Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anybody has seen the tv advert for the Porsche Cayenne GTS and when the scene switches to the Porsche Spyder ALMS LMP2 car, if you notice on the helmet of I believe Collard, there's "Playstation" spelled PLAIN AS DAY on his helmet.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. There have been other drivers not driving for Porsche that have had Playstation sponsorship on helmet:

cadillac_lmp02_10.jpg

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. There have been other drivers not driving for Porsche that have had Playstation sponsorship on helmet:

Well that pretty true. Almost all of the major sports car series are sponsored by Gran Turismo, so there is no surprise that Play Station sponsors the series along with GT.

Gran Turismo has been advertised at many motorsport events, from D1GP, to the Nurburgring 24 Hour and Le Mans 24 Hour.

You'd think that with Playstation and GT's involvement in motorsport they'd have more clout in their circles to get any license they wanted...

It maybe because they can only do so much in one game ya know. Even PD may have to budget themselves at some point. They mite just pick what they think is best but that doesnt mean they dont want more. Just my thoughts...

You'd think that with Playstation and GT's involvement in motorsport they'd have more clout in their circles to get any license they wanted...

Look, its not that PD didn't try to get the license, its just that the Team/ Manufacturer refuses to lend their license or simply ask for too much money. Like Soprano 3 1 3 said, even PD may have to budget themselves at some point and that they cannot develop so many things at one time. I mean, they are all humans you know.... you can't really ask for everything.

Look, its not that PD didn't try to get the license, its just that the Team/ Manufacturer refuses to lend their license or simply ask for too much money.

Either that or a competing company has exclusive rights to a specific brand name -- probably the only reason EA has Porsche and Lamborghini to its credits.

I don't mind not having Porsche -- as long as we have Ruf. I would be even more pleased to see Ruf as well as Gemballa.

Soprano 3 1 3, take it to the F1 thread will you...... :rolleyes:
2008 Malaysian Grand Prix

As for the EA thing, their license has expired already. How did they and Forza/ PGR manage to get a Porsche in their game? Simple, they had permission to use the car for the game. The thing is, PD wants a license to include Porsche in their game and don't want some stupid permission from Porsche. I don't know if I'm saying it correctly but, a license does get you more things. For one, not only can you include the car in the game, but you have exclusive right to include the actual interior and as well as the patented parts on Porsche and also have more info about the manufacturer, etc.

So I can understand why PD had a hard time to get the license from Porsche.....

As for the EA thing, their license has expired already. How did they and Forza/ PGR manage to get a Porsche in their game? Simple, they had permission to use the car for the game. The thing is, PD wants a license to include Porsche in their game and don't want some stupid permission from Porsche. I don't know if I'm saying it correctly but, a license does get you more things. For one, not only can you include the car in the game, but you have exclusive right to include the actual interior and as well as the patented parts on Porsche and also have more info about the manufacturer, etc.

So I can understand why PD had a hard time to get the license from Porsche.....
^ Not just Porsche's, but also Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren (non-MBZ), etc. :indiff:

-> I also do understand with all the BS that PD is going through about licensing. But good thing I'm patient about this kind of stuff. But if ever PD will surprise us between GT5P to GT5 (like including LamPorMss), my head will explode!!! :crazy:

-> But we will never know as of yet. :)

Well my bad bro I didnt think 2 single comments would wreck everyones life god... Iwont come back to this thread just to further comfort you. This is the quickest iveseena mod respond to anything.

Well actually others and I were insulted repeatedly in the TCv3and it took I believe 2 days for someone to come a delete the foul dialog the new user composed. Also that was after I reported him twice.

A simple "dont talk about F1" would have been nice instead of taking it to the next level. I recall st88 using the word "Japanese" (no intention to disrespect) acouple times. I simply found the link for him and told him that is was restricted and he was lucky I caught it before a mod did. This word offends me but I knew it was a simple misunderstanding so I reacted with st88 the way I wouldve liked to have been warned. But I get a PM (warning)from a mod about something like this. I feel like the guy who gets nicked by the police for a busted tail light while theres a bank robberygoing on.Thats just my thoughts...

Well actually others and I were insulted repeatedly in the TCv3and it took I believe 2 days for someone to come a delete the foul dialog the new user composed. Also that was after I reported him twice.
The post to which you are refering was made at Mar 21 2008, 1:27 AM.

I have an email of the reported post, from you, timed at Mar 21 2008, 2:22 AM.

The post was removed Mar 21 2008, 2:45 AM.

He made another post, which you reported again at 3:10 AM.

It was deleted at 3:22 AM. (Along with one of yours insulting the author of the reported post)

All times GMT

A simple "dont talk about F1" would have been nice instead of taking it to the next level.
You may talk about F1, in the correct forum. It was taken to the other level by the other 2 things that were mentioned to you.

Now, if you wish to continue this, take it to PM. We are off topic after all.

I understand the licensing issue.

I guess PD would rather not have one or two major manufacturers for the sake of street tuner cars instead of having an elitist racing game of all exotics.

Maserati should be a must since ferrari is the parent company. Lambo's and Ruf's i have a feelin will be on the game....

