Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,433 comments
At least it isn't this one:

s-l640.jpg

Got this 2014 370Z Roadster to cheer myself up. Only 24,000 miles, one owner. My regular Nissan dealer sold me a factory bumper to bumper warranty for seven years or 70,000 miles. Found it on eBay in Escondido. Picture is of transporter picking it up from seller for delivery. Color is Black Cherry and now has new set of Potenzas one size taller so I don’t scrape coming out of driveways.

Attachments

• 45A9C23E-4AA5-46C2-8298-5DCA472136D7.