Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
What tracks does Project Cars 2 have, that rFactor doesn't?

That is not the point, but a small studio was able to bring a track loved by a large number of virtual pilots and we should value this. Answering your question, the rFactor 2 community is amazing, making and distributing quality mods for free on Steam, this is not exactly legal in some countries, but it's there for our appreciation.

Im in australia I just got the DLC right now.

People who are looking forward to the carrera gt guess what you will be disappointed the sound is literally ripped off from a Hurcan V10 sound.

Why do the Porsches sound so bad in this game?? I mean project cars 2 has excellent car sounds but the porsches sound very terrible.

Edit: porsche 917k is a beast. Drive this beast on lemans with heavy rain with authentic assists on. Literally the car is going to kill you. I have so much respect for these racecar drivers during that era no assists only man with a wheel doing the driving. Especially at a time when motorsport deaths were common.

Last edited:
Im in australia I just got the DLC right now.

People who are looking forward to the carrera gt guess what you will be disappointed the sound is literally ripped off from a Hurcan V10 sound.

Why do the Porsches sound so bad in this game?? I mean project cars 2 has excellent car sounds but the porsches sound very terrible.

Edit: porsche 917k is a beast. Drive this beast on lemans with heavy rain with authentic assists on. Literally the car is going to kill you. I have so much respect for these racecar drivers during that era no assists only man with a wheel doing the driving. Especially at a time when motorsport deaths were common.

That's a shame about the Carrera GT:( still looking forward to this pack:cool:

Its a great pack but im not really a fan of the porsche test track. I would have prefered a race track like enna pergusa or istanbul park.

Oh well its a porsche pack. A dlc dedicated to Porsche must also come with its test track.

Rumours of fiorano to be in the Ferrari dlc. But I have doubts Ferrari would allow other manufacturers to race there. I would rather have a racing circuit than a test track then again no point in complaining.

Do we have more than 1 layout on the new track? Looking forward to this track but I would be disappointed if it doesn't have the other variations open

So what is the full, final car list?

• 1973 Porsche Carrera RSR 2.8
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10
  • 1970 Porsche 917K
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03
  • 1978 Porsche 935/78
  • 1981 Porsche 935/81
  • 2017 Porsche 911 RSR
  • 1988 Porsche 959 S
  • 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
(The model years may be slightly off — haven't been able to check in-game yet)

For reference, the 77 and 80 variations of the 935 are already in-game.

I don't understand why we already have two versions of the 935. The specs are the same but do they have different setups? And to that end what is different about this third one?

I know the 935 is a popular one but it would have been great to have a couple other 911s in place of two of them. I can't help but feel like SMS kind of squandered the newly-liberated license. And about the Carrera GT and one layout for Leipzig -- really? Not to sound ungrateful but couldn't they have tried a little harder?

Oh well. Of course the 919 is missing... 911 cup car could have been a great choice as well. But i need the RSR in my game, so yeah. I will get this DLC.

I don't understand why we already have two versions of the 935. The specs are the same but do they have different setups? And to that end what is different about this third one?

I think it's a case of having to get different models in order to get the liveries. The 935s already in game differ visually from high downforce and low downforce. They feel the same to me. The 935s were getting have very low drag aero kits.

Oh well. Of course the 919 is missing... 911 cup car could have been a great choice as well. But i need the RSR in my game, so yeah. I will get this DLC.

919 is coming in a few months don't worry. And I also wanted this pack mainly for the rsr.

I know the 935 is a popular one but it would have been great to have a couple other 911s in place of two of them. I can't help but feel like SMS kind of squandered the newly-liberated license. And about the Carrera GT and one layout for Leipzig -- really? Not to sound ungrateful but couldn't they have tried a little harder?
To be fair keep in mind that licencing is a two way street, we have no way of knowing if any of these were due to Porsche being specific about what they wanted in.

Just had a quick half hour with the 959 around Leipzieg, the 959 is great however the track does feel like a wasted opportunity.

I'm personally unlikely to use it for racing and its frustrating that for testing is neutered by only having the single layout, particularly as you can see the corkscrew in the middle as you drive around.

cXrKT5e.jpg

I'm personally unlikely to use it for racing and its frustrating that for testing is neutered by only having the single layout, particularly as you can see the corkscrew in the middle as you drive around.
I'm thinking the same thing to be honest. I've driven the 911 RSR and GT1 around there. Good variety of corners for a test track but when you see the Corkscrew and the Karussell, it really makes you want more.

Back