• Thread starter Brewguy44
  • 101 comments

Brewguy44

GT Die Hard
Premium
United States
Michigan
GTP_Brewguy
Has this happened to anybody else? It was the 3rd race at Circuit de la Sarthe, it was about the 5th or 6th lap after my 1st pit stop that I noticed cars going slow. I just thought they were out of gas, but then I was passing everybody and the blue light was flashing and blue flags were waving. When other cars pitted they were getting no gas, it was staying at zero. :confused: Anybody have an ideas. 💡

I won the race too. Obviously

Last edited:
It's happened to literally everyone else since the last update - AI cars no longer take on any fuel at pit stops in any race.

You sure about that? I was doing Gr.3 Endurance event in GT League and AI racers fueled up just fine

Knowing the pressure was off I attempted to N400 the la Sarthe race and get the clean race bonus.

It did not work. I'm assuming track limits when I overshot the second chicane a bit. I wish there was an indication of where track limits had been breached.

The real question is, can we harness this glitch and use it to farm credits? You can already get just under 7 million for a 24 hour race. Imagine beating Gr.1's with an N100 car?

Exploiting glitches is typically something that may get a player banned from a game. Doing it once just to see what happens might be fine, but repeatedly exploiting it could be dangerous.

Exploiting glitches is typically something that may get a player banned from a game. Doing it once just to see what happens might be fine, but repeatedly exploiting it could be dangerous.
I dont think pd did rubber banding on purpose therefore i dont think you get ban from doing this since its pd fault to implement such mistake. Not ours.

After the last patch, for me it happened in Endurances races for Gr1. The Nurburgring and La Sarthe. Alway driving the Porsche 919.

I also completed the Fuji event for the Gr3, and things were all normal.

I dont think pd did rubber banding on purpose therefore i dont think you get ban from doing this since its pd fault to implement such mistake. Not ours.

I don’t get your point. And it’s your responsibility to follow the terms of service.

EBBF7CC3-24E3-4DEF-8755-FC9D1C888BB2.jpeg

Oh yes, Polyphony will totally ban players for grinding credits in single player

Why would they ban someone for grinding credits? We’re talking about exploiting a glitch. Sure, maybe they don’t care about it since it’s only credits, but it’s not uncommon for gamers to be banned for farming resources by exploiting glitches, so you do it on your own risk.

What I find weird is that they haven’t bothered to fix it yet... sure it’s not really a glitch that breaks the entire game, but it does make all timed events in career mode (and in custom races) useless. It’s frowned upon to use these kind of glitches to gain a advantage, but if pd REALLY cared, they should have fixed it already. Not doing so just shows they either don’t really care, or it’s for some reason a difficult issue to fix...?

I don’t get your point. And it’s your responsibility to follow the terms of service.

View attachment 775865

Why would they ban someone for grinding credits? We’re talking about exploiting a glitch. Sure, maybe they don’t care about it since it’s only credits, but it’s not uncommon for gamers to be banned for farming resources by exploiting glitches, so you do it on your own risk.

Well, the same is true for everything you do in the game, you do it at your own risk. Quite frankly though, I do not believe that it can be argued in this case that the player would be doing something against the terms of service.

He would still be driving the race as it was intended, eg in contrast to the exploit were people were reversing into the pit lane. He also would not really gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Rubberbanding would definitely go more in that direction as it’s definitely not intended, but nobody seems to be bothered about that.

Is the bug only in timed races possibly?
Correct, what I could observe by going in the pits in these type of events is that the AI can't calculate how much fuel you should refuel, the indicator that recommends how much you should refuel just to complete the race is all the way to right, which would give you a full tank and unnecessary extra time spent on the pits refueling for extra fuel that you won't use. For some reason because of this, the AI won't refuel at all.

So, if you're looking into making money, endurance races on single player are quite inviting right now, drive a N100 while the AI is driving Gr1 cars and just keep going until they all run out of fuel...Obviously I won't do that because I think that's pointless and detracts from the experience this game can offer.

Knowing the pressure was off I attempted to N400 the la Sarthe race and get the clean race bonus.

It did not work. I'm assuming track limits when I overshot the second chicane a bit. I wish there was an indication of where track limits had been breached.
Oh you could just make sure at least two wheels are inside the white lines at all times. Saves the guessing games :sly:

Considering they can't be bothered to ban cheaters* in the FIA Championships, you absolutely won't see action on people farming credits.

*For the most part

Oh you could just make sure at least two wheels are inside the white lines at all times. Saves the guessing games :sly:

But there's white lines down the middle of the track! ;)

There's a few areas that I'm not sure about, I'm not intentionally cutting corners, 50% I'm not getting a clean race bonus and I'm not sure why. Even if they just did something to turn the lap time red or something (like in other) modes it would be easier.

As an example;
Arnage....

upload_2018-10-24_16-54-41.png

The exit here is very different depending on whether the white line or kerb is the track limit.

Well, the same is true for everything you do in the game, you do it at your own risk. Quite frankly though, I do not believe that it can be argued in this case that the player would be doing something against the terms of service.

He would still be driving the race as it was intended, eg in contrast to the exploit were people were reversing into the pit lane. He also would not really gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Rubberbanding would definitely go more in that direction as it’s definitely not intended, but nobody seems to be bothered about that.

If you race as you normally would, yes. But if you pick a slower car to benefit from the AI running out of gas you are exploiting a glitch.

But there's white lines down the middle of the track! ;)
:lol: Fair point 👍

There's a few areas that I'm not sure about, I'm not intentionally cutting corners, 50% I'm not getting a clean race bonus and I'm not sure why. Even if they just did something to turn the lap time red or something (like in other) modes it would be easier.
Agreed, it would be nice to know for sure, red lapping the times is a bit of a no brainer :cool:.

Latest Posts

Back