Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Damn.

Weren't you posting photos of a Mondeo just the other day...? :P

Yes I deleted those photos as it was meant to go in this thread but this car came up and It all happened quite quick and the Mondeo has now been sold and this is the new one! :cheers: :P

Yes I deleted those photos as it was meant to go in this thread but this car came up and It all happened quite quick and the Mondeo has now been sold and this is the new one! :cheers: :P
Talk about upgrading...

Congratulations. 👍

Congratulations :bowdown: torque99! Incredible car 👍 Can't wait to see more shots with your beautiful white beast :cheers:

Thanks RL I think I will enjoy taking photos of this car. It is a good starting point to practice on as a Subject with nice curves and features.
I'm still waiting to take some decent photos so I will leave these and edit in new ones later.
5.0L V8 Supercharged 510bhp

Last edited:
Just been out hiking and enjoying the nice weather, and Jordan has been enjoying it too
20170914_143704.jpg

Love the Panther just peekin in this picture. The new Interceptor looks great! Any goodies left in the car or did they remove most of them?

Haha yah, that panther is going up for sale soon. And the dealership I bought the Interceptor pretty much reconditions them and makes them as normal as possible before selling them. They tinted the car and added a pushbar for me though, as well as add a center console.

Haha yah, that panther is going up for sale soon. And the dealership I bought the Interceptor pretty much reconditions them and makes them as normal as possible before selling them. They tinted the car and added a pushbar for me though, as well as add a center console.

Aww. Was prepared to use the Blues Borthers quote :lol:

"..it's got a cop motor [...] cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks.." :lol:

Got nuffin.. not even the flashlights.

Thinking of new shoes for next summer.

EDIT

Got only one of the wheels to work,

I don't know if I like them because I spent a shamefully long time on the edit, or because it was the only wheel I COULD edit... anyway I'll do the other one tomorrow and see what it looks like.

EDIT*

Got it..

I like them both!!!

Vossen VPS-318

download-12.png

Vossen VPS-313T

VPS-313T-sm.png

*EDIT

Holy mother of image size!! Spoiler tags added

Last edited:
Aww. Was prepared to use the Blues Borthers quote :lol:

"..it's got a cop motor [...] cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks.." :lol:

Got nuffin.. not even the flashlights.

Haha well. These things do have a few things built into them that regular Taurus's don't have. The 3.7L is a PI only thing, the pursuit mode programmed into the transmission, the suspension and wheels are built to withstand hopping curbs at 40mph without bending or going out of alignment, there's a bunch more that I'm only now learning about. Definitely more differences than what a regular panther and a P71 ever had.

Haha well. These things do have a few things built into them that regular Taurus's don't have. The 3.7L is a PI only thing, the pursuit mode programmed into the transmission, the suspension and wheels are built to withstand hopping curbs at 40mph without bending or going out of alignment, there's a bunch more that I'm only now learning about. Definitely more differences than what a regular panther and a P71 ever had.

Well there ya go. The gift that keeps on giving:tup:

Finally got my license (anxiety held me back until a couple of weeks ago, I'm 22), and went and got my Pop's truck. Pop is what I call my grandfather. He has terminal cancer and not sure how long he has left. He taught me how to drive in this truck, so needless to say, this truck means the world to me. He's like my best friend. Onto the truck. It's a 1986 Nissan D21 Custom. Has the V6 instead of the 4-cylinder. Has an larger oil pan, granny low gearing, and a long bed. I believe there's one or two other things, but can't think of them right now. He was rear ended a few years ago and it's gonna cost $2,100 to get everything that was messed up from that fixed. Seems like a lot, but with what this truck means to me, I'll pay it. Also need to get the speedo fixed, alignment, and the tires balanced. The truck only has 155K miles. Not much compared to some of you guys, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
IMG_20170914_133803.jpg
IMG_20170914_133834.jpg
IMG_20170914_133821.jpg
IMG_20170914_134010.jpg

My current car; 2012 Audi S4 3.0TFSi

Had it for about 3 months now and loving every minute of it. The only mod I've made is a stage 2 remap, car currently puts out 440bhp and 400lb-ft torque.
I'm considering making some cosmetic changes; remove the chrome trim and replace it with black, as well as paint the wheels much darker. Beyond that I'm extremely happy with it as it sits. So much fun to drive but also pretty big and practical. Thirsty car that gets around 25mpg if I'm careful, but it's so much fun I don't care.

974.JPG
986.JPG
1284.JPG

I've been seeing a few of these and I'm surprised they're already being tossed out by PDs after only a few years. How many miles does it have?
My brother-in-law works part-time for Kent County Police Department, and he said the department replaces each car after about a year of service because in day to day service they are idling or driving around for one officer's full shift, be that 8, 10, 12 hours or more. When their shift is done, the car gets to be turned off for maybe a half an hour while paperwork gets done inside the sheriff's office. Then the next officer hops in the car and away they go. Apart from this small respite, the normal patrol cars are only turned off for maintenance. This may be a more extreme use example because the township police where I live have had their Charger for five years.

I've been seeing a few of these and I'm surprised they're already being tossed out by PDs after only a few years. How many miles does it have?

My brother-in-law works part-time for Kent County Police Department, and he said the department replaces each car after about a year of service because in day to day service they are idling or driving around for one officer's full shift, be that 8, 10, 12 hours or more. When their shift is done, the car gets to be turned off for maybe a half an hour while paperwork gets done inside the sheriff's office. Then the next officer hops in the car and away they go. Apart from this small respite, the normal patrol cars are only turned off for maintenance. This may be a more extreme use example because the township police where I live have had their Charger for five years.

Yup, and as such, the average is around 100k miles. Which is nearly the same here in Canada, well, Ontario; I can't speak for other provinces.

There's an auction here called the North Toronto Auction that happens every other Saturday. There's decommissioned squad cars almost every week.

Depending on what you go for, the Crown Vics have the most kms. The lowest I've seen on a given day was 180k km on the odo.

The Chevy Tahoe is usually an O.P.P. vehicle (highway patrol) so they around 150-180k km.

The Chargers, again depending on whether it was a city patrol or a highway patrol (most are highway), have 160-190k km.

The Tuarus, local, had an a average of 120-150k km. The highway patrol had an average of 140-180k km.

Source: personal findings. Used to frequent the auction until I bought Taylor. Would often look at the Crown Vics and Tauruses for a possible buy.

There's a public auction tomorrow as well if anyone is interested to check.

The squad cars usually appear in the winter or late fall. From a quick browse all I could see is a Tahoe with around 190k km

Last edited:
My current car; 2012 Audi S4 3.0TFSi

Had it for about 3 months now and loving every minute of it. The only mod I've made is a stage 2 remap, car currently puts out 440bhp and 400lb-ft torque.
I'm considering making some cosmetic changes; remove the chrome trim and replace it with black, as well as paint the wheels much darker. Beyond that I'm extremely happy with it as it sits. So much fun to drive but also pretty big and practical. Thirsty car that gets around 25mpg if I'm careful, but it's so much fun I don't care.

View attachment 674168 View attachment 674169 View attachment 674170

Did it come with those wheels standard? Seems strange seeing a new S4 on old RS4 style wheels.

Did it come with those wheels standard? Seems strange seeing a new S4 on old RS4 style wheels.

I've no idea :D
I do like the wheels though so plan to keep them, although I'm going to change the colour.

Back