Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
Good track with challenging corners but they've definitely let people down here by not including layouts that could have been easily put in since they said they did a lot of testing on this track. Always wondered why they didn't add in the little varients on other tracks like algarve and sugo aswell

And better FFB ;)

I was surprised not to see different layouts as I’m sure they have made them. Shouldn’t be hard.
Yeah I would have thought that was a no brainer. I mean, they had to model the visuals already, isn't that most of the work done? Why would they trash this easy opportunity for extra content?

Then again they inexplicably left out some of the Mojave layouts from PC1. They must hate skidpads :indiff:

So at least SMS are consistent and guarantee to screw something up with a new patch or release; they forgot to turn on the turbo's for several cars!

Porsche 959, only makes around 340hp and maxes out at 250 km/h, boost gauge stuck on 0.
Porsche 935/78, only makes around 400hp and maxes out at 250 km/h, boost gauge stuck on 0.
Porsche 935/78-81, as above.

Only newly released turbo car with the turbo's installed is the 917/10, makes over 1200hp with 100% boost level and easily hits the 350 km/h it's supposed to.

Tested the existing 935/80, and that is still fine, makes 800hp and hits over 320 km/h.

Tested at both Monza Classic and Leipzig.

Other impressions? Well, I don't mind the new track, better than the Real Racing 3 version haha, but a pity the inner sections aren't accessible.
Appreciating the new invitational events too.
Love driving the 2.8 RSR, probably the surprise of the DLC for me, the 917/10 is a monster, and the Carrera GT is now up there for my favourite cars (except the recycled sounds making it sound like a Lambo).

Worthy DLC, just need a hotfix for the 3 cars mentioned at the start so I can compete with them.

I don't understand why we still have 2 Porsche 935 in group 5. That makes 4, it becomes Polyphony there ....
Regarding the circuit, it's disappointing not to have more layout, especially that they look more interesting.

Disappointed by the DLC, too few modern cars and the circuit is average.

I feel the circuit, despite the closed layouts, is different to others in the game. The lap goes by quick, but it feels like a "proper" circuit. We don't have many circuits where chicanes come after a long radius turn. I think Oschershleben may be one. Almost feels like a (V8)Supercars circuit.

I thought the 2.8 would have the pendulum effect with the controller. Not so, it's so controllable. The new track complements it. Hard braking, 4 wheel drifting, braking while turning, quick changespower oversteer. It has lovely grip at the rear. Especially during standing starts!

Maybe it's not such a missed opportunity. Maybe this frees up space & time for more circuits. We'll see.

So far I've only tried the classic content (as that is what I am most interested in racing). I expected to like the 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 the most, but at the moment it is my least favourite. It starts well (as expected for a rear engine car), but I can't get any speed out of it (wheel user). It doesn't seem competitive with the Ferrari Daytona - at least not in my hands, but it may be fine with a better driver. A lot more testing will be required because I am hoping to host a series for those two cars.

The Porsche 908 raced at the Targa Florio so I picked the nearest track in character in the game - Bannochbrae. This car is absolutely brilliant at this track - fantastic - thoroughly recommended! SMS have put this car in Prototype B, which is fine for now, but hopefully they add some more 3 litre prototypes and separate them out as it feels very strange sharing a track with a Lotus 40 - a bit of an immersion killer and the small number of liveries makes the car a poor pick for one make racing - surely Porsche could have been persuaded to allow some fictional liveries?

I would really like Classic Sebring so I could pretend to be Steve McQueen when he raced the 908 which he did complete with a dodgy foot - he was so keen that an injury which would have stopped anyone else didn't stop Steve!

I picked Brands Hatch for the 917K, but I chickened out of making it wet and trying for a Rodriguez moment. Really enjoyable car - fantastic and brilliant liveries. I will get a lot of use out of this car. SMS have put it in a class on its own - Prototype A, hopefully this means that other cars are coming to the class such as a Ferrari 512M and / S. IF this class is properly filled I think it will become my favourite in the game.

I tried the 917/10 Can Am car before the 917K which perhaps made that easier to drive! First try was at Laguna Seca - very challenging - the speed and acceleration are so good that I will need to relearn the circuit (and all circuits!) just for this car, however it is great fun with a good sound so well worthwhile. Next I tried Watkins Glen which really suited the car well and finished off with Silverstone Classic - you can really open the car up on this track and exploit the fantastic power and grip.

The 935/78-81 - I am sure there is something wrong with this car! Another poster said that the turbo wasn't working - it certainly feels that way and I found it impossible to keep up with the other AI cars in Group 5 - as if it has no power - hopefully SMS can fix this quickly.

I tried the Leipzig test track and really liked the bus stop style chicane in the middle of the big corner - I think this track will be well suited to the Formula Rookie and Lotus 25 and possibly to the slower saloon cars, so I will try those on it next and as another poster suggested maybe Ford Falcon V8 Supercar.

I feel like the 908, 917K and 917/10 will easily provide me with good value from this pack and I hope the next two packs contain some equally enjoyable cars.

I'm thinking the same thing to be honest. I've driven the 911 RSR and GT1 around there. Good variety of corners for a test track but when you see the Corkscrew and the Karussell, it really makes you want more.

Fully agree, even Real Racing 3 has 3 layouts of Leipzig.

