Porsche Endurance Race Glitch???

• Thread starter Brewguy44
  • 101 comments
Why do you think they would be monitoring this thread?

It’s fine if people don’t care, it’s their accounts, not mine. I’m just telling them what the risks are so that they don’t base their decision on the wrong assumption that it’s okay since it’s not a player-created glitch, or pretending that they’re just playing as they normally would when clearly they’re not.

I’m just stating facts, I don’t see why you get so upset about that.

Could you actually show us the part of the Terms of Service that suggests accounts can get banned for exploiting single player bugs in a game?

I already did.

You provided an image which mentioned it being against the ToS for using bugs for gaining an 'unfair advantage'

In no way does grinding using a game bug gain you an unfair advantage over other players. It just doesn't. Exploiting this bug isn't going to gain you any advantage. Even if you think 'oh people can get more credits and then buy more cars', that still doesn't provide an advantage, especially with all players being able to get free Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars by signing a contract.

So no. People will not be banned. Stop being pedantic. It simply isn't against the ToS no matter what you say. It doesn't gain people any advantage over other players.

You provided an image which mentioned it being against the ToS for using bugs for gaining an 'unfair advantage'

In no way does grinding using a game bug gain you an unfair advantage over other players.

Except that in the terms of service, the sentence ends after advantage. The bit about it being over other players is something you made up.

Here is what it actually says:
  • You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage.
For reference:

Skärmbild (969).png

Except that in the terms of service, the sentence ends after advantage. The bit about it being over other players is something you made up.

Here is what it actually says:
  • You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage.
For reference:

View attachment 777205

Your pedancy is boring and pathetic.

Racing against AI cars without fuel isn't going to get you banned. In no way does it give a player an unfair advantage, There is no one or no thing to get an advantage upon

Your pedancy is boring and pathetic.

And yet you seem very interested in arguing.

Racing against AI cars without fuel isn't going to get you banned. In no way does it give a player an unfair advantage, There is no one or no thing to get an advantage upon

The advantage is that you obtain credits. The reason for why it might be risky is that PD is selling cars for real money.

At the crux of it is how do you measure someones' intent?

If I go into this blind and like many people, find out the AI is broken so I finish it and I get 400,000 credits then is that fine?

So what if I go into this knowing full well that the AI is broken and I get that same 400,000 credits is that then not fine?

So how is Sony about to police that?

Its all well and good trying to argue boilerplate while literally no one else will argue with you.

If you then look at all the events affected, I beleive its just 4 x timed events plus 2 x mission challenges we are talking about 1,600,000 + about 150,000 in total?

I could be off by a bit but lets just say its $2 mil. credits.

Sony is going after people for 'illegally obtaining' (LOL!) $2 mil. credits. ie. a W08 or a 1/10th of a $20 mil. car???

I think the intent point is a fair point with some logical merit. Unless someone, say, does the same race 100 times in a couple of days it would surely be hard to separate intentional versus accidental? Whereas the pit lane glitch, for example, must have been pretty obvious from the incredible lap times being put in (think Cher singing If I Could Turn Back Time...).

Emotions can sometimes run wild online. Personally, I think it's not a clear argument and I don't feel anyone will change their minds at this point.

As the debate has now been made elaborately enough here for anyone to reach their own conclusion either way, might I propose a bit of John Lennon - Give Peace A Chance? :cheers::):gtpflag:

I can see what you are doing when you are using the glitch, but what is the point?

You spend 1 hour going around Circuit de la Sarthe in slow speed and after 20 minutes you all the time need to think about avoiding the cars that is running with a speed of 80 kph. What is funny about doing that. I tried it yesterday and was bored to death after five minutes.

For the same number of laps around Circuit de la Sarthe you by doing the nostalgic 79 race in a shorter time will get 6 x 240,000 = 1,440,000 credits and will have much more fun.

Another option GT League Professional, Group 1 Cup, Autodrome Lago Maggiore, you can easily within one hour have four races each giving you 330,000 credits so in less than one hour 1,320,000 credits and again having much more fun than using the glitch.

The number of options to get more fun and credits in a shorter time are endless

Its not fun at all. Some just want that trophy and the 400k and put those to bed. That's why there's also the recommendation to do the mission challenges affected as well.

btw. the Group 1 Ring GPF challenge isnt so affected as badly.

I ran around the GT League Fuji Gr. 1 10 lap race 6 times today in 6 different cars, clean and won, 330k x 6 for ~90 minutes and 6 beers later, 1,980,000.

The Tomahawk is fast! FWD Nissan was sort of tough. Rest were Group C.

I had fun.

I agree with both aspects, and I also agree whole heartedly about “give peace a chance” and no one will change their stance so move on. I for one simply put it like this, when I asked my sister-in-law who is a experienced property litigator for the IRS she said this, “legally, T.O.S. (terms of service) and written rules of compliance are always awarded based on the Judges’ opinion of the “intent” of the written rules and how they serve the ability of fair play. This statement:
would be litigated as the “intent” being ‘Anything gaining an unfair advantage while competing “Online “ and NOT anything in single player or offline mode that is NOT the basis of a “Online” competition.

My opinion is simply this: it’s like everything else in life and completely up to interpretation by the competitor and comes down to how much you are willing to argue what that interpretation of intent is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless if it agrees with someone else’s. We all need to agree to disagree and move on with no ill feelings.
Also as a final personal opinion, although both opinions are allowed, the heating of arguments and name calling is frowned upon and completely discouraged and could lead to warnings or even banning from this awesome site so I would tempered anger and just let it go.

Back