Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
RUF, Porsche, are they really THAT different in real life?...

Yes RUF cars are really modified and makes the Porsche vehicles go even faster and handle even better... and STOP on a dime.

just take a look at this
ruf2g.jpg

So yes, It is so much different.

i really hope they put in the zonda f and zonda f roadster.. including more colors than just silver

mark my words, i will be masturbating to replays if this happens

i really hope they put in the zonda f and zonda f roadster.. including more colors than just silver

mark my words, i will be masturbating to replays if this happens

2002_Pagani_Zonda_C12_2.jpg

:drool:

I've never understood why the GT games didn't have Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc., considering it is one of (if not the most) popular car games out there, and every other game has the rights to use those cars.

2002_Pagani_Zonda_C12_2.jpg

:drool:

I've never understood why the GT games didn't have Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc., considering it is one of (if not the most) popular car games out there, and every other game has the rights to use those cars.

seriously.. i hate having to consider other games just because they have way better car selections

Stop arguing with RUF's, Rufs dont have the really legendary cars like the 917, 956, 962 or the 996LM. Ruf just simply cannot replace Porsche in any way, especially the racing cars. Fact.

AMG cannot replace Mercedes too, right?

Stop arguing with RUF's, Rufs dont have the really legendary cars like the 917, 956, 962 or the 996LM. Ruf just simply cannot replace Porsche in any way, especially the racing cars. Fact.
Which were what? All during the era that Ruf was still young, or didn't exist?

Ruf has it's own brand of legendary cars. The CTR Yellowbird has become famous as one of Nurburgring's most insane production cars to drive on it. It was the fastest 'production' car of its time in 1987 at 211Mph. They weren't recognized as a manufacturer though. Ruf has also been successful with the Rt 12, RGT, and the new CTR3 has been praised as being a car that is funner to drive than any Porsche road car, right next to the Carrera GT.
Except RUF is not Porsche's in-house tuner, and RUF is its own independent manufacturer unlike AMG.

RUF is undoubtly a great car brand, but its redicolous to say that any car can replace a 956 or a 962 both one of the most successful racing cars that ever existed which won LeMans several times and also lapped the Nordschleife faster than any car that ever touched the holy Nürburgring.

Porsche with its racing cars would be a crucial factor for a game having the La Sarthe in its circuit selection and fans are crying for Porsche since the beginning of GT.

Except RUF is not Porsche's in-house tuner, and RUF is its own independent manufacturer unlike AMG.
I was comparing their products, not the brand itself. Would you be satisfied with only AMG models instead of Mercedes cars? I think you wouldnt.

RUF is undoubtly a great car brand, but its redicolous to say that any car can replace a 956 or a 962 both one of the most successful racing cars that ever existed which won LeMans several times and also lapped the Nordschleife faster than any car that ever touched the holy Nürburgring.

Porsche with its racing cars would be a crucial factor for a game having the La Sarthe in its circuit selection and fans are crying for Porsche since the beginning of GT.
That's true, fine, and dandy. But it is not fact that a Ruf can't replace a Porsche. I'd undeniably would rather have the CTR3 more so than any of the road going Porsches, excluding the Carrera GT.
I was comparing their products, not the brand itself. Would you be satisfied with only AMG models instead of Mercedes cars? I think you wouldnt.
I would. Mercedes are fine, but ever since AMG started touching every model Mercedes had, I would be just fine having every car's top of line model instead of the base or luxury versions.

The reason it's so hard for PD to get licenses for higher end cars isn't the money, it's the way the car is portrayed in-game.

If the car gets into the game, and gets owned by the competition, what's that to for your vaunted "advertising" argument? nothing. The real run-around is every company wants their car to be out front, the pinnacle, what everyone wants to drive. I don't see Porsche in GT5, but will be pleasantly surprised if they get in.

It's not what the people want, it's politics, and it's about the public image.

The reason it's so hard for PD to get licenses for higher end cars isn't the money, it's the way the car is portrayed in-game.

If the car gets into the game, and gets owned by the competition, what's that to for your vaunted "advertising" argument? nothing. The real run-around is every company wants their car to be out front, the pinnacle, what everyone wants to drive. I don't see Porsche in GT5, but will be pleasantly surprised if they get in.

It's not what the people want, it's politics, and it's about the public image.

Good point

And I'm not sure I understand this whole licensing deal.. if Electronic Arts holds exclusive rights to Porsche vehicles, how come Porsches come up in other non-EA games as well?

I would seriously pay $200 for GT5 if it had ~10 Lamborghinis and ~20 Porsches

Can't we just have both manufacturers in the game? Sheesh. It's not like Porsche would get upset if their road cars got beat in a game, by a company that tunes them, for crying out loud.

I think the reason why games like the 24 Hours of Le Mans games got Porsches at the same time as Need For Speed, is because they were able to get licenses for individual cars other than the ones in NFS. So PD could grab the license for the Porsche race cars if they wanted too, assuming their current license holders aren't using them anymore, but it would be a disaster because most people only care about Porsches road cars. People in NA would get confused and ask "where the hell are the 911s?" And we have RUF for that...

