Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,687 comments
60100_115520831837937_4052535_n.jpg

Lady the weimaraner passed away today. She had a very bad seizure this afternoon and had a heart attack while she was being prepared for euthanasia. The above picture is about 5 1/2 years old.
Sorry to hear that. :(

We got 2 cats at the weekend. Our old one died last July at the young age of 23 (twenty bloody three). These girls are both about 5 but the sanctuary couldn't be sure, settled on Fudge and Tizzy since I wasn't allowed to name them after Arsenal players.
DSC_0058.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG

My Hatchetfish that I posted pictures of a few times here died today mysteriously. It lived a long life, over fout years in my aquarium. Rest in piece, fishy.

My Hatchetfish that I posted pictures of a few times here died today mysteriously. It lived a long life, over fout years in my aquarium. Rest in piece, fishy.
That's a pretty average lifespan. Most live 2 to 5 years in the right water conditions (they're extremely fragile when it comes to water conditions) and can live longer when kept in groups (helps lower stress). I'd like to get some hatchetfish but my tank isn't set up for them. They'd die quickly.

That's a pretty average lifespan. Most live 2 to 5 years in the right water conditions (they're extremely fragile when it comes to water conditions) and can live longer when kept in groups (helps lower stress). I'd like to get some hatchetfish but my tank isn't set up for them. They'd die quickly.
Have you ever owned one?

You seem to know a handful about fish, so I have a wuestion for you. I know that Hatchets are flying fish, but are they supposed to jump regularly? The one that died yesterday jumped a lot more than the others, and in fact it jumped out five times, once landing behind my dresser. The lid is always covered, and it only jumped out of the tank when I cleaned the tank. But that fish jumped many times per day, for no reason.

Have you ever owned one?

You seem to know a handful about fish, so I have a wuestion for you. I know that Hatchets are flying fish, but are they supposed to jump regularly? The one that died yesterday jumped a lot more than the others, and in fact it jumped out five times, once landing behind my dresser. The lid is always covered, and it only jumped out of the tank when I cleaned the tank. But that fish jumped many times per day, for no reason.
I myself have never owned one (but like I said, I would like to get some) but my mom has had hatchetfish before. They didn't last long, I think because of the water. I don't know a whole lot about hatchets but tmk they do jump pretty regularly because anytime I read about them, the first thing they always say is to have a securely closed tank lid.

My dog isn't doing so good. The vet is saying they're going to try a blood transfusion, but most likely he won't make it. :nervous::(🤬:banghead::(

My dog isn't doing so good. The vet is saying they're going to try a blood transfusion, but most likely he won't make it. :nervous::(🤬:banghead::(
Sorry to hear that, just don't give up hope. Do you know why he'll need a blood transfusion?

Kinda bummed my first post in this thread is of a sadder tone, but this is my old girl, Simba. We've had her for the last fourteen years, ended up finding her in the local humane society when she was five. Unfortunatly, she hadn't been doing all that well recent. She was roughly nineteen, so here helth started deterierating about a year ago; wasn't able to jump up on furniture, seemed like she counldn't get warm, and it also seemed like she was having a hard time seeing as of recent.

That being said, I wolk up this morning to my mom telling me she had passed overnight last night. Took a few hours but I think it's finally hit home that she's gone. She was such a great cat, I hate to see the way she went, but everyone has their time, right? I sure am gonna miss here. Sleep tight, old gorl.

20151107_171125.jpg

(And yes, that's me she's sitting on. This was from about six months ago. She had a short phase of sitting on people's chests. Lol.)

Kinda bummed my first post in this thread is of a sadder tone, but this is my old girl, Simba. We've had her for the last fourteen years, ended up finding her in the local humane society when she was five. Unfortunatly, she hadn't been doing all that well recent. She was roughly nineteen, so here helth started deterierating about a year ago; wasn't able to jump up on furniture, seemed like she counldn't get warm, and it also seemed like she was having a hard time seeing as of recent.

That being said, I wolk up this morning to my mom telling me she had passed overnight last night. Took a few hours but I think it's finally hit home that she's gone. She was such a great cat, I hate to see the way she went, but everyone has their time, right? I sure am gonna miss here. Sleep tight, old gorl.

View attachment 538456

(And yes, that's me she's sitting on. This was from about six months ago. She had a short phase of sitting on people's chests. Lol.)

Gentle eyes that see so much,
Paws that have a quiet touch;
Purr to signal "all is well"
And show more love than words could tell.
Graceful movements touched with pride,
A calming presence by our side;
A friendship that takes time to grow,
Small wonder why we love them so.

With deepest sympathy,
Boston77

This is an old picture of Jasper, he's gotten a lot fatter since then.

20141008_154634.jpg

He's got glaucoma in his left eye and he's having it removed tomorrow. :(

Back