Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
Looks like a mosquito to me. Could be a regional insect I don't know.
TB
Looks like it should be a puddle of goo.
If y'all could use the quote or tagging features, I'd have less gray hairs.
@kolio could also make it a "free Willy" version.
Ah, there it is.
TB
I was too scared to try and make it turn into goo.

And yes, I think it was a mosquito. I haven't done any research yet though.

Dog-tired dog is tired.

20180721_171941.jpg

Don't think she liked the street fair.

Even if she did score a cheese curd.

I've got a new pet then too. What hell even is this thing? :scared:

View attachment 751578 View attachment 751579
Looks like a crane fly to me. You usually find them on walls with their legs and wings outstretched, or bumping into outdoor lights at dusk.

Not harmful* in any way, including to mosquitos, despite commonly being referred to as mosquito hawks.

*Edit: Provided that's what it is.

Last edited:
Good on you for the rescues!! That gray one is gorgeous! I want it!!

All three of my cats are shelter cats! No idea of their ages, although One has been here 14 years and was an adult when she arrived. The other adult arrival has been here less than four years, and I've got one that was a kitten 18 months ago. Bringing in a kitten was very different than bringing in the adults!!! NOTHING in the house is safe!!! :lol:

My longtime girlfriend and I are adopting our first pets!

We're getting them from our local Animal Rescue Shelter :)

They come home tomorrow!

View attachment 754406

Yesterday we adopted Chip (R) and Dale (L), now renamed Nugget (R) and Milo (L). Milo was the adventurous one right away and is already roaming about his new house with confidence. Nugget has been more skiddish, but is starting to warm up to her new home. One thing is for sure though, Milo and Nugget are already warmed up with each other! #SameCageBuddies

20180729_083303.jpg

The last time I went to visit my mother in Louisville, a dove had nested in a hanging flower basket on her back porch. The mother dove had two squabs. The father stuck around, but was rarely at the nest.

riElP7h.jpg

They really grew fast during the week I was home.

hXNtxMX.jpg

Oops got too close.

jSO1uBa.jpg

Two days before I left the squabs were getting antsy. The next day, they were gone.

8ugDL6h.jpg

The last time I went to visit my mother in Louisville, a dove had nested in a hanging flower basket on her back porch. The mother dove had two squabs. The father stuck around, but was rarely at the nest.

riElP7h.jpg

They really grew fast during the week I was home.

hXNtxMX.jpg

Oops got too close.

jSO1uBa.jpg

Two days before I left the squabs were getting antsy. The next day, they were gone.

8ugDL6h.jpg
I think I just a read a children's picture book :lol:.

Guys, I'm having a hard time getting a lap in. Any help?
20180801_221738.jpg

I posted this earlier today. Little did I know, this was the last picture I took of Milo.

We had him for less than a week, but we gave him the best home possible. I loved him more than anything, but it was clear something was wrong. After taking him to the vet, we learned he was very sick. The chances of survival were less than 10%, and the disease was very contagious. If we did not put him down, we would risk infection of our other kitten. Luckily she was negative, but we have to clean everything with bleach to ensure she does not get infected.

My girlfriend and I each picked out our own kittens. Milo was the one I picked and I was very quickly attached to him. It's the first pet I've ever lost and it's been totally devastating.

They have to temporarily shut the shelter down for several weeks to test all the cats/kittens. Any infected have to be put down and they have to totally disinfect everything.

This has been a devastating event all around.

Goodbye Milo.

E52CEEB9-D913-4DC0-A342-A4029FD7A0A4.jpeg
@wfooshee, maybe Figaro would like a Ripple Rug.

I’m a vet tech in a feline only hospital. We get tons of mailings/pamphlets each week. We just got a newsletter this week on the Ripple Rug. Thought it was interesting. Went to the website to investigate, watched a few videos.
My cats are getting this for Christmas :lol:

I'm looking for ways on how to train dogs, until I saw these dog training collars which is primarily used to correct bad habits such as barking, digging, and chewing, a training collar can transform a misbehave dog into a well obedient dog. What do you think? Are these actually effective or is it just some sort of industry push to sell products? Any suggestion will be helpful to me.

Attachments

• yellow-labrador_529176.jpg
    yellow-labrador_529176.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back