Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost never use any not Japanese cars in GT, i'm a very big JDM fan. But there are a few porsche's that i would like to see in GT5 like the 928GTS and 993 GT2 (EVO).

ps005%20pic%202.jpg

i rather have this than a F40 but i don't think that GT5 will have porsche's, it would be known by now.

If they do decide im hoping they add at least 1 or 2 vintage racers to the Porshe line-up. Having a Rally/Safari Porsche would be sick because it would be the first to appear in a game (that I know of). Plus I know alot of people who have no idea that Porsche was involved in rally.

PD should at least include the most important racing versions of Porsche, since GT is a racing game:

The Porsche 956:
rothmans_956_porsche.jpg

The Porsche 917:
cover.JPG

The Porsche 917/30 CanAm
porsche-917-30.jpg

Porsche 935/78 ''Moby Dick''
Silverstone-1982-690.jpg

These cars are the reason why RUF can never replace Porsches.

All of them wrote motor racing history and are important parts of racing.

Very true and well stated Micael. You cant really compare RUF to Porshe thats like me comparing Roush to Ford. Also the 956 is in GT4 so im expecting to see more in GT5.

really its impossible to say if we will or wont see it. I would definitely say that PD does have something interesting lined up manufacturer wise. Ferrari is a big card to play in the GT series and for them to release that from now means they clearly have more up their sleeves.

Porsches would be great to see. I'm hoping for a road version of the mclaren f1 since they had the gtr and slr in gt4 they clearly have mclaren signed up.

-> My five Porsches? No race cars needed.

127336982_76229f71a0_o.jpg

silv959.jpg

^ Sorry, that was my lucky 7, duh! :dunce:

-> Nuff said. ;)

Nuff teasing me man:scared:. Im overwhelmed to see other Porsche enthusiast here. I thought everyone would just be gaga:drool: over the new Ferraris...

Except Polyphony did, at one time, have Lamborghini and Porsche. However, they put the cars in before either company actually...agreed.

I think this is the only reason have problems with licensing both Lambo and Porche, I never knew this or know if it is true, but I heard somewhere that PD have offended both these manufacturers at some time, and this is why they can't get licensing seem plauseble.

EA had exclusive rights for Porsche for a while, but if my recolection is correct this was a 5 year license cantract or something like that. I don't think Porsche is going to make that mistake again, so I don't belive that T10 (Forza) has the exclusive rights, just the rights to use porsche.

One reason the GT reason has seemed to favor Japanese brands isn't just that they are a Japanese company, but because Japanese manufacturers realized early on the advantage of having their cars represented in a game like this and have been happy with giving away their tech. info needed by PD, and ofcourse giving/selling licenses. With Euro and American manufacturers PD have had a lot more problems with convinsing, but they are comming around. After GT3 and when GT4 was announsed many manufacturers came nocking on PD's door wanting to be represented in the series, so I think this is a trend witch have been more and more balansing out with each game of the series, althoug I agree it's far from perfect. Source for this was an intervjue given by the head of PD (can never remember his name, although I read it 10 times today) before the release of GT4.

Well, back to the topic. I know PD tried for licenses for both Lambo and Porsche for GT4 but it failed. I don't think adressing our desire to have those cars to PD is gonna help much, it's those manufacturers who need be convinsed.

This became a much longer thing originaly planned and I do apologize for that.

^ I've always use the term JDM, much more convienient. :)

BT-> I would like to see on how feriocious the 997 GT2 is compared to the Carrera GT around the Autumn Ring on a time attack. :sly:

I don't know if anybody has seen the tv advert for the Porsche Cayenne GTS and when the scene switches to the Porsche Spyder ALMS LMP2 car, if you notice on the helmet of I believe Collard, there's "Playstation" spelled PLAIN AS DAY on his helmet.

If THAT isn't a HINT and I don't know what is and they sneaked it in there, you have to really look, its there for less than 2-3 seconds. I would do a cap, but I have Vista Media Center and playing back DVR-MS files in anything but Video Redo causes a bunch of errors, so until I get that program, you'll just have to find that ad during this week's F1 race and the ALMS race on ABC next weekend from St Pete.

Search and you will find your answer...... :rolleyes:

(and the helmet clearly says "Playstation")

But still, I'm still interested if Porsche or Lambo will make it into GT5..... :D

The reason it's so hard for PD to get licenses for higher end cars isn't the money, it's the way the car is portrayed in-game.

If the car gets into the game, and gets owned by the competition, what's that to for your vaunted "advertising" argument? nothing. The real run-around is every company wants their car to be out front, the pinnacle, what everyone wants to drive. I don't see Porsche in GT5, but will be pleasantly surprised if they get in.

It's not what the people want, it's politics, and it's about the public image.

