Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
Here is my "daughter" 4 year old German Shepherd 'Sheba'...My wife and I have had her for almost two years...she was trained for seatch and rescue and car fo the elderly, and polive foindations, but was extremely gun shy, and loud noises make her jumpy which meant she couldn't work proffesionaly, but did mean she is one smart dog, and a fantastic family dog...I can't imagine life without my hairy little girl

sorry for the poor quality..i need new pics!

Diego440
She's kind of small for a Husky, my guess is that her original owners didn't feed/treat her very well. She's still pretty traumatized... whenever I scold her (no hitting!) she gets really whimpery and scared. Also, we're slowly trying to get her used to being alone at home, since I'll eventually stop working out of the apartment. But since it's in her breed not to bark, but rather howl, she can get quite noisy.

In other news, these are Mishka's "better" pictures, since in the first ones she was very thin, and about a month ago we had her hair cut, and she looks hideous: very thin (you can make out most of the skeleton), all white and with huge ears... she looked like a white bat!

She is certainly a good looking dog - I wouldn't worry about her size too much, its probably because she was the runt of the litter. We have a 3 year old Lab/Retriver cross (Holly) who was the litter's runt, she eats more than she should (don't all labs!) but she's still small and slightly built, i'm sure she always will be.

Our other dog (Jake) was a rescue dog from an abusive home. He was really trumatized and skinny when we got him. It took about 6-12 months before he got to the weight he should be (and beyond). Again, it took a while before he could be reliably left in the house on his own, it just take a little patience, especially with the miss-treated ones. Its been 3 years now since we rescued Jake, only now does he not flinch when you raise your hand near him (obviously not to hit him!)

Theres few feelings better then rescuing an abused dog and making them 'normal' again.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Diego440, I can't stop admiring Mishka! :crazy: I still can't believe that someone left a dog like that! :grumpy: Mishka is so ADORABLE!!!! I wish I can have a dog with that kind of a fur coat! :embarrassed:

Keep up the good and caring work with Mishka! One day she will be fully healed from the evilness of its previous owner! :grumpy:

This is a selection of my Zoo. Not pictured are the 3 large Saltwater Reef Tanks, and one fresh water tank.

Missing from the pictures are Sky (a Blue headed Pionus Parrot), and the 6 budgies.

Odessa (Hahn’s Macaw)
DA_Odessa01.jpg

Batty (Nanday Conure)
DA_batty01.jpg

Curly (Cockatiel)
DA_curly01.jpg

Dimitri (Cockatiel)
DA_dimitri01.jpg

Stevie (Cockatiel)
DA_stevie01.jpg

Yasu (Lovebird)
DA_yasu01.jpg

Missy (Lovebird)
DA_missy.jpg

Nellie and Baby (Umbrella Cockatoo)
DA_nelliebaby01.jpg

Neo (Greenwing Macaw)
DA_neo01.jpg

Red (Scarlet Macaw)
DA_redbird01.jpg

Red and Neo.
DA_redneo01.jpg

Kulpa (Himalayan)
DA_kulpa001.jpg

Remi (Himalayan)
DA_remi001.jpg

AO

Yes indeed. Love the Cockatiels. 👍

lol @ that pic of Missy. Looks funny poking it's head out like that. :)

Thanks for the good wishes! 👍

TheCracker, I know what you mean. I live in an apartment building and the other day Mishka went all the way down the stairs on her own and without permission, so I had to go downstairs and scold her. When I indicated she should go up, because my hand went up, she just stood there and wimpered. Poor thing.

McLaren's Angel: the furry coat is quite nice; very soft and doesn't attract smell. The downside is that she sheds it twice a year, and we could make a pillow with all the hair we have around the house :indiff: Still, it was funny, when we had her hair groomed, she had to lie down on the bed and the puff (the round couch), because her bones hit directly on the floor and it was cold. Oh well, back to taking care of her. Have to take her out now.

AO; what ever happened to the case of the poisoned birds about two years ago, was it? The last I heard was about the case being taken to court but didn't hear the outcome of it.

Here's a pic of one of my many pets, this is Rex. My leopard Gecko! Awesome little pet he is! Just sits on my bed and watches tv...

Attachments

• IMG-0020.JPG
    IMG-0020.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 57
ND4SPD
Here's a pic of one of my many pets, this is Rex. My leopard Gecko! Awesome little pet he is! Just sits on my bed and watches tv...

Hiya :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

You got a fun Gecko! :embarrassed: I bet everyone's pet in here would love to eat it! :crazy:

McLaren'sAngel
Hiya :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

You got a fun Gecko! :embarrassed: I bet everyone's pet in here would love to eat it! :crazy:
Haha, thanks. That just reminds me, I gotta go out and by some crickets tomorrow, its his time to eat! More pics of my other pets coming soon, including my 3 doves, 2 finches, 1 cockatiel and 1 degu....

Diego440
AO; what ever happened to the case of the poisoned birds about two years ago, was it? The last I heard was about the case being taken to court but didn't hear the outcome of it.
How funny it is that time seems fast on the internet. Feb 24th, of this year, 9 parrots at the Rescue were poisoned. It never did go to court, as there was no one to take there. The pesticide was overly concentrated in the grapes, but not enough to affect humans. Since all food (other than specifically for an animal) is tested and graded on a human scale, we had no recourse. It was a very sad day.

