Porsche the big colaboration with PD... what's next??

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 294 comments
That's an interesting point you raise there.
I'm just very confused about what your point is there, you say that because the cars are different it doesn't mean they should be in the game, then raise an example of cars with completely different drivetrains and engines and even size and weight classes for whatever reason because apparently PD could interchange them somehow.
To be honest it's an irrelevant point, as neither the 993 nor 964 is in the game. My approach would be to have an even spread from different eras given Porsches rich sports car history rather than have all but one Porsche from the last 20 years.
I don't see how just the three latest 911 generations is so problematic when they're already popular cars and the community is constantly clamoring for new modern cars, just because the 997 and the 991 look about as similar as 911s do that means one of them doesn't belong like they're fighting for the sheriff position in Gran Turismo town like they're midnight purple GT-Rs.

I agree that more classic porsche models would be nice but bear in mind that Porsche just showed up in Gran Turismo for the first time ever officially and hasn't had nearly as much time to get models in like ferrari has for example since GT5, they just added possibly the hottest variant of the 356 after 2 modern models a few months ago so it bodes well for PD's commitment for the brand in the long run.

I'm just very confused about what your point is there, you say that because the cars are different it doesn't mean they should be in the game, then raise an example of cars with completely different drivetrains and engines and even size and weight classes for whatever reason because apparently PD could interchange them somehow.
I don't see how just the three latest 911 generations is so problematic when they're already popular cars and the community is constantly clamoring for new modern cars, just because the 997 and the 991 look about as similar as 911s do that means one of them doesn't belong like they're fighting for the sheriff position in Gran Turismo town like they're midnight purple GT-Rs.

I'm saying real life vehicle performance isn't in itself a great justification for a car like the 997 to be included in the game. Its weight/power isn't particularly unique, and GT isn't a simulator, there's a fudge factor in modelling handling characteristics for each car and the physics model changes every month anyway. So long as GT models performance in the ballpark of what the tangible vehicle stats suggest you'd never know any better.

I agree that more classic porsche models would be nice but bear in mind that Porsche just showed up in Gran Turismo for the first time ever officially and hasn't had nearly as much time to get models in like ferrari has for example since GT5, they just added possibly the hottest variant of the 356 after 2 modern models a few months ago so it bodes well for PD's commitment for the brand in the long run.

Personally I find an output of one Porsche in two years not that promising for the future of Porsches in GT. I would have to see much more, and to be honest that is why I bang on about scapes so much, because I think PDs money is better spent on modelling cars and tracks.

Last edited:
Personally I find an output of one Porsche in two years not that promising for the future of Porsches in GT. I would have to see much more, and to be honest that is why I bang on about scapes so much, because I think PDs money is better spent on modelling cars and tracks.
Its a new brand to the franchise for this game and already there are 7 cars available, all pretty much completely different from eachother and if the pattern keeps going it'll be more than that sooner rather than later. They've been adding cars from all sorts of brands too so I don't see why they should drop everything and just add a bunch of porsches to fill some sort of quota, I anticipate new porsche models but I don't feel we should be unreasonable about it since making cars from scratch for this game takes time. As for the scapes thing I don't see how it affects the content output of the game too much, previous PD games had also been percieved to be short on high quality content and they didn't have a boogeyman like scapes to blame whatever it is that PD is too slow about this time.

3 cars from the same brand so close to eachother is pretty exceptional for a brand that is only for the first time available and has never had cars in GT5 or GT6 to pull from.

I think I feel like there's only one game that every did them justice and it came from EA (I know that's almost impossible to believe in 2018).

Not even Forza did the Porsche brand well given they had massive holes in their catalog and this is over multiple Forza's going back to 2011.
Uhh, no... You can't deny the fact that Forza has been giving the Porsche brand justice lately, especially after Porsche got themselves free from EA's cage. From classics roadsters to modern 911s, both T10 AND PG have added a BUNCH of new-to-franchise vehicles from Porsche.

I will say PD hasn't done the brand very well as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Since Gr1 is already a mess of racecars of different eras racing together...I wouldn't object to having this bad boy on Gr1:

1024px-Porsche_911_GT1_%2798_-25.jpg

BTW the 356 is ****ing sweet to drive, great job PD!

I'm kinda on the fence about PD giving us more Porsches.

On the one hand, there are more than a dozen Porsches, all very different from one another, that are almost essential to a racing game. On the other hand, there are many cars from other brands that are just as essential to a racing game.

I'd be ecstatic for the Carrera GT and 911 GT1 Strassenversion, but for every other Porsche there's another car I'd rather see.

that being said... we also get everything for free on GTS. PC2 you have to purchase all these "great" car packs.

I had no problem purchasing these other car packs with PC2. Its the closest I'll get to driving some of these amazing cars and getting a visual immersive experience albeit digital was enough for me to buy the season pass. If I had raceroom or iracing and a PC I'm sure I would have bought those as well. This is my pokemon ;)

Looking at Le Mans laptimes, this 1998 version should sit somewhere between today's LMP2 and GTLM. It could go to Gr. 3 in heavily nerfed form or to Gr. 2 with a big power boost. It is a lot faster than the F1 for sure (which is kinda ok in Gr. 3).

Yes, we need more classes in GTS, desperately...
Curious as to how fast they would go now given the 20 years of tyre improvements.

Project Cars 2 came with a great car list and numerous classes while releasing awesome paid dlc which included the Ferrari 512 S, 512M and the Porsche 917K. I wish they released more dlc.

While with Gt sport we are still begging for more content to come.

Project Cars 2 came with a great car list and numerous classes while releasing awesome paid dlc which included the Ferrari 512 S, 512M and the Porsche 917K. I wish they released more dlc.

While with Gt sport we are still begging for more content to come.

Yeah I want more 90's GT cars... And why give us snow tyres when there is no snow other than in scapes? Safari Porsche in the snow and perhaps 964 and 993 RSR Porsches would be excellent additions.

Yeah I want more 90's GT cars... And why give us snow tyres when there is no snow other than in scapes? Safari Porsche in the snow and perhaps 964 and 993 RSR Porsches would be excellent additions.
Definetly want those 90's RSR's in the game...
They fit absolutely in same clubsport concept with thosenewer 911 gt3's wich are the most "gran turismo cars" in the game imo...

I really hope PD adds 964 into the game at some point

That 911 model is somewhat neglected by game developers and is seen quite rarely. And just as it happens, it is my favourite 911 looks-wise :lol:

Back