PD got stuck in a cul-de-sac with Porsche/RUF, and it's all because of their decision to drop RUF in GT2 instead of pursuing Porsche from the get-go.

That's my point as well. I got lynched in the GT4 when I mentioned that exclusive exotics were in the game (no such thing as an everyday exotic, right?). But no, I get slammed just because I'm not lobbying for more exotics in GT games.

I personally think GT's deal with Top Gear only improves GT much further as far as quality automobiles and fun racing. I'm more on the wagon of "the sky is the limit for GT." This only improves GT. With some positive input, more sporty cars will find their way into GT5... including Porsche. I think optimistically on all of this.

On the mindset of promoting one's cars in a game series like GT, some of them probably they'll (some gamers) take the cars apart like it's Burnout (the video game benchmark for more crashes than racing). That's all most people are like: play the worst rock music to cross my ears, only show cars getting crashed and beaten up, and have a bunch of YouTube loudmouth bastards curse each other out 'til kingdom come. That's part of the reason why I'm glad GT hasn't had crashes and crash damage. It's because most gamers are savages in racing games. I can't guarantee that even I don't have any sort of temper in racing games, but I know I'd be one pissed off black guy if someone came up into my face driving like a bloody bat out of Hell. If image is so important, then people may have to stop marketing crashes and just focus on racing. The racing itself admittedly needs more work for most people (including myself sometimes). So I don't know... are some people marketing PD like a game to willingly crash cars, or is it that the actual racing value of GT is diminished by some people?

I'm still optomistic about Porsche. I even fancy a Porsche vs. Ruf racing series in GT. For all I care, they may even bring in Gemballa. The more, the merrier, player.

That's true, fine, and dandy. But it is not fact that a Ruf can't replace a Porsche. I'd undeniably would rather have the CTR3 more so than any of the road going Porsches, excluding the Carrera GT.

Your opinion.

No brand can replace another brand, thats why there are so many different brands in Gran Turismo and heck, in the world too.

You could also replace everything with anything then. I mean Audis have engines, and Lotus have engines too. Lets replace them because since they have engines they can be replaced with any other car with a engine right?

Your opinion.
I know. But what you said is also your opinion, not fact as you so called it.

No brand can replace another brand, thats why there are so many different brands in Gran Turismo and heck, in the world too.
Again, true, but that is not how you presented your previous statement. You presented as if Ruf simply can not replace Porsche because Porsche's racing history. Your previous post came out as if Ruf is simply not as good as Porsche which again, is opinion, not fact.
You could also replace everything with anything then. I mean Audis have engines, and Lotus have engines too. Lets replace them because since they have engines they can be replaced with any other car with a engine right?
I didn't say any of this.

McLaren do you know what a troll is? Or are you well aware and just arguing for the sake of arguing. If someone is contradicting themselves it is a pretty good sign that a troll is lurking in the thread.

Um, I have seen Michael88 make plenty of posts for about a year now. He's not what I call a troll at all....

hey guys, stop arguing ;)

what top 5 porsche cars would you love to see?

these would do it for me: 959, 73 2.7rs, 550, 997s/turbo, carrera gt

honorable mention: 997gt2/gt3/rs, 987 cayman s/boxster s, 993 turbo, 964 turbo, 356 speedster

-> Are you guys leaving 9ff out?

9ffGT9_1.jpg

^ The 9ff GT9, yup thats the car.

-> Sure Gemballa, Ruf and SpeedART are worth considering, but these cars were one of the fastest cars 'round the Nardo track.

-> But on a personal note, I would love to see my childhood dream car the 959 on GT5, but looks like I have to wait and see. ;)

Five porsches? Tough one!
917, Dauer 962, 911 GT1 Evo -98, Carrera GT, 997 GT3 RSR!
I´m more of a racecar-guy...

hey guys, stop arguing ;)

what top 5 porsche cars would you love to see?

these would do it for me: 959, 73 2.7rs, 550, 997s/turbo, carrera gt

honorable mention: 987 cayman s/boxster s, 993 turbo, 964 turbo, 356 speedster
I want the Carerra GT, RS Spyder, 962, 911 GT1, and, 911 gt3.

If GT5 got porsche, I wonder how many 911s would there be?

Dear Mr. ---------,

we thank you for your attention.
For the moment we are not feauturing in Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation

Best regards.

Catia Pramazzoni
Pagani Automobili s.p.a.
Press
0039 059 952811

Avvertenze ai sensi del D.Lgs. n. 196/2003

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
nel/i
file/s allegato/i, sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate.
Il loro utilizzo è consentito unicamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per
le finalità indicate .
Qualora riceveste questo messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di darcene
notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla sua distruzione, cancellandolo
dal vs
sistema.
Costituisce violazione alle disposizioni del D.Lgs. n. 196/2003 "Codice
in
materia di protezione dei dati personali" qualsiasi utilizzo e/o
conservazione dei dati ricevuti per errore

This message contains confidential informations, should You receive
this
message by mistake, please notify us by fax or by e-mail, confirming
the
message has been destroyed. Thanks for Your cooperation

----- Original Message -----
To: <info@paganiautomobili.it>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 7:26 PM
Subject: Invio informazioni

{No Zonda's} ;(

As for Porsches...my top picks would be
Race Cars:
906, 935, 956, RS Spyder, 997 GT3 RSR
Road cars:
356, 914, Boxter, 911 (964, 993, 997 GT3 versions), Carrera GT.

