• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,433 comments
Went to the Jägala waterfall. =)

yzrdu9K6Nn4.jpg

cUNoBLRwHn0.jpg

jVuiRoIEXdA.jpg

Went to the Jägala waterfall. =)

yzrdu9K6Nn4.jpg
This car looks like a blast to drive. I really wish the U.S. would get more compact cars like this. Which reminds me how sad I feel about the GR Yaris not coming here as it would have been an instant buy for me.

This car looks like a blast to drive. I really wish the U.S. would get more compact cars like this. Which reminds me how sad I feel about the GR Yaris not coming here as it would have been an instant buy for me.
Um.... uh... <_<'
Well... you will probably definitely going to be disappointed. xD
You drive a Ford Fiesta ST. =)
And this is a Yaris Hybrid GR SPORT. It's not the limited edition Yaris GRMN supercharged hot hatch. It is... well, it was the first affordable GR car in 2019.
It has the standard 100 hp HSD system with the e-CVT transmission.
The GR SPORT trim adds the sport suspension and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres from the GRMN car, 17-inch wheels, ultrasuede sport seats, a steering wheel from the GT86 and some various styling and color elements.
The official acceleration from 0 to 100 km\h is 11,8 seconds. It sticks to the ground but not that powerful as your Fiesta ST. =)
BTW, I'm using Yokohama IceGuard IG60 studless winter tires right now.

So yeah... I don't think that you will find this car a blast to drive. X)

Um.... uh... <_<'
Well... you will probably definitely going to be disappointed. xD
Hey, I said it looks like a blast to drive. :sly:

Honestly, I didn't know much about the car, just thought it might be on the same level as the Fiesta ST in terms of power and stuff. It still can be fun, right? I've driven cars with very little power that were still a lot of fun to whip around corners (I have never driven a car with a CVT transmission, so I can't speak on that). Some good tires on a relatively lightweight car is more appealing than power, in my opinion.

Hey, I said it looks like a blast to drive. :sly:

Honestly, I didn't know much about the car, just thought it might be on the same level as the Fiesta ST in terms of power and stuff. It still can be fun, right? I've driven cars with very little power that were still a lot of fun to whip around corners (I have never driven a car with a CVT transmission, so I can't speak on that). Some good tires on a relatively lightweight car is more appealing than power, in my opinion.
Haha, yeah, I agree. X)

But you said that you visited the Yosemite road on a Prius. It has the same e-CVT drive.

But you said that you visited the Yosemite road on a Prius. It has the same e-CVT drive.
I completely forgot about that lol. Well, I had no complaints about the Prius, but the roads in and around Yosemite Valley can probably be fun in any car.

I completely forgot about that lol. Well, I had no complaints about the Prius, but the roads in and around Yosemite Valley can probably be fun in any car.
I think that if the sound insulation is adequate then the cvt won't bother you. The main complains are the engine sound that stays at the same rpm when you accelerate hard. And actually, when I took the Yaris on a test drive, they gave me a cheaper model that had worse sound insulation and the noise was very noticeable, but in this one it's much better. You will only hear the engine when you floor it and... I kinda like how it sounds in this one. The faint electric whine on the deceleration and a distant low noise of the 4-cylinder on acceleration... I still miss the 3-pot sound of Aygo. That car sounded really good. X)
And the driving is very smooth without gear changes.
Here's a vid I made last summer)

Last edited:
The local weather likes to throw around the word "freezing rain" like it's going out of style, but this time they were not exaggerating.
20210213_165327.jpg

20210213_165246(1).jpg

20210213_165352(1).jpg

20210213_165405.jpg

Probably didn't help that I wasn't around to clear the snow from a couple days prior before the rain started.

Well my brother, father and I dropped the trans out of the GTO to do the clutch.
519DD580-F20F-4E51-9A26-9B16A9479A68.jpeg
DD189D0C-23DB-4FEF-9957-09F107E99965.jpeg
DB17E648-3693-417B-834A-825E6080403A.jpeg
534ECFF9-B25E-41E6-B56A-71D4C1D37445.jpeg

My truck is still up on the trailer from when we needed to make room in the driveway for the roofing guys dumpster. once more snowmelt happens I hope to get it down and stick it somewhere I can work on it

Last edited:
The thing has been awoken from slumber. Getting it off the trailer tomorrow, finishing my front end work, doing the wheel bearing and then Ill be pretty much daily driving it in the warm weather

Last edited:
Back