So far I've only tried the classic content (as that is what I am most interested in racing). I expected to like the 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 the most, but at the moment it is my least favourite. It starts well (as expected for a rear engine car), but I can't get any speed out of it (wheel user). It doesn't seem competitive with the Ferrari Daytona - at least not in my hands, but it may be fine with a better driver. A lot more testing will be required because I am hoping to host a series for those two cars.

The Porsche 908 raced at the Targa Florio so I picked the nearest track in character in the game - Bannochbrae. This car is absolutely brilliant at this track - fantastic - thoroughly recommended! SMS have put this car in Prototype B, which is fine for now, but hopefully they add some more 3 litre prototypes and separate them out as it feels very strange sharing a track with a Lotus 40 - a bit of an immersion killer and the small number of liveries makes the car a poor pick for one make racing - surely Porsche could have been persuaded to allow some fictional liveries?

I would really like Classic Sebring so I could pretend to be Steve McQueen when he raced the 908 which he did complete with a dodgy foot - he was so keen that an injury which would have stopped anyone else didn't stop Steve!

I picked Brands Hatch for the 917K, but I chickened out of making it wet and trying for a Rodriguez moment. Really enjoyable car - fantastic and brilliant liveries. I will get a lot of use out of this car. SMS have put it in a class on its own - Prototype A, hopefully this means that other cars are coming to the class such as a Ferrari 512M and / S. IF this class is properly filled I think it will become my favourite in the game.

I tried the 917/10 Can Am car before the 917K which perhaps made that easier to drive! First try was at Laguna Seca - very challenging - the speed and acceleration are so good that I will need to relearn the circuit (and all circuits!) just for this car, however it is great fun with a good sound so well worthwhile. Next I tried Watkins Glen which really suited the car well and finished off with Silverstone Classic - you can really open the car up on this track and exploit the fantastic power and grip.

The 935/78-81 - I am sure there is something wrong with this car! Another poster said that the turbo wasn't working - it certainly feels that way and I found it impossible to keep up with the other AI cars in Group 5 - as if it has no power - hopefully SMS can fix this quickly.

I tried the Leipzig test track and really liked the bus stop style chicane in the middle of the big corner - I think this track will be well suited to the Formula Rookie and Lotus 25 and possibly to the slower saloon cars, so I will try those on it next and as another poster suggested maybe Ford Falcon V8 Supercar.

I feel like the 908, 917K and 917/10 will easily provide me with good value from this pack and I hope the next two packs contain some equally enjoyable cars.
I knew the 2.8 wouldn't be as quick as the Ferrari. It's rival is the 240ZG(they both have similar power). I did actually run down the AMG on the straight at Spa. And I wasn't flat throttle at Eau Rouge either.

As you mentioned, maybe someone with more skill than me, may be able to contend with the faster cars.

Sounds of the 2017 rsr are indeed wrong. Will be patched:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...sche-Legends&p=1485882&viewfull=1#post1485882
Andy Garton : "I shouldn't rise to it - but it's not a question of a lack of effort, we just messed it up. I know that's no consolation, but knowing how hard the team works, I do find it hard not to refute laziness claims.

(We have improved it significantly since, but I know that's not much consolation either - it will be better in the next patch though.)"

The snow came a week to early here in the UK >.<

Either way will download the pack when I get home, however I can't touch any till they get randomly drawn out in my drive every Car on Every track series.

I only just drew out my first Fun Pack car last night :P (The Audi S1 ek)

Either way 9 more Porsches to go with the 4 that have not yet been drawn out :)

The 917K is fun. The CamAm version is mental.

Pity about the track layouts. I was looking forward to trying the corkscrew and that long banked corner. I tried heading off track to find them but all the ways in to those sections are walled off, yet you can see these sections while rounding the rest of the single layout. :( Maybe you could get there with one of those standard public lobby shunts?

Seems strange to seemingly model the entire venue from what I can see, then not just open them up to different layouts.

Porsche 959, only makes around 340hp and maxes out at 250 km/h, boost gauge stuck on 0.

This car does indeed feel way too slow in the game.

Porsche 935/78, only makes around 400hp and maxes out at 250 km/h, boost gauge stuck on 0.

I didn't seem to have a problem with this car on PS4. Boost gauge worked and it definitely went well above 250 km/h quite easily. I didn't have enough room to check for top speed though.

I was disappointed in the RSR 2017 sound and only 3 liveries ... too less for me ...

There are only two. And yes, the sound is off. The 935 is missing its turbo power and Leipzig is pretty lame. Not a great pack but there is some fun to be had.

Do we really need 2 more 935's? No 919, no RS Spyder, no 97 911 gt1 evo, no 911 R, no 997 GT2 RS, but I'm loving the Carrera Gt, and the RSR.

Not sure how you manage to be that unaware of what you're doing/planning, but kudos for owning up to it and (presumably) making it right.

Also, when you're making a pack of 9 cars and 1 track, how do you not check that the sounds are right or turbos turned on? Oh well, at least they (appear) to be fixing it.

I doubt the track will do anything for me (maybe for roleplay as a factory test driver?), but the Carrera RSR 2.8 has my mouth watering! The 2017 RSR (once sounds are corrected) is just icing on the cake!

I haven’t been able to get on yet but the RSR (probably one of the most anticipated cars in the game) does sound really dissapointing. From what I’ve read the noise doesn’t sound the greatest, and only 3 liveries, which means that the ai will never drive them.

Back