McLaren'sAngel
Oh my goddess....Der Alta those birds are so beautiful!!!! :embarrassed: How much did it take to get that zoo of yours? :odd: 👍
My wife and I are very involved with parrots, and as such, when people decide to give them up, they somehow stay at our house. Out of all the parrots in these pictures we've only paid for one. Neo. He was about $2300 dollars. The cage, the food and the toys are the expensive portions. The cage that Neo and Red "share", brand new would have been over $3000.

I'll edit in their ages at some point today.

Kulpa was dropped off with us, and Remi came along shortly after. As for other pets, we had two leopard gekos for about a month. They were dropped off on our doorstep, and we found a great home in Vermont for them. So it's not just parrots that come through our household.

Omnis
What's the other 10%? Polyester?

well, I'd like to think she's 100% Husky, but since I have no way of being absolutely sure, and she has some faults according to the American Kennel Club. Basically, her hind legs aren't as straight as they should be... more specifically, when she sits' she doesn't sit on her legs and butt like most dogs should do, but she sits on her butt and her legs are crossed... akk, it's hard to explain. I'll post a pic of it soon.

Holy crap, that's a beautiful Collie.

Lasssssieeee :lol:

How do you deal with sea water in his hair? Do you have to bathe him with freshwater afterwards or just leave him? I'm assuming Jackson is a he, of course.

The other day I took Mishka to the park and there was this mudfield, and I was 100% sure Mishka wouldn't go close to it, since she isn't a fan of water. But it only took her a minute to jump right in, so I had to spend all my weekend removing mud. Because if the same thing, now I'm debating whether or not I should take her down to the beach... but I'm also thinking about the seawater/sand and the hair.

Diego440
How do you deal with sea water in his hair? Do you have to bathe him with freshwater afterwards or just leave him? I'm assuming Jackson is a he, of course.

The other day I took Mishka to the park and there was this mudfield, and I was 100% sure Mishka wouldn't go close to it, since she isn't a fan of water. But it only took her a minute to jump right in, so I had to spend all my weekend removing mud. Because if the same thing, now I'm debating whether or not I should take her down to the beach... but I'm also thinking about the seawater/sand and the hair.

Our Lab Holly is magnetically attracted to water, if no water is to hand, liquid mud will do nicely. I've always found a garden hose to be the best way to wash her, the oils found on a dogs coat tend to act like Scotchguard - they'll get wet and muddy, but dirt will wash off easily enough.

The first (and last) time we took her to the sea she jumped straight in - and started drinking it! Half an hour latter we were treated to projectile 'extractions' from both ends - not her greatest moment. Seawater and sand could be the least of your problems - be careful!!!

Omnis
Holy crap, that's a beautiful Collie. Lasssssieeee :lol:
Flerbizky
I second that. What an amazing creature !....
Thanks for the compliments, but Jackson is a Sheltie, and I suppose that he just looks larger in this photo because of the wind-blown hair.

Diego440
How do you deal with sea water in his hair?
Either my wife or I will bathe him/shampoo his hair in the evening after each day spent at the beach. When we are home, my wife bathes him/shampoos his hair at least once a week. He is the most spoiled little guy that any of our friends have ever seen, but they all love him because of his personality.....He is Awesome!

Ohhh. Yeah, the pic makes him look pretty big. My bad.

Anyway, my uncle's lab is like Aquaman. She does full sprints into the pool from the sides. The splash is incredible. :lol:

zoxxy
Ah, I remember thos DA. Which one got nuts when hearing the F/094 ? :D
It was Baby, the cockatoo and Neo, the macaw.

I still have that MP3 floating around somewhere.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

TigJackon, that dog is just....WOW.... :drool: Can Jackson do any tricks? :odd:

Der Alta, where can someone buy these kinds of birds from? :odd: I heard that pet stores don't carry birds like those. Well, maybe some birds. :embarrassed:

McLaren'sAngel
Der Alta, where can someone buy these kinds of birds from? :odd: I heard that pet stores don't carry birds like those. Well, maybe some birds. :embarrassed:
I'm faced with this question many times a week. People see our birds and want one.

They're not easy, by any means. Even the little lovebirds and cockatiels. One of our cockatiels is 11 years old. She'll live another 10 years. At the rescue, we have a pair of lovebirds that are 22 years old.

Baby, the Cockatoo is 47 years old. We have a running list of things he's destroyed. Walls, clothing, furniture. We've found spaghetti stuck to the ceiling.

Many sleazy pet stores sell parrots. They'll never tell you the full story though. Drop me a PM and I'll help you out. We can keep this thread on topic.

TwinTurboJay
Rex is ubber cool !
Why thank you.
And heres a view pics from todays feeding. Here Rex is having a standoff with one of the cricket, and one cricket is milliseconds before he striked and stopped a cricket dead in its tracks...

Attachments

• IMG-0021.JPG
    IMG-0021.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-0023.JPG
    IMG-0023.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 53
Der Alta
I'm faced with this question many times a week. People see our birds and want one.

They're not easy, by any means. Even the little lovebirds and cockatiels. One of our cockatiels is 11 years old. She'll live another 10 years. At the rescue, we have a pair of lovebirds that are 22 years old.

Baby, the Cockatoo is 47 years old. We have a running list of things he's destroyed. Walls, clothing, furniture. We've found spaghetti stuck to the ceiling.

Many sleazy pet stores sell parrots. They'll never tell you the full story though. Drop me a PM and I'll help you out. We can keep this thread on topic.

Hiya! :D: O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Baby is very bad then! :grumpy: :lol:

About the PM, its ok! :embarrassed: I am not serious enough yet to get one or two, but maybe later on when I am ready...then I will PM you! :embarrassed:

Back