Post a pic of your real car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,866 comments
  • 1,579,815 views
View attachment 586304
View attachment 586305
View attachment 586313
This is my 1992 Buick Skylark GS Coupe. Got it yesterday for $900. This particular car is one of the few Fisher Body sunroof cars, and even still has the original sunroof storage bag as well. All in all, especially for its age, it's pretty sound both structurally and mechanically, and I'm quite chuffed with it if I do say so myself.
Nice buy. What's with that nose, though? :lol:
 
Nice buy. What's with that nose, though? :lol:
Buick was trying to emulate some of their designs from the 30s, with the Special being the biggest influence. But yeah, I'll admit that it's a bit of an acquired taste, which likely explains why they facelifted it to look more like other contemporary Buicks.
 
Decided to get my recent purchase the full treatment, the man that did it posted this one on FB
xwTBtRD.jpg
 
just picked up a new daily... already being called a psycho for calling it my daily...

I'd call it hero ;) Nice purchase 👍

20160910_144220.jpg


This was sad, take the GTR out, it runs fine, but not being able to drive as it's not registered atm :(

20160917_153843.jpg


But the TTRS and S3 make up for it :dopey: . I think my brake discs are on the way out on the TTRS though (at 15000km :lol:) . They are not very good to begin with, something Audi seems uncapable of doing. No proper air cooling... And brake discs are the same on both sides so one side is always worst cooled....

Well Brembo Upgrade or Mov'it... not gonna slap that OEM crap under it again.... But it will still hold for a bit... it's not that bad... and I gonna make a custom cooling for it. A duct, a tube and cable ties ;)


The last 2 pages were hillarious 👍
 
Brought her home!
image.jpg


I took it into work to look it over yesterday after getting it and I'm really impressed with it. The guy wasn't lying when he said it doesn't leak a drop of oil. He also deleted the cat I noticed... :p
image.jpg


Interior is super nice asides from the arm rest pad which I have a spare for, the leather shift knob which I had a non leather one for anyway, and.. That's basically it really. It has 97K miles and I'm the third owner.
image.jpg


Oil pressure guage is inoperative and it has the 'three lights of death', which I'm assuming is a corroded ground after looking underneath. Barely any rust asides from two small holes in the floors and some very minor rust on the fenders. Shifter also needs new bushings I believe.
image.jpg


For $1200 I got an amazing deal on this though, it runs like a dream, incredibly smooth all the way to redline. Every single bushing, ball joint and wheel bearing on the car is tight, sans an end link that's starting to develop some play, and it really is noticeable compared to the rusty racer. I'm super happy with it and can't wait to get a proper wheel/tire setup going along with a couple other goodies to throw on it.

Miata wheels for now :p
image.jpg


The owner was also a really cool guy who was super into Land Cruisers, had 5 sitting at his house, and he went through the garage and found every single part he had for this car and gave them to me along with a 1970s 4WD Pickup steering wheel because.. Why not. :lol: It also turns out he was the guy who bought my dads FJ60 Land Cruiser some time ago.
 
Two of the new BMW I3s placed side by side :eek:
 

What a lucky find to pick up a 30+ year old car in good condition with less than 100,000 miles! 👍 I've always been a fan of the original MR2 and you see so few of them on the road anymore. Good luck with it!

I've never really been a huge Toyota fan but it's starting to look like that now-a-days. I'm even using one as a 'support' vehicle. (Also my wife's daily)

29124186043_604546a6ba_h.jpg
 
Back