Maybe. But, what about Forza? If Forza and Gran Turismo are somewhat identical in terms of physics and whatnot, how did they get Porsche and Lamborghini?

Search and you will find your answer...... :rolleyes:

(and the helmet clearly says "Playstation")

But still, I'm still interested if Porsche or Lambo will make it into GT5..... :D

^ I truly hope that all Posches that were included on that TV ad will be in GT5. Especially that scene with the 997 GT2 with all those 'old time' greats, that gave me goosebumps! :drool:

My understanding reading up to page 3 is that most of the people on here lack necessary car knowledge to be talking about RUF and Porsche.

For starters, Is Porsche a brand that belongs in a game like Gran Turismo?

Most definitely!

No car company....not even Ferrari has a sports car racing history filled with such achievement. Porsche's cars have won more racing events than any other auto manufacturer in the world. For me to lists some of their achievements is pointless. The Porsche 911 is the greatest sports cars ever made and i'm not gonna debate that with anyone. No other car has changed as little as the 911 since 1964 and still wins in todays GT racing. It is a car by which all others are judged, ask Nissan and the GTR if you think i'm wrong.

The 917 was the car that beat the GT40, the 917/30 proved that turbos were way faster than a big V8. 956 proved that even at 245+ mph....Good gas mileage was possible.

550, 718, 911, 904, 908, 917, 935, 936, 956, 962

Those are a little rundown of utter domination.

To the rest of you talking about RUF.

Can you compare RUF to Porsche?

Hell No!

RUF is now considered a manufacturer in it's own right but the chassis still come form Porsche to be modified. RUF started out as a tuner and that is most of the business. Making cars stems out as almost a side project that began in the late 80's with the Yellow Bird.

Should we have both in GT? Why Not?

If you have Nissan? Why Not HKS? MINE'S? AMUZE? OPERA? or anybody else.

But GT has to have Porsche, Kaz owns a 911 GT3 himself and excluding Porsche will never let Gran Turismo complete itself as the great game it is.

I do hope this is one of those secrets along with Lamborghini, Marcos, Radical, Maserati, Mclaren, Koeninsegg, KTM, Invicta, and many others.

My understanding reading up to page 3 is that most of the people on here lack necessary car knowledge to be talking about RUF and Porsche.

Watch it bud. Inciting arguments is not appreciated around here. There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on these boards. Some of which race amateur, and even some professionally. Calling people ignorant is just going to start a flame war. Try to keep things cordial and pleasant.

;)

Watch it bud. Inciting arguments is not appreciated around here. There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on these boards. Some of which race amateur, and even some professionally. Calling people ignorant is just going to start a flame war. Try to keep things cordial and pleasant. ;)

That was a rhetoric statement....wasn't meant to initiate anything.

I do autocross and frequent the drag strip myself so i see what your saying there. Sorry, i guess most of the posts i've seen have lacked any of real knowledge. I'll read between the lines more i guess.

I been getting the impression that the majority of these people are gamers compared to drivers.

I been getting the impression that the majority of these people are gamers compared to drivers.

For real! What's up with all the gamers flooding a forum dedicated to a game?

;)

Just choose your words more carefully next time, lest you come off as cocky.

👍

That was a rhetoric statement....wasn't meant to initiate anything.

I do autocross and frequent the drag strip myself so i see what your saying there. Sorry, i guess most of the posts i've seen have lacked any of real knowledge. I'll read between the lines more i guess.

No problem. I've just noticed your posts tend to be a bit condescending. Just try to keep things pleasant, and everything is cool. Telling people they don't have enough knowledge only serves to aggravate. If you have loads of car knowledge, that should be enough for you. There's no reason to hold it over people.

Back to Porsche!

I will give my left testicle if I can drive a 911 RS (993) Coupe, or a 959 around the Top Gear Test Track (or the Nurburgring, for that matter).

;)

No problem. I've just noticed your posts tend to be a bit condescending. Just try to keep things pleasant, and everything is cool. Telling people they don't have enough knowledge only serves to aggravate. If you have loads of car knowledge, that should be enough for you. There's no reason to hold it over people.

Back to Porsche!

I will give my left testicle if I can drive a 911 RS (993) Coupe, or a 959 around the Top Gear Test Track (or the Nurburgring, for that matter).
;)

I see what you mean. I frequent forums where iF someone says something ill advised, I let him know about it.

Ok, ill try to show my friendly side on here.

But yeah 959 and 911 RS for you?

Me ... Are you ready?

1956 550A RS
1970 917 K
1972 911 RS
1973 908/3
1973 917/30
1978 935/78
1981 936/81
1983 956
1998 996 GT1 EVO
2003 Porsche Carrera GT