The logic would be there that having Ferrari in a GT game for the first time may mean more fun sports car action in GT5. I've never hated Ruf. They are a quality car maker with the different cars they offer. Given all of this, will Porsche be in GT5? As someone mentioned in the GT4 forums while GT4 was in the works (I believe it was Famine): "I don't know. I am not PD," or something like that.

One of the main criticisms of Gran Turismo over the years has been that not a lot of people like that there aren't enough high-end sports cars and not enough supercars. It's the criticism in which people think Gran Turismo is mostly Kei cars and Japanese cars while ignoring the rest of the world of cars. So I can understand the logic that Porsche's inclusion in GT5 would be a strong candidate to be in GT5. And if Porsche doesn't make it into GT5, you (depending on your logic) still have something better than Porsche- Ruf. The Forza gamer playing GT would likely say that any included Porsches have to at least be something of Forza 1 and/or 2. And just imagine if all the Porsche GT race cars show up in GT5- you'll have your GT2 (as in Grand Touring 2) weapon. Then imagine competiting in stuff like GT-sanctioned Porsche Cup events and maybe even something similar to the Porsche Rennsport Reunion.

For now, though, we still don't know too much about GT5 to actually think Porsche would at least be considered. Perhaps PD's deal with Top Gear may give PD a shot in the arm for finding all sorts of interesting sports cars, perhaps even Porsches. If I had to rate Porsche's probability in GT5, I'd rate the chances at 35% and nothing more until we get some more inside dirt on GT5.

You always make very insightful posts. Thanks for that.

I've always imagined that if Polyphony were smart, they'd use Ferrari as the bait to get people to buy GT5P and then pull out Porsche or Lamborghini to get people completely salivating over the full on GT5 (just in terms of cars, not speaking of the other enhancements that will blow our minds I'm sure).

At least to me, it seems to make a good deal of marketing sense. And we've confirmed at some point that they HAVE included (or at least recorded) a porsche for the Euro version of GT3 or am I remembering wrong?

Ferrari is bait to get people to buy GT5P and then pull out Porsche or Lamborghini to get people completely salivating over the full on GT5 (just in terms of cars, not speaking of the other enhancements that will blow our minds I'm sure).

me thinks the bait IS Ferrari for GT5 and that Porch and Lambo will be saved for future GT's....if not, for the sake of downloadable content only.Now that would be some marketing sense.(at the expense of us GT fans:grumpy:)

At least to me, it seems to make a good deal of marketing sense. And we've confirmed at some point that they HAVE included (or at least recorded) a porsche for the Euro version of GT3 or am I remembering wrong?[/QUOTE]

i believe it was a diablo race car

It was both actually. GT3 had the Porsche 911 GT3 (996) and the Diablo GT (JGTC) and as well as other hidden cars in the game, but due to the licensing issue before the game even got out, PD had to exclude the cars out of the game. However, the cars are still in the game, but you can unlock it editing the save file and make the car appear inside the game.

There's no such thing as a RUF 917, or RUF 550 Spyder, so Porsche it is! Although I'm sure RUF could exist in the game alongside Porsche.

The only game that I've ever played that had the 917 and the 550 was NFS: Porsche Unleashed, and it was, um, crap.

i couldn't agree more.., ^this game was probabgly the WORST NFS there is..,

Porsche?? love to have that in GT5.., Cayenne Turbo tackling Pikes Peak?? oh yeah..,

like others, i would aslo love to see the 917, 911's, the Carrera GT and of course, the Cayman.., :D

i couldn't agree more.., ^this game was probabgly the WORST NFS there is..,

Porsche?? love to have that in GT5.., Cayenne Turbo tackling Pikes Peak?? oh yeah..,

like others, i would aslo love to see the 917, 911's, the Carrera GT and of course, the Cayman.., :D

THE WORST? it was the BEST need for speed, the series quickly declined after that into arcadey ricerdom heaven

high stakes 2 was decent too but still a step back from the realistic direction (as realistic as the nfs series has been) that nfs pu pursued

Im really tired of reading people comparing RUF and Porsche.

Of coarse RUF never had a 917 or a 550 Spyder........Who thought they did?

I understand how bad some of you want Porsche in GT but bashing RUF has no say in that. If PD finally put Porsche in GT, there is no reason why RUF would be thrown out.

You people do realize that RUF buys the chassis from Porsche to be modified into a car branded as their own. Yes, that means the chassis comes from Stuttgart and is then sent to RUF for them to modify it into their own specs.

For the ones talking about 917s and 550s and the like......

RUF actually has a relationship with Porsche dating back to before Porsche ever made the 911.

In fact when Porsche decided to faze out the 911 altogether. RUF continued work with the 911 creating the 930 based BTR and then the CTR "Yellowbird". It's because of people like RUF Porsche realized they cant ever get rid of the 911.

The '87 Yellowbird became the fastest car in the world with a speed of 211 MPH. Yes a tuner that receives its cars from another company was able to make a superior machine than even Porsche could create. If anything this made more people buy Porsches to be modified by RUF.

I wrote this because alot of People posting need to do their hw before they start bashing RUF. I want Porsche in GT just as bad as anybody but RUF deserves to be in GT just as much as Porsche and Ferrari.

Remember, RUF is a company that exists solely to improve the driving experience.............making money comes second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back