Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
Here’s a few more of my French baguette.
It’s dead stock by the way apart from tires (AD08r) and I just love it. Only thing I dislike is the OEM exhaust, it’s too silent.

8EE4AF61-E8F2-40E1-AA7B-49DD0A1EA494.jpeg

0E57ADF0-8BE3-4501-843D-C6BBEE186BCC.jpeg

0E139437-230F-43FF-9EAE-5CBE79E1D880.jpeg

53E0EAA1-B4DF-4971-A8C5-81A5EAED7A94.jpeg

Last edited:
@GDII any improvements and favourable byproducts (sound)?
Doesn't seem to go any better and on throttle can get loud. Depends on the RPM. The 3S engine is inherently unbalanced so vibrates and makes a pretty intense buzzing sound.

This is the single exit TRD 3SGE muffler but it sort of sounds the same is is as loud but that clip is pushing the car really hard, not typical daily lower speed slow acceleration sounds. 1,750RPM is quite bad.
This one appears to be an NZ video but it's the GEN3 3SGE rather than the GEN2 but does sound the same when you drive it like this. I don't due to it being so loud.

@GDII any improvements and favourable byproducts (sound)?
I didn't notice any improvements in power mostly because it's so loud I never really got into it much. The smell of fuel was worse and different and the oil burning would have smoke coming out when stopped in traffic. That smell was far more obvious too. So the catalytic converter does work quite well.

Pros:
It does at some RPMs have a nice performance car rumble to it. But only warm idle and very light cruising throttle on flat roads.
It looked amazing.
It would make a pop noise when lifting off the throttle but only one per event and very quiet. That was quite appealing and did make me smile.

Cons:
Too loud and I'm sure it annoyed the neighborhood, I like my neighbors.
It actually sounds horrendously terrible and at some RPMs sounds like it has a big leak in the exhaust system even though it had no leaks vs the OEM system. It just buzzes like an angry wasp and doesn't sound good at all.
It got oil on it from the leaky oil pump on the engine.
It got tar melted onto it making it very hard to clean.
The smell and amount of oil smoke coming out the back was terrible.

So I took it off and put the OEM muffler and cat back on. It will have to wait until there is a turbo attached to the car first before this goes back on. It's only 4 bolts if I really want to swap it out again.

Back