Possible 'confirmation' of NFS Underground 3?

• Thread starter billyhas
  • 648 comments
Jesus ducking Christ. That was amazing. I'm more excited for this than for my move to the UK. OMG, this is gonna be awesome.

Like, give it to me now.

giphy.gif

On the other hand, I am extremely disappointed that it's gonna be only night time, and no full day-night cycle. Things like this shouldn't exist in next gen open world driving games. SMH.

Meh
Well I guess it's been a while since a "street racing" NFS, though I can't say I'm pleased with this. At least cops are present.
EA, please don't let the storyline be MW/Carbon-esque, those were some of the worst I've seen in my life. Night time only racing? c'mon it's 2015, we need a full day/night cycle.
And people should stop with this "yeah, back to the roots" thing. NFS had 6 titles before Underground, and those were THE roots, so stop, stop it.
...oh well, we go what we got. I just hope there will be some areas outside the city to drive on in Ferrari's and Lamborghini's (not likely :( )

Jesus ducking Christ. That was amazing. I'm more excited for this than for my move to the UK. OMG, this is gonna be awesome.

Like, give it to me now.

giphy.gif

On the other hand, I am extremely disappointed that it's gonna be only night time, and no full day-night cycle. Things like this shouldn't exist in next gen open world driving games. SMH.
If it's anything to go by, not many people street race in L.A during the bright and sunny hours :lol: I doubt its for any kind of realism though.

Meh
Well I guess it's been a while since a "street racing" NFS, though I can't say I'm pleased with this. At least cops are present.
EA, please don't let the storyline be MW/Carbon-esque, those were some of the worst I've seen in my life. Night time only racing? c'mon it's 2015, we need a full day/night cycle.
And people should stop with this "yeah, back to the roots" thing. NFS had 6 titles before Underground, and those were THE roots, so stop, stop it.
...oh well, we go what we got. I just hope there will be some areas outside the city to drive on in Ferrari's and Lamborghini's (not likely :( )
Assuming that you have, or have an ability to get Xbox One, there's a game that should fit to your requirements, it's called Forza Horizon 2. For the rest of us, without the experience of the original hypercar Need for Speeds, this is the closest thing to the games that were the "NFS".

But Forza have no cops. Oh my, I guess it's back to HP and Rivals.
It's not that I hate street racing games. I love Midnight Club LA, and that's how a street racing game should be done.
But this is NFS and... a **** it, a little change of pace won't hurt.

Based on the cars shown there will be next to none modern high end supercars. Most high end thing we know is in is the RWB 911, or a 911 with RWB bodykit options. This is good. As much as I like Ferrari's and McLarens, down to earth imports are exactly what this game needs. Although some Ferrari's would be welcome.

Hope so,

Super cars have been done to death, don't get me wrong I love driving a Ferrari, Lamborghini R8 V10 etc but these are much more suited to the sim type games where you can appreciate them.

In NFS, you should be able to take normal cars and thrash them about as you would in real life.

Every game with supercars being chased by the police are, well, stupid. Seriously, what kind of a cop would ram into a Lamborghini to stop it.
Or attempt to jostle you off a cliff and hit you with all kinds of projectiles, just because you were speeding.

Does anybody else hope that this "Need For Speed" doesn't end up like a "Sprint-type only game" like NFS: No Limits was (that were incredibly short btw.)

Does anybody else hope that this "Need For Speed" doesn't end up like a "Sprint-type only game" like NFS: No Limits was (that were incredibly short btw.)

If it is, I'm not buying it. If there's not even any circuit races, then that's all the replay value down the drain.

If it is, I'm not buying it. If there's not even any circuit races, then that's all the replay value down the drain.
There will most likely be sprint, circuit and a few other modes.

Now what if I tell you that a German YouTuber was actually invited by Ghost Games / EA to have a look at the new NFS and even was able to play it...

What German Youtuber?
LPN05. He did a teaser trailer breakdown video and at the beginning he mentions it, that he got invited and was able to have a look at it and play it. He also said that the customization options are truly incredible.

Last edited:
Based on the cars shown there will be next to none modern high end supercars. Most high end thing we know is in is the RWB 911, or a 911 with RWB bodykit options. This is good. As much as I like Ferrari's and McLarens, down to earth imports are exactly what this game needs. Although some Ferrari's would be welcome.

Just because you don't see any super cars doesn't mean they won't put them in. When I see that Porsche 911, I usually assume there probably will be more high end sports cars. Need for speed has always been about exotic cars, only 3 games out of 14+ games didn't have exotic cars. They literally just introduced Ferrari back into NFS in rivals, I'd be really surprised if we didn't see Ferrari. The last game that had them before was nfs 6 and nfs shift with the dlc exclusive for xbox. Some exotics will probably be in there. Maybe not hyper cars but who knows.

LP05. He did a teaser trailer breakdown video and at the beginning he mentions it, that he got invited and was able to have a look at it and play it. He also said that the customization options are truly incredible.
Link to the trailer breakdown?

Just because you don't see any super cars doesn't mean they won't put them in. When I see that Porsche 911, I usually assume there probably will be more high end sports cars. Need for speed has always been about exotic cars, only 3 games out of 14+ games didn't have exotic cars. They literally just introduced Ferrari back into NFS in rivals, I'd be really surprised if we didn't see Ferrari. The last game that had them before was nfs 6 and nfs shift with the dlc exclusive for xbox. Some exotics will probably be in there. Maybe not hyper cars but who knows.
I know that but still, when you think Underground you think Skyline's and Supra's, not Zonda's and 12C's.

Same here. I honestly hope it's not like that, if EA is desperate for our money I'm sure they won't. But than again, this title is from Ghost Games. You remember in NFS Rivals that it had only sprint races, pursuits and time trials (to beat a certain time?) that were all sprint-type races? Although I'm not saying they would do the same in this NFS, but... I'm somewhat worried now... >_>

I know that but still, when you think Underground you think Skyline's and Supra's, not Zonda's and 12C's.

That's true but that is for underground, from what I've seen this is a reboot of the series. so when you think "need for speed" without the underground, go back to the first game "The road and track presents. The need for speed" We saw a Lamborghini diablo vs a Ferrari Testarossa also, there was a toyota supra in that game. so we have practical sports cars vs high end sports cars. Personally I don't care for the hypercars too much I mean they are kind of ridiculous. But I'd love to take an old Ferrari or Lamborghini and mess around with it. I'd like to race against people who upgrade their supras and nissan skylines etc. It would be a nice variety.

Latest Posts

Back