NFS games. They don't even have the stones or the brains to bring out a decent racing simulator. That SHIFT garbage? UGH...even the NFS games are so boring to play.

Sure would be nice if they made an updated version of Porsche Unleashed, by far the best NFS game to date and best racer of its day.

I would like to see any Porsches in GT, would love to the the GT1, the 550 Spider and the 935 Moby Dick :)

IF we ever see Porsche come to a future GT title, The PD crew should definitely include the Weissach test track. Lots of fun to play on...

Kaz did say that he wants to bring on Porsche to GT, but for the moment he simply cannot. It's not up to him or PD's team. I'm sure that when Porsche's current deal with EA runs out, they'll be approached

So yeah, let's keep the hopes high for GT7.
I spotted this on le man circuit on the start/finish straight. I think something might happen. After all the Porsche logo is in gt6 so the cars might follow to gt7
PS: Hollande has a clownface even when he's not smiling :lol:

Attachments

• 20140129_154810.jpg
    20140129_154810.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Unfortunately I think it's in reference to Porsche returning to the Le Mans 24 hour, not gran turismo as Porsche is not nor has been in the series except for rebadged RUF's and (correct if wrong) the accidental implementation of a 911 in one of the first gt's before it was realised in infringement with EA's property license

Unfortunately I think it's in reference to Porsche returning to the Le Mans 24 hour, not gran turismo as Porsche is not nor has been in the series except for rebadged RUF's and (correct if wrong) the accidental implementation of a 911 in one of the first gt's before it was realised in infringement with EA's property license
It probably is. I am clued up on the story behind the license. The first gt game to feature ruf was gt2. Didn't notice the 911 in there when I last played. Its stupid how ea are the only ones allowed real Porsche but nobody else. Especially if the badge is allowed in :/

I do also hope to see Porsches in GT eventually and I do believe it can happen as the relationship between Kaz and Porsche seems to be alright. Anyway, I think the best alternative until that happens is for PD to fully utilize the Ruf license.

EA PORSCHE LOOP HOLE:

Friends I believe I might have solved the dilemma of getting Porsche into Gran Tourismo. The EA contract with Porsche only allows Porsche to have their cars in the game NFS and no other racing games unless EA gives a go-ahead to another GAMING company if they ask them (them=EA). However it does not mention that the cars are not aloud to be scanned by a group not related to other games or games in general. Obviously PD flocking around a 917 would immediately raise suspicions with the EA group. That is why I propose PD to FIRE a scanning team and or teams. Then that group would create an "independent" business from PD to scan cars and put them in an "encyclopedia of cars" if you will. Now money becomes an issue as to how this business can start. Obviously checks from PD would be suspicious which is why Porsche should "invest" in this new company to get it on its feet. Eventually Porsche will make a profit but we will get to that later. The independent company could put the cars in a book or online and have exact readings of how the car will perform to "inform the reader". This group would also scan other cars to put in the book just to ease suspicions and help incase of a pending lawsuit. Meanwhile the independent company has all the information necessary to put the car in Gran Tourismo. PD then buys the information that the independent company has acquired which has now been put in a "book" form that other people like you and me can buy. Obviously the name Porsche cannot be used and neither can their logo. PD would need to make a pseudo name for Porsche (Porsch, Porscha, or Portia which is pronounced the same). As for the Porsche logo PD would need to use a reversed design of the logo. This method of reversing an image has been used to pass copyrights numerous times on the internet (watch some F1 videos if you don't believe me). Now once PD has paid the independent company, they have money to pay their investor, Porsche, giving Porsche a profit for doing this. EA can not control all decision that Porsche makes, only one having to do with video games. Now I highly doubt that PD would exercise the amount of time and energy required to pull this off. However I feel that this is the one of the few, if not only, possible way for Porsche (I mean Portia ;)) to be in Gran Tourismo.

