Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
because a porsche with a body kit is still a porsche.
That's the stupid thing about using bodies from one of the most distinctly looking manufacturer. It still looks like a porsche.

Everything under the hood is RUF. The car is absolutely RUF and not Porsche. Porsche doesn't come by to make it fast. Just because RUF uses Porsche chasis doesn't magically make the car fast lol. It needs guts. It needs life. RUF is that life. It's fast because of the work that RUF puts into it.

No one is arguing why RUF is fast or who makes it fast. Calm down. All is said is that using the very recognizable bodies of porsches makes people think porsche.
How is what you said about RUF different from many of the japanese tuner shops though? Most of them change out all the suspension, tear apart the engine, and replace everything with their own parts. Same as what RUF does. After all the first RUF cars were nothing but porsches with stroked motors and it went on from there.

Is a european chocolate bar, with yummy european nougat, and sticky european caramel, with tatsy european nuts a CHUNKY CHEW? Or is it a Snickers imitation?

The ingredients are all different, but the result is the same.

Thankyou, goodnight

Last edited:
Regarding the EA "Bankruptcy Plan", I await the day that doors close shut. They've screwed up great franchises and have poorly abused the licenses they've held so its about time.

:lol: I'm afraid that when GT5 comes out, this whole site will die a death. Everyone will be on PS3!!

Well in that case, *picks up the phone and calls Amar* "Hey buddy, coast is clear. You can come back inside now"

No one is arguing why RUF is fast or who makes it fast. Calm down. All is said is that using the very recognizable bodies of porsches makes people think porsche.
How is what you said about RUF different from many of the japanese tuner shops though? Most of them change out all the suspension, tear apart the engine, and replace everything with their own parts. Same as what RUF does. After all the first RUF cars were nothing but porsches with stroked motors and it went on from there.

Exactly.

"Alois Ruf's understanding of the strengths and inherent sporting characteristics of the Porsche 911 led to the company's concentration on this model as the platform for all of its future automotive developments.The first RUF enhanced Porsche model made its debut in 1975..."
http://hubpages.com/hub/history_of_ruf_and_porsche

The article continues to show how far RUF transformations go, and they became so huge, the cars had to receive new certification for normal road use, under their brand. But they are still based on Porsches, and are intend to look like very improved Porsches. There is no "imitation".

Ruf is not an imitation. We (Porsche owners) consider them to be a small, albeit special, part of the family.

And I would love to see the RK Coupe.

Ruf+RK+Coupe..jpg

Ruf+RK+Coupe.jpg

There's a Ruf Thread going dude.

Says the guy who posted a Ruf Dakara picture long before my post. Talk about hypocritical...

Besides, I was addressing another poster's comment on this thread, so it made sense to post it on the same thread.

While some of the fault my rest on Porsche in the end it comes down to EA being money hording F... well I won't finish that sentence...

RUF CTR3
p_534.jpg

RUF RT-12
2005_ruf_rt12_2.jpg

This is all I need.

👍

Though a 911 GT3 RS is one car i would love to drive ingame... I hope they have DLC planned for the future, it's confirmed it won't be in the release version due to licensing, but its just a matter of time i think, even if we have to wait for GT6.

After that interview I'm not waiting for porsche anymore....DLC? Maybe, but Kaz said No to DLC, and he rarely answers directly like that. Then, play GT5 and enjoy RUFs.... [going to the RUF thread....]

He never said no to DLC. He said no to a DLC pack on release. After all PSP just got a DLC pack today or yesterday.

He never said no to DLC. He said no to a DLC pack on release. After all PSP just got a DLC pack today or yesterday.

And technically the Prologue updates that brought new cars were DLC. In the form of mandatory updates and not optional packs, but still Downloaded Content...

:lol: I'm afraid that when GT5 comes out, this whole site will die a death. Everyone will be on PS3!!

Didn't come in here to add fuel to the fire anyway, and before I start let me begin by saying that i'm ignorant to the whole situation because i'm not a massive porsche fan. But...

Does anyone have confirmation of porches licence being renewed with anyone? I've heard the current contract puts them on the free market in march?
And after the news of pretty much all other prestige car companies inclusion, wouldn't porsche have been pretty damn stupid to have missed out?
Also, if there has, and i'm not saying there has, been some kind of shady hand shakes going on at Sony, wouldn't Kaz be stupid as to respond with anything but a firm no until the current contract has expired!?

I read in an interview that there are cars still being modelled even now, and i've heard many contradictions from sony employees about the total car content over the last few show reports. Either someone isn't getting their facts to representatives properly, or there is something being hidden, or considered, or maybe even kept for a suprise. Whatever it is i'll be happy to finally play GT5. Porsche or no, there will be plenty! of other cars to drive!
I don't know where this March date came from, but nothing has been said officially. I think the March date is just a rumour that's taken off because NFS Porsche Unleashead was released in March 2000, so March 2010 is exactley 10 years since the game that landed EA this neat little deal with Porsche came out. But really the release of the game has nothing to do with when the license deal was struck other than at some point before (in NFS:PU's case) the game was first announced so it's not 10 years since the license was first done, it's longer. There's nothing to say when the deal is really up and if/when the time comes if EA have refusal of a renewal or not etc. These things are rarely simple.

Ok, I may be dumb, and it may have been discussed before, but how can GT5 have the Super GT license and not have Porsche?

(And that Porcsche race car has the same type of gear shift I just made !)

I though Kaz owns a 911 Porsche? Anyone knows? Or is it a Ruf?

From what I've remembered. He owns a Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Two Nissans, Tuned S2000, and 2 Ford GT. correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, I may be dumb, and it may have been discussed before, but how can GT5 have the Super GT license and not have Porsche?

(And that Porcsche race car has the same type of gear shift I just made !)
The Super GT license covers the race series and I'd presume all the factory cars in the series. Porsche arn't officially in Super GT, the only Porsches in it are private teams and their cars are still property of Porsche. If Porsche had a factory team in Super GT then maybe we'd have a work-round and be able to include that team through the Super GT license. Ultimately it all depends on what contract the teams have to sign when they enter Super GT. From what I've gathered on this, usually a factory team hands the rights to that car in that spec and with that livery to the series, but since private teams don't own the rights to the cars in the first place they can't sign them over and they get a different contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back