Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Not mine, it is my brother's. I drove him 6 hours to pick it up though.

IdayuqXHyMZQwgF1PDR-lO0CGLERze02P76ZC6_KPGve3ekfONqfaqbip-AIM8YO8KaNcUbSefMSMUMXjhpr6jp5qgfJRNAT0PE9YO8xeqxONaRxsiS73Kle8kRR46AaHcTSCZfhCBnHCGlG8rUkN8iI3UPNlRDGQe7vZRfRcSxGKe7kIBq_VxZ1j8kRMBP-HPKBiZv28ZTGmMxooerKPR-efYWkLviRGzVZIp3Hz-yMzg_BVt9zn9n0q4csvpTovst2mmhRTPKuC_-MKfbrIQ63GTopG_-kQSomc1ffM6GRIPiwqhYnQeJ_60tGzEUlcoBZ9mMqPp41Plqc17y3gp0-Y6JaZJ3AJlQ6AXFfE0AXmDySAfVfbXZUKcTlvbYwVRybuIXobnDmhNTQlmhZbLcz0gxhoByayJm_LtquVl6L1AFcc7ldH5qOgHy-X9SDFZQGL_e_5iMZ9WS7mB3eudrnLDGK8-GqMEr5ZM_zb9ukteZViNTzQFZgEWvDspTN-Xw8JbOpmXRjK9NxtzkO9d3b5cCUNOJU5ZhH70JjzbNq-_lRpyLyrqoCM3j0L677k23LfWpCsXGbZBlwDauI0fcldp2JtWcZwzowFBuZT3jtvWXpRtMLOMJt=w1350-h1012-no

It is a '93 W250 Cummins with 116K miles. One of the cleanest trucks of that vintage I've ever seen, completely bone stock too.

Was one of the coolest and sketchiest things I have done, but it was a blast!
View attachment 664326 View attachment 664327
I've always wanted to drive up Mt Washington and despite being to the summit many times in my life, I have no idea what the auto road is even like, except from dashboard videos of the hillclimb rally. Is the road steep? Do you ride the brakes going down?

Going up next weekend, may just drive it this time.

I've always wanted to drive up Mt Washington and despite being to the summit many times in my life, I have no idea what the auto road is even like, except from dashboard videos of the hillclimb rally. Is the road steep? Do you ride the brakes going down?

Going up next weekend, may just drive it this time.
It was awesome, but the roads are pretty narrow, my car felt wide on the road lol. On the way down wasn't too bad on my brakes, still stopped every once and awhile. You will enjoy it, trust me

Sounds good, that's almost what all 3 of my cars have... when you add them together...

What's it at now? 180-ish?
115bhp @4600rpm
202 ft lbs @1880rpm

That was at awesome gti.

Standard injectors are good for 240bhp. Getting a mates old intercooler from his corrado race car so just need darksides hard pipe kit and a CR177 and we are good for 200bhp.

Highest I've seen so far with that set up and still keeping the dpf and egr is 216bhp

Looking good. Nice to see another red SW20 around. Is it a 1992? Based on the metallic red stripe on the side. Which engine has it got? 3SGE or 3SFE?
Thanks! I've been looking at the photos of yours before I got mine and certainly fell in love with the red. It's a 91, can't say what's up with the red stripe. It's got the 3SGE, kinda want the turbo but what can ya do

Last edited:
Cool, the 3SGE is still a good motor. Like you I have the same engine as you probably know.

The metallic red stripe is a factory thing. The GEN1 cars had black for all body colours but the GEN2 (yours) had metallic red for the red, silver for white, dark grey for black, dark grey for grey, gold mica for yellow and so on. In the GEN3 cars they just went with the body colour for a more modern cleaner look.

Your red is different to mine, it's brighter. Similar to the difference in the beach shots I took with my mates GT.

Time for this old girl to find a new owner or it's off to the wreckers. I'm the second owner since new and had her for 20 years, I'll be sad to see her go :(
IMG_3807.JPG

But the new one's finally arrived so happy days :D , already nearly 1,000 kms on the clock after one weekend :eek:
037.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

Just needs the throttle conversion to the left hand side so I can drive it, but the Missus loves driving it so much she keeps planning different ways to stall the conversion:banghead: :lol::lol::lol:

Time for this old girl to find a new owner or it's off to the wreckers. I'm the second owner since new and had her for 20 years, I'll be sad to see her go :(
View attachment 665697

But the new one's finally arrived so happy days :D , already nearly 1,000 kms on the clock after one weekend :eek:
View attachment 665708
View attachment 665711

Just needs the throttle conversion to the left hand side so I can drive it, but the Missus loves driving it so much she keeps planning different ways to stall the conversion:banghead: :lol::lol::lol:
1000km in a weekend :odd:

Did you do your own personal Bathurst or something :P

1000km in a weekend :odd:

Did you do your own personal Bathurst or something :P
May as well have:lol:. Starting from Adelaide, we followed the River Murray from Murray Bridge upstream on the Saturday and made it up to Blanchtown. Then went out around the Copper Coast region on the Sunday. None of this was done in an orderly manor, we would have gotten lost several times if it weren't for the Sat/Nav :crazy::lol:. First picture was at Swan Reach and the second was at Moonta Bay.

Back