Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
Haven't done anything to my car to warrant any pictures, but decided since I haven't posted in a while, I'd do an update.

DSC01885.JPG

Planning a few things for this. One being new headlamps; my eyes are always drawn to the driver's side housing... Cloudy as ever. Also want new fog lamps, rims, and to paint it red with a dark gray two-tone. I'm thinking about lowering it also to make it feel 'sportier'

I was going through my Photobucket albums because I have to save all my pictures elsewhere now, I found this picture. I don't recall posting it here, so here you go.

20151204_121451_zpsbuat50lw.jpg

That is the biggest trailer they have at U-Haul, and I think the biggest trailer that has ever been hooked to that truck, too. She's had a pretty easy life, that is for sure. :lol:

A long series of test drives that ultimately led to RJ (Riley Jr.). It's been a trouble-free 1.5 years of ownership, and am thrilled every chance I get to drive it.

Cars that I test drove :

- Honda S2000 AP1
- Honda S2000 AP2
- Nissan 370Z
- BMW Z4 2.5 (1st gen)
- BMW Z4 3.0si (1st gen)
- Corvette C6 base
- Mazda RX-8
- Miata ND
- Porsche Boxter S (2nd gen.)
- Porsche Cayman (1st gen.)

A very fun-filled journey!

20171014_174441.jpg
20171014_174510.jpg
20171014_174601.jpg
20171014_174841.jpg
20171014_174720.jpg

Last edited:
The last evolution of the design, my 940 Classic (basically Turbo with a fancy dress on) - with this model ended the long line of RWD Volvos.

940_130417.jpg

Looks tidy! I've always kind of preferred the look of the 740, but it seems like the 900 Series is an all around better car. Does the 940 still have a B230F?

--

So changed the plugs and wires out on this and plugged off some mystery vacuum ports, and it seemed to be running great in the higher RPM range finally. Went out for a drive with a buddy and started having what seemed like fuel cutting issues when he was driving it back on some twisty roads, stalled out on us three times before getting it home.

IMG_0619.JPG

Will test the regulator, but think the tank needs to come out. Curious if the sender is messed up as the gauge also doesn't work, I highly doubt an 80s Toyota fuel pump would quit at 85k.
IMG_0620.JPG

Yay

Looks tidy! I've always kind of preferred the look of the 740, but it seems like the 900 Series is an all around better car. Does the 940 still have a B230F?

Redblocks from the beginning to the end. The very early series did have a B230F but it quickly evolved into the B230FB with a better head and cam, some had the 16V B234F, however most of the 940s had either the B230FK low pressure or the B230FT full pressure turbo engine.

Mines the RS Twingo 133. Next to my friends tuned Seat Leon Cupar FR.
View attachment 686024

What's the Twingo like? Someone at my college had a black Twingo RS and I thought it looked lovely. I considered getting one myself, but I couldn't justify it because it was still a Renault at the end of the day and I didn't want typical French car problems. :lol:

What's the Twingo like? Someone at my college had a black Twingo RS and I thought it looked lovely. I considered getting one myself, but I couldn't justify it because it was still a Renault at the end of the day and I didn't want typical French car problems. :lol:

I absolutely love it. I’ve been driving a Twingo GT for the past few weeks prior to collecting the RS. Both are nice to drive, the RS has more comfortable seats and firmer suspension than the GT and is of course a lot faster.

It goes fast, handles brilliantly, has a few squeaks which are pretty standard for twingos, mainly from the rear seats but I wouldn’t change it for anything at the moment. If you want to get some fast thrills on a budget it’s a very good choice.

Back