Last edited:
EA PORSCHE LOOP HOLE:

Friends I believe I might have solved the dilemma of getting Porsche into Gran Tourismo. The EA contract with Porsche only allows Porsche to have their cars in the game NFS and no other racing games unless EA gives a go-ahead to another GAMING company if they ask them (them=EA). However it does not mention that the cars are not aloud to be scanned by a group not related to other games or games in general. Obviously PD flocking around a 917 would immediately raise suspicions with the EA group. That is why I propose PD to FIRE a scanning team and or teams. Then that group would create an "independent" business from PD to scan cars and put them in an "encyclopedia of cars" if you will. Now money becomes an issue as to how this business can start. Obviously checks from PD would be suspicious which is why Porsche should "invest" in this new company to get it on its feet. Eventually Porsche will make a profit but we will get to that later. The independent company could put the cars in a book or online and have exact readings of how the car will perform to "inform the reader". This group would also scan other cars to put in the book just to ease suspicions and help incase of a pending lawsuit. Meanwhile the independent company has all the information necessary to put the car in Gran Tourismo. PD then buys the information that the independent company has acquired which has now been put in a "book" form that other people like you and me can buy. Obviously the name Porsche cannot be used and neither can their logo. PD would need to make a pseudo name for Porsche (Porsch, Porscha, or Portia which is pronounced the same). As for the Porsche logo PD would need to use a reversed design of the logo. This method of reversing an image has been used to pass copyrights numerous times on the internet (watch some F1 videos if you don't believe me). Now once PD has paid the independent company, they have money to pay their investor, Porsche, giving Porsche a profit for doing this. EA can not control all decision that Porsche makes, only one having to do with video games. Now I highly doubt that PD would exercise the amount of time and energy required to pull this off. However I feel that this is the one of the few, if not only, possible way for Porsche (I mean Portia ;)) to be in Gran Tourismo.

Very creative but sounds unlikely. Hopefully GT finds some workaround though and soon - or at least models every car RUF has ever made. :D

Very creative but sounds unlikely. Hopefully GT finds some workaround though and soon - or at least models every car RUF has ever made. :D
Yeah. As I said I highly doubt that PD or Porsche would use that much time and energy to do such a thing.

Maybe that's how Rockstar was able to put Gemballa Porsches in Midnight Club 3.
It's creative but no. Gemballa is also a German recognized manufacturer. :)
GEMBALLA is more than just a tuner. In 1985, the then fledgling company was awarded its coveted ‘manufacturer’ status by the German Transport Authority, Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA).

I don't see why not. I think it's just a case of Gemballa not being well known enough.

Give me a second...

...YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

okay I'm done. XD

In all seriousness, this means that more Porsche based cars could possibly make it into GT, and that idea makes me really happy.

Last edited:
I'm reasonably certain Porsche wouldn't want people circumventing EA's licence anymore than EA would.
Oh I highly doubt they would. What I said was a possible way to get around it. Doesn't mean there won't be a ton of law suits between Porsche, EA, and PD.

I hope Porsche will be in a future GT Title.
It´s just because they are so well build and all testdrivers and Racedrivers say that a 911 drives superb
=> me want to drive them too (ingame and in reality but later is far away)

And to the Gemballa theme: Gemballa is broke => hopefully PD grabs a bit of money and tries do get a few good Gemballas :D (or its impossible know)

If not Porsche, then squeeze everything out of RUF license. Every RUF model should be made into premium + get license for Dauer 962C Le Mans racing car to please all those Porsche fans that can't have their beloved cars in GT.
Agree strongly on Your statment Redbaron, all the RUF's that are currerntly in GT should be premium. Aswell as the modern vehicals, I could live with just the BTR or yellowbird premium. If that whair to happen Kaz would be My new god:bowdown:.

Agree strongly on Your statment Redbaron, all the RUF's that are currerntly in GT should be premium. Aswell as the modern vehicals, I could live with just the BTR or yellowbird premium. If that whair to happen Kaz would be My new god:bowdown:.

Give me the Yellowbird and RGT-8 premium and I, too, would be on cloud 9. :cheers:

Back