I think this would give the best balance of history and fun. Yes, I'm biased in wanting the LMS cars, but the GroupC 956 would be a great addition as well.

Dear Mr. ---------,

Best regards.

Catia Pramazzoni
Pagani Automobili s.p.a.
Press
0039 059 952811

nel/i
per
le finalità indicate .
dal vs
sistema.
in

this
the

{No Zonda's} ;(

What youre not realizing is that there is a big possibility that they're LEGALLY not allowed to disclose this information until Polyphony Digital makes the news ("Zondas ARE in the game" or "Zondas are NOT in the game") public.

I believe it will be in the game :)

Dear Mr. ---------,

Best regards.

Catia Pramazzoni
Pagani Automobili s.p.a.
Press
0039 059 952811

nel/i
per
le finalità indicate .
dal vs
sistema.
in

this
the

{No Zonda's} ;(
If they were in GT3 and GT4, why wouldn't they be in GT5? :confused: And that message is almost 2 years old FFS. :rolleyes:

I think Microsoft ( Forza ) has the Porsche rights right now.

Yes they do but regretfully, there pretty useless without modifications when competing online.

I myself would just love to have a simple 911 Carrera Coupe. Or if PD wants to get deep into the heritage I would love to see a 65' 912 Coupe. Or for the vintage rally class the 911 RS Coupe Safari would be sick.
RSRally.jpg

I don't think if the game has Porsche in it, matters at all.
I don't think it will make any huge difference, for ANY of you guys.

Come on, you can be glad with anything, just as long as you don't expect it.
So to me the question isn't if I THINK porsche will be in the game.
I just won't be expecting porsche in GT5. Along with a couple of other features I just don't want to find out about yet. So I'll be very pleasantly suprised when I get the game, I hope ;)

It's tough to pick five cars from ANY historic marque. "Fanboys" just want 20 cars from a storied marque, mostly recent cars. True car fans can pick from a varied assortment of past and present cars. This would be my short list. Remember, this is VERY tough for me to pick five. I will only go on specific models to express a broader view of Porsche models.

* The first one is absoutely easy. I'd include the Porsche 917, one of the most successful sportscars of all time no matter what Audi thinks. The 917 is truly bad ass.

* The Porsche 962C is another classic racing car that still looks beautiful today. If I had to choose one on popularity, I'd go with either the Rothman's (needs to be edited since it's an alcohol or tobacco sponsor. A Porsche 962 won Le Mans the year I was born (1983) with Derek Bell being one of the winning drivers.

* Third would be the Porsche 550 Spyder. Most know the Porsche 550 for the tragic death of James Dean way back when. Still, the Porsche 550 (go here for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_550_Spyder ) is absolutely beautiful and classic. The Porsche 550 is a beautiful princess appointed with beauty and grace. It is a German goddess that sings a sweet song at speed and looks beautiful while at speed. It's an absolutely classic car.

These next two picks are going to be tougher for me. So bear with me.

* One of the race cars I've loved in getting into racing around 1998 was the Le Mans-winning Porsche 911 GT1. I even have a Zakspeed 911 GT1 (dark green car with yellow side mirrors, and alternating bands of red and white across the engine cover) as a model car on my bookshelf. There were two generations of the 911 GT1 that I know of. The one I'm most familiar with was the Rohr Porsche 911 GT1 in "Sports Car GT" covered in yellow with multi-colored accents. The Zakspeed Porsche 911 GT1 model car I have is the generational model in which the outright-winning Le Mans from 1998. What makes this choice tough for me is that I know I said generational models, which would even include the lower-level Porsche 911 race cars.

I don't fully know the Porsche 959 to call it one of the can't miss cars, though I do respect it. So my final pick:

* The Porsche 911 GT* RSR lineup. Why these? The Porsche 911 RSR machines have been some of the most reliable and inexpensive race cars in any level of GT and sportscar racing. I always say that Porsche 911 RSR's in sportscar racing are like Honda Civics on the road- dime a dozen. An emphasis on tuning up cars and changing their looks will be important for people to design their own Porsche 911 RSR race car. I can already imagine some sort of Porsche Cup if Porsche is included and if this is included as well.

I know the limit is five, but let me include this one as a sixth: the Porsche Carerra GT. I'd probably rate this as one of the loveliest high-end sports cars to never have been competiting in sportscar racing. I would have absolutely loved seeing this Stuggart siren in racing trim. Maybe even competiting against the Corvettes and 550 Maranellos. You at least get to race this in both Forza Motorsport games.

It was a tough choice for me overall. I at least listed my five can't-miss Porsches.

I almost never use any not Japanese cars in GT, i'm a very big JDM fan. But there are a few porsche's that i would like to see in GT5 like the 928GTS and 993 GT2 (EVO).

ps005%20pic%202.jpg

i rather have this than a F40 but i don't think that GT5 will have porsche's, it would be known by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back