Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
38719843532_0fef0a540c_h.jpg

38719845562_a30cd46dca_h.jpg

pniBKOw.jpg

Closing in on 300K for the '85 300D. Filled her up today and she still gets 30+mpg. Not bad for a 32 year old lump of steel.

She's gonna be good for another 200k.
I've seen 1mil km Benzes back home. They're really common.

Regular maintenance and that's it.

Finally got my license (anxiety held me back until a couple of weeks ago, I'm 22), and went and got my Pop's truck. Pop is what I call my grandfather. He has terminal cancer and not sure how long he has left. He taught me how to drive in this truck, so needless to say, this truck means the world to me. He's like my best friend. Onto the truck. It's a 1986 Nissan D21 Custom. Has the V6 instead of the 4-cylinder. Has an larger oil pan, granny low gearing, and a long bed. I believe there's one or two other things, but can't think of them right now. He was rear ended a few years ago and it's gonna cost $2,100 to get everything that was messed up from that fixed. Seems like a lot, but with what this truck means to me, I'll pay it. Also need to get the speedo fixed, alignment, and the tires balanced. The truck only has 155K miles. Not much compared to some of you guys, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.View attachment 673399View attachment 673400View attachment 673401View attachment 673402

Unfortunately, we lost Pop yesterday morning. I hope that one day, he'd be proud of the man I've become. I'm kicking myself because I didn't see him for about a week before he went downhill. I was expecting more warning signs and there to be more time. I was wrong, and I'll never forgive myself for not getting over there one last time before he basically went into a coma. I'll always love him, he'll forever be missed, and I'll always cherish the times I shared with him.

She's gonna be good for another 200k.
I've seen 1mil km Benzes back home. They're really common.

Regular maintenance and that's it.

Oh, absolutely. A friend of mine has an early eighties diesel wagon that has been in his family since brand new and I believe it just turned 450K miles. The only issues I've had with my '85 is a few small oil leaks, which I've fixed, and some vacuum line issues. I'll never understand why Mercedes decided everything on this car should be run by vacuum, but it makes troubleshooting a pain in the ass. Right now, most of the time it shuts off with the key perfectly fine, sometimes and will take 5 or more seconds to shut off and even more rarely, it won't shut off with the key at all and I have to open the hood and use the manual kill switch. The tranny is also starting to shift a little late for my liking, and yep, you guessed it, that is controlled by a vacuum line too. :lol:

I've been very tempted to buy a manual 240D and swap the tranny over to my 300D, but that project will have to wait.

I drive with my left foot after losing most of my right leg in an motorcycle accident. The right foot one stays so my wife and mechanics can still drive it (it's not functional when the left one is active and vice versa). :)👍

Wow, I've driven a couple of cars retrofitted with hand controls for both pedals, but I never imagined a scenario where the pedals just needed to be rearranged. That's pretty cool.

Wow, I've driven a couple of cars retrofitted with hand controls for both pedals, but I never imagined a scenario where the pedals just needed to be rearranged. That's pretty cool.
:cheers: Next modification, wheelchair loader (only needed for longer hauls but still, I can't wait :drool:). The wheelchair in this is very similar to mine and this mod will give me back total independence. :)

The thing about winter in Phoenix is that it looks exactly the same as it does in the summer.

39015623741_880cc3aa64_h.jpg

38299791934_513aebf0fc_h.jpg

The driver of the Ram was practicing his car karaoke at this time

24151931907_8fa9d20131_h.jpg

The trail of dried water has proven to be the most difficult aspect of upkeep so far; the other side dries fine, but the driver's side mirror continues to elude me

25145307678_37d58d7d89_h.jpg

I do wish the color was a little more blue than gray, but this is my favorite color for the seventh gen Accord. Also, it's hard to see, but the two caps on the license plate frame are little Hs

38299807744_86d863c18b_h.jpg

Got rid of my Grand Prix after 5 years of owning it. Lady pulled out as I was going through a green light as it just changed from red to green I tried to swerve but she still hit me on the passenger side. It was too much to fix so we crushed it.
3ACF544E-AC6F-4021-9504-312BD9DFC516.jpeg

Got this 2013 FWD Ford Fusion Titanium for my replacement. Was a two owner car with a clean title no accidents just a few scratches.
5D5287AC-0EC6-4DA2-BF73-D9C08384B9C8.jpeg
9D74FDD9-350C-4CF3-8A3F-90F644938F79.png
5D6177BC-8931-42A0-9683-042B7456DDB2.png

We had to collect it Thursday because of snow but we bought it a week ago on Saturday. I love it so far. First turbo car and first car with paddle shifts for us. Rest of the titanium’s we were looking at were $13,000 and up with lower miles this one was the cheapest one we could find locally with the good rims like that.

Last edited:
Dang, not a bad price at all! It seems like Todd Weasel's isn't too terrible for used pricing. My brother was looking at buying a used Charger from them before he got an insurance quote. Apparently Allstate doesn't like the idea of a 22 year old having a Charger R/T.

Dang, not a bad price at all! It seems like Todd Weasel's isn't too terrible for used pricing. My brother was looking at buying a used Charger from them before he got an insurance quote. Apparently Allstate doesn't like the idea of a 22 year old having a Charger R/T.
Like I said we didn’t do a ton of looking but the ones we saw with lower miles in that good of condidtion and spec were $13,000 to $15,000 used. Not sure if there were lower priced ones with higher miles and in that condition. My Grand Prix was $10,500 with 74,000 miles on it when we bought it at Todd too but in their Hudsonville location. I’m 25 but the car is under my moms insurance.

Last edited:
Back