Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
A grainy webcam pic of my bird Aaron.
picture256zb.jpg

This is my dog Pip, shes a Jack Russel with a few other breeds of dog thrown in for good measure. Kinda odd how we got her, the person we purchased our house off was moving abroad and was going to have the dog put down. We offered to take the dog on and proceeded to buy the house. Im all honesty Pip wasnt treated right, she had lumps all over her and she had a small bit of foam to sleep on hidden away in the darkest part of the house. She is 18 years old now and we have had her for 8 of those years. She acts like a puppy still as i assume she never had much of a childhood. Shes very old now and she is starting to show this too, shes going deaf and cant see very well. At least she got to have a good life in the end though.

Pip

image0726ch.jpg

This is the strange "smile" she doesn when shes excited. Scares alot of people actually, most notibly the guy who came to fix the sky in our house which i found highly amusing.
image0631fg.jpg

Spec....

I thought you posted pics of Pip before? I could be wrong. Is Pip a her?

Either way, I hate it when people don't treat their pets right. I've been very close to get into fistfights when I see someone hitting a dog. And it's always hard when you're going to pet a dog and the dog just stands back, thinking you'll strike him/her. I've had Mishka for over 10 months and even though she trusts me completely, whenever I'm going to pet her, she still jumps back sometimes.

I'll post an update on her whenever I get my new camera.

Diego440
I thought you posted pics of Pip before? I could be wrong. Is Pip a her?

Either way, I hate it when people don't treat their pets right. I've been very close to get into fistfights when I see someone hitting a dog. And it's always hard when you're going to pet a dog and the dog just stands back, thinking you'll strike him/her. I've had Mishka for over 10 months and even though she trusts me completely, whenever I'm going to pet her, she still jumps back sometimes.

I'll post an update on her whenever I get my new camera.

Yea i thought i had posted it before but i had a quick look around but couldnt find it. Pip is a she by the way and i know what you mean by Mishka still being jump. Up to about a year ago pip still used to shake when anybody raised their voice.

Spec....

Here's another pic of my lovely dog Jake having a roll in the grass, we got him form the dogs home about 3 years ago. He likes to escape from the garden and come back hours later covered in mud.
7234bd8d.jpg

And the kids 2 lovely Guinea pigs climbing for a bit of carrot, they are called Ant and Dec
5de03fd8.jpg

There's some really lovely pets in this thread :) 👍

Just so you get an idea, when we found Mishka she was very, very thin. She probably had been lost for about 10-15 days, her hair was a mess and she had all this dead, sticky hair still stuck on her. We had to get all her hair trimmed. It's in these pics where you can really notice how thin she was. And also, you can see how ugly a hairless husky is... looks like a white, wingless bat :crazy:

These pics were taken in august last year. I should be getting new pics next month. :)

Finally got some pictures of Aphrodite, my 3' Ball Python. Her favorite food is live Gerbils, and some of her likes include squeezing my neck till my face turns red and sun bathing on her branch. :crazy:

Hope yas enjoy. 👍

aphroditebody0mm.jpg

aphroditeshead5un.jpg

lotus350
And the kids 2 lovely Guinea pigs climbing for a bit of carrot, they are called Ant and Dec
5de03fd8.jpg

There's some really lovely pets in this thread :) 👍
Love the Guinea Pigs....i used to have 4 of them:dopey: then we got chinchillas that went from having 2 to 11 which was a mess(the ones that are like soft squirrels) and now i have 2 lazy dogs of which i will take pictures of later

(D'oh!! hit the quote button instead of edit... sorry)

After reathing this, definitively not...

I once knew a man named Michael who had worked more than twenty years, hands-on, with tigers, leopards, jaguars, snow leopards, cougars, and all sorts of smaller cats and other animals. Michael spent part of a year in a wheelchair because of a tiger attack. He warded off attacks from numerous other animals. He developed a training curriculum for teaching people to have contact with large cats. He told me the closest he ever came to dying was when he was attacked by an ocelot. He did not expect the level of aggression in the particular cat, since it was not typical for this individual. When the cat launched at him, he did block the first several strikes before the cat got in one bite. He believed the cat was aiming for his armpit, but what he managed to bite was his inner arm just above the elbow. The cat bit deeply and tore off sideways, opening major blood vessels in the man's arm. Michael managed to ward off other attempts to bite him and leave the cage. He called for assistance from other staff on a radio he carried, and made a tourniquet for his arm. By the time he reached the top of the perimeter area, he was passing out from loss of blood. Another staff member drove him to the hospital.

We just got two new puppies this morning to replace our old Sheltie that we had to put to sleep in November. I'll post up some pictures in a few hours.

This was my cat, Miiko. He died from a blood clot a couple years ago :(

Just chillin':
miiko1.jpg

Safe in his fortress made of junk on my desk:
miiko2.jpg

Looking for a snack in the back yard:
miiko3.jpg

This is my sister's cat, Roxy. She visits our parents' house frequently. Here she is going through my stuff:
roxy1.jpg

Apparently the junk on my dresser wasn't interesting enough:
roxy2.jpg

A few of my relatives' animals:

(ever seen a daschund-lab mix?)

Carl.
(D'oh!! hit the quote button instead of edit... sorry)

After reathing this, definitively not...

Ooops, maybe I should clear that up. I meant the domestic breed of house cat. I just like that picture. Most commonly known as the "Ocicat", Bengle, and Egyptian Mau.

Here is an Eqyptian,
photo1.jpg

MugenVTEC
Especially the first of Alex. The cat seems to say "What ??? What do you want ???"

Funny, that's exactly what I ask him at least 20 times a day, each times he comes litteraly yelling at me for a bit of attention. I was holding them like dolls a few inches from the ceiling in these pics, which they don't mind at all, they were both purring.

filthyfish
Ooops, maybe I should clear that up. I meant the domestic breed of house cat. I just like that picture. Most commonly known as the "Ocicat", Bengle, and Egyptian Mau.

That sounds much, much better. It could have been the case though, or even worse...

Back