Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
A few days before we went to India, I'm missing them so much :(

16118460_10153942376176841_1051495161_n.jpg

These two were taken minutes before we went to the aiport. A friend of my wife is taking care of them, she hasn't sent us a photo yet they must be huge by now.

DSC_5249.jpg

DSC_5251.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, this is not really a pet, but it is a new unwanted roommate.
About two weeks ago, I found this little dude hanging out behind my TV on the blinds. These are 2" blinds.

CAM00306_zpstj1ahsfg.jpg

I have tried to catch him every time I have seen him, but I have always failed.

I have seen him several times hanging out on top of my receiver, it is nice and warm up there.

Sunday morning when I got up and first turned on the receiver, I noticed he was already there. When I approached him, he seemed a little skinny and wrinkly. He still managed to get away, but I was concerned for his health.

Today I set up a little wading pool for him, with a shot glass reservoir to keep it from running dry. I also crumbled up a piece of cat food for him to eat.

CAM00369_zpshghiahgn.jpg

He didn't look so well yesterday when I saw him, I hope he finds this in time.

My goal is to catch him and put him outside,,

@CLowndes888
Nope, haven't really looked at any other pictures in the thread yet. My gf took the picture of Banjo a couple of weeks ago, just thought it was nice. They do look pretty similar though, I'll give you that

These are my two kitties, Fluffy and Mallow!!! They're sisters, 10 years old, and have lived with us their whole lives.

20170404_181818.jpg

20170426_164425.jpg

Fluffy (the most original cat name ever, but better than what my sisters had in mind!) is the runt of her litter, and so she always used to wait for Mallow to eat before eating herself. However as she's gotten older, she's become more fiery, fighting for dominance. She loves my mum, and will always sleep in her room. Being the runt, she's small, skinny, but the more likely of the two to give you a swipe or a bite!

20170404_082922.jpg

Mallow is the tamer one. She's heavier, softer, and generally nicer to people. She loves me, and will always go in for head boops and tummy rubs. She sleeps all over the place, and isn't afraid to burrow under the bed covers for warmth. She'll always greet us when we come home by running out in front of our car and racing us to the door. And if you cradle her in your arms long enough, she'll fall asleep..

Sad news to pass along tonight. A little over a year ago, I made a post saying that my old cat Simba had passed away. Well, my other cat by the name of Buster, whome I've had for roughly 15 years had to be put down yesterday. We noticed a few weeks ago that he wasn't eating at all, so we took him to the vet where they found he had both an infection and an abscess in his mouth. After a few weeks of antibiotics he seemed to be perking up a bit, and then we left for vacation, while a friend checked on him daily, whome was a vet. A few days later they noticed that he was apparently blind, so back to vet he went, where the abscess was found to be a tumor.

So, yeah. After saying I'vs had two cats most of my life, now I've lost both of them in the span of a bit longer than a year.

Buster was as strong as an ox, too. All muscle, strong as could be, and 22 lbs. We got him as a playmate to Simba, but as her health deteriorated, I almost thought of him as her protector. Once she passed on, his job was done, in a way.

Here's some pictures of them. Simba (Orange) & Buster (Black).

FB_IMG_1497656939699.jpg

FB_IMG_1497656728213.jpg

FB_IMG_1497656574631.jpg

Sad news to pass along tonight. A little over a year ago, I made a post saying that my old cat Simba had passed away. Well, my other cat by the name of Buster, whome I've had for roughly 15 years had to be put down yesterday. We noticed a few weeks ago that he wasn't eating at all, so we took him to the vet where they found he had both an infection and an abscess in his mouth. After a few weeks of antibiotics he seemed to be perking up a bit, and then we left for vacation, while a friend checked on him daily, whome was a vet. A few days later they noticed that he was apparently blind, so back to vet he went, where the abscess was found to be a tumor.

So, yeah. After saying I'vs had two cats most of my life, now I've lost both of them in the span of a bit longer than a year.

Buster was as strong as an ox, too. All muscle, strong as could be, and 22 lbs. We got him as a playmate to Simba, but as her health deteriorated, I almost thought of him as her protector. Once she passed on, his job was done, in a way.

View attachment 654544

View attachment 654545

View attachment 654547

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Sparky. She's an Akita and she's 2 years old, still has pupper tendencies :D
When I was just a child we had an Akita. Completely white. She had hip problems around 11 years old and had to be put down. Her name was Kia. I used to always try and hide from her somewhere in the house but she could always find me and put a big smile on my face, Great dog and wasn't afraid to defend the family. She was put down when I was in 3rd grade.

View attachment 654544

View attachment 654545

View attachment 654547

I haven't visited this thread in a while. My apologies for being late.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
It's very difficult to lose a beloved family member.
May the memories of happy times together help you through difficult times.
Thoughts are with you and yours.

The wife and I have been rescuing cats for about 5 years. We have re-homed some 30+ odd strays and abandoned cats in that time... Some managed to wiggle their way in our hearts and our glaring. I don't appear to have them all together, or picks of all of them (seven in total) so here are a few.

This is Olly aka: Prince Olly Ababwa.
IMG_20160908_112626306.jpg

This is Kaiju. Not need for an aka as he lives up to his name... Little cat, huge monster!
IMG_20170630_205348438.jpg

Here we Kaiju and Orangey. Orangey, aka the Great Pumpkin.
IMG_20170222_170726855.jpg

And here we see Boots (dog up top) Spook (so named because he appears out of no where and messes with the other cats) and Marely off to the left side of Spook.
IMG_20170115_101404120.jpg
We also have 2 other black cats, Inka and Salem. I'll get a pic of them all together. All are adopted/rescued from high kill shelters or situations where they were about to be put down. Except Olly and Kaiju. Olly found us as a one month old. We found him in our driveway after a storm, soaked to the core. We had seen him the day before as well wondering our neighborhood. He has since remained a mostly outdoor cat, but come around for food and to sleep. Kaiju was found by a different neighbor, who was guided our way. One is a Norwegy and the other a Maine Coon, my assumption is that, given their relative small sizes, they were both the runts of the litter, and were left by the mothers.
Feeding and dealing with the litter of some many cats is quite the chore, but it's a duty of love.
As you can see, we also have a dog, and we had a bearded dragon that just recently passed. That aquarium, 75 gallons of awesome, will now be used to house some fishes in a nice, natural style setup.
We plan on moving in the next year. Getting a fair bit of property out of the city, at which time we will really step up some of our rescue work, and see about getting a bit more diversity to our animal pack.

This is Lucie, my pastel ball python (It took me about a month, but my wife eventually gave me the green light on getting a snake):

upload_2017-7-24_23-7-59.png

Lucie at one year old:

upload_2017-7-24_23-9-22.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-10-4.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-11-18.png

Lucie at two years old:

upload_2017-7-24_23-12-44.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-14-8.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-14-48.png

Lucie now (going on three years old):

upload_2017-7-24_23-17-6.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-17-35.png