Porsche Endurance Race Glitch???

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Brewguy44, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

Has this happened to anybody else? It was the 3rd race at Circuit de la Sarthe, it was about the 5th or 6th lap after my 1st pit stop that I noticed cars going slow. I just thought they were out of gas, but then I was passing everybody and the blue light was flashing and blue flags were waving. When other cars pitted they were getting no gas, it was staying at zero. :confused: Anybody have an ideas. :idea:

I won the race too. Obviously

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    H1s6n, K1LLD0z3R and Danguil63 like this.
  2. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's happened to literally everyone else since the last update - AI cars no longer take on any fuel at pit stops in any race.

3. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

But they were driving slow too.

Danguil63 likes this.
  4. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's because they're out of fuel, and thus limited to 50mph.

5. OJT6627

OJT6627

You sure about that? I was doing Gr.3 Endurance event in GT League and AI racers fueled up just fine

6. Famine

Famine Administrator

Yup.

There may be exceptions, but it seems that the issue spreads across any event - custom race, GT League, Mission Challenge - where the AI need to pit.

skydragon49 likes this.
  7. OJT6627

OJT6627

Guess i am the lucky one then :lol:

8. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Is the bug only in timed races possibly?

Pedinhuh, KinLM and Islaygaz like this.
  9. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

Knowing the pressure was off I attempted to N400 the la Sarthe race and get the clean race bonus.

It did not work. I'm assuming track limits when I overshot the second chicane a bit. I wish there was an indication of where track limits had been breached.

K1LLD0z3R and Scuderia Paul like this.
  10. Mark IV

Mark IV (Banned)

Its a glitch since the last update. Aı dont refuel when they enter the pit.

11. Gadge

Gadge

It is just in the timed races and not the lap ones.

Brewguy44, Pedinhuh and KinLM like this.
  12. Mark IV

Mark IV (Banned)

Cant you see the kerbs?

Blackdog8 and Clean Racer like this.
  13. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

The real question is, can we harness this glitch and use it to farm credits? You can already get just under 7 million for a 24 hour race. Imagine beating Gr.1's with an N100 car?

Blackdog8 and Clean Racer like this.
  14. eran0004

eran0004

Exploiting glitches is typically something that may get a player banned from a game. Doing it once just to see what happens might be fine, but repeatedly exploiting it could be dangerous.

15. Mark IV

Mark IV (Banned)

I dont think pd did rubber banding on purpose therefore i dont think you get ban from doing this since its pd fault to implement such mistake. Not ours.

16. skydragon49

skydragon49

After the last patch, for me it happened in Endurances races for Gr1. The Nurburgring and La Sarthe. Alway driving the Porsche 919.

I also completed the Fuji event for the Gr3, and things were all normal.

Brewguy44 likes this.
  17. OJT6627

OJT6627

The race i did was a lap race. Now i see why my race wasn't bugged :lol:

skydragon49 and Gadge like this.
  18. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Oh yes, Polyphony will totally ban players for grinding credits in single player

Inferno251 and Mark IV like this.
  19. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

they run out of fuel, I'm wondering did you cut any of the corners I think this happens if you cheat

20. eran0004

eran0004

I don’t get your point. And it’s your responsibility to follow the terms of service.

EBBF7CC3-24E3-4DEF-8755-FC9D1C888BB2.jpeg

Why would they ban someone for grinding credits? We’re talking about exploiting a glitch. Sure, maybe they don’t care about it since it’s only credits, but it’s not uncommon for gamers to be banned for farming resources by exploiting glitches, so you do it on your own risk.

IngRobNy, Thorin Cain and willbegone like this.
  21. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

What I find weird is that they haven’t bothered to fix it yet... sure it’s not really a glitch that breaks the entire game, but it does make all timed events in career mode (and in custom races) useless. It’s frowned upon to use these kind of glitches to gain a advantage, but if pd REALLY cared, they should have fixed it already. Not doing so just shows they either don’t really care, or it’s for some reason a difficult issue to fix...?

willbegone likes this.
  22. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

You hit the nail on the head. Single player mode isnt a priority.

23. willbegone

willbegone

Blackdog8 likes this.
  24. snowgt

snowgt

Well, the same is true for everything you do in the game, you do it at your own risk. Quite frankly though, I do not believe that it can be argued in this case that the player would be doing something against the terms of service.

He would still be driving the race as it was intended, eg in contrast to the exploit were people were reversing into the pit lane. He also would not really gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Rubberbanding would definitely go more in that direction as it’s definitely not intended, but nobody seems to be bothered about that.

Mark IV likes this.
  25. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Correct, what I could observe by going in the pits in these type of events is that the AI can't calculate how much fuel you should refuel, the indicator that recommends how much you should refuel just to complete the race is all the way to right, which would give you a full tank and unnecessary extra time spent on the pits refueling for extra fuel that you won't use. For some reason because of this, the AI won't refuel at all.

So, if you're looking into making money, endurance races on single player are quite inviting right now, drive a N100 while the AI is driving Gr1 cars and just keep going until they all run out of fuel...Obviously I won't do that because I think that's pointless and detracts from the experience this game can offer.

PAPAMOVIL likes this.
  26. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Oh you could just make sure at least two wheels are inside the white lines at all times. Saves the guessing games :sly:

Clean Racer and IngRobNy like this.
  27. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

Considering they can't be bothered to ban cheaters* in the FIA Championships, you absolutely won't see action on people farming credits.

*For the most part

28. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

But there's white lines down the middle of the track! ;)

There's a few areas that I'm not sure about, I'm not intentionally cutting corners, 50% I'm not getting a clean race bonus and I'm not sure why. Even if they just did something to turn the lap time red or something (like in other) modes it would be easier.

As an example;
    Arnage....

upload_2018-10-24_16-54-41.png

The exit here is very different depending on whether the white line or kerb is the track limit.

29. eran0004

eran0004

If you race as you normally would, yes. But if you pick a slower car to benefit from the AI running out of gas you are exploiting a glitch.

30. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

:lol: Fair point :tup:

Agreed, it would be nice to know for sure, red lapping the times is a bit of a no brainer :cool:.