Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
IMG_20200402_164724.jpg

Finished up the sides and front. Still need to do the roof and rear.
IMG_20200410_131307.jpg

The OEM MOMO wheel is nice to use.

IMG_20200410_140308.jpg

Engine bay cleans up nice. The mighty 4AFE.

IMG_20200410_143448.jpg

23 years of dirt under the boot carpet.

IMG_20200410_145533.jpg

Cleaned up ok.
IMG_20200410_145537.jpg

I also vacuumed all the dog hair out of the carpets. Looks so much nicer. No photos though.

I put some fresh Pilot 4S tires on the rear and got my new camera in last week, finally got a day to play around with it and seeing as it came with a 10-22mm lens, I felt this might've been in order...
About to hit 87k miles already. Where does time go...
View attachment 755730
Man, it's been a minute... made the switch a few months ago. Put it to work plenty of times already.
20200315_195853.jpg
20200315_195704.jpg

With no one being able to go anywhere, here's a picture from when @SVX and I went to a cars & coffee a few months ago.

sized.jpg

This Viper parked next (near) to us, we hoped maybe it would help bring attention to our equally exciting and exclusive cars... It didn't, we were still ignored. But then SVX hatched a master plan! He opened his bonnet, revealing the beastly 1.5 liter engine! It didn't work and we'd become bored, so we left.

I really have nothing to do now...

Congratulations. You picked well. That old Rambler Six was a real workhorse of an engine. It was even used in an Indy car back in the 1960s, built by the great Barney Navarro.
Thanks a lot! It has 194k miles and the engine is quiet and smooth, its just past its break in period, lol. I did not know that the origin of the 4.0 dated all the way back to the 60's, its impressive how they got such power out of that engine at the time.

Not a great quality picture so it may be hard to tell, but for the first time since I bought the car I gave it a good wash and wax. Also buffed out a few minor scratches here and there.

49912317898_08eed2175c_b.jpg
Nice license plate! Too bad NJ charges you a fortune to personalize it.

How much do they charge for personalized plates?

They charge $220 up front CAD in Ontario, Canada. Regular plates are around $120 CAD (I forgot if that was for two year registration or for one year)

In Quebec, vanity plates are $250 CAD up front and $34/year to renew. That's on top of the other fees based on weight, and engine size/cylinder count.

Last edited:
How much do they charge for personalized plates?

They charge $220 up front CAD in Ontario, Canada. Regular plates are around $120 CAD (I forgot if that was for two year registration or for one year)

In Quebec, vanity plates are $250 CAD up front and $34/year to renew. That's on top of the other fees based on weight, and engine size/cylinder count.
Wow, it's quite expensive in Canada! It most definitely isn't worth it, I say, but neither are most cosmetic mods for cars. Just a personal touch, really.

I don't know how much standard plates cost in my state, because if I recall, the cost is included in registration fees and that's maybe $100 USD or so total. To get a personalized plate in CT, first you must register the car and receive standard plates then pay an additional ~$90 for the new personal plates. So, all is said and done, it's probably close to $200 or so in Connecticut and renewing registration every 3 years costs $120 regardless of whether the plate is standard or personal.

Wow, it's quite expensive in Canada! It most definitely isn't worth it, I say, but neither are most cosmetic mods for cars. Just a personal touch, really.

I don't know how much standard plates cost in my state, because if I recall, the cost is included in registration fees and that's maybe $100 USD or so total. To get a personalized plate in CT, first you must register the car and receive standard plates then pay an additional ~$90 for the new personal plates. So, all is said and done, it's probably close to $200 or so in Connecticut and renewing registration every 3 years costs $120 regardless of whether the plate is standard or personal.
That's quite expensive...... That's cute, good one guys. We pay anywhere from $600NZD to $2500NZD so about $512CAD to $2135CAD and $370USD to $1530USD as it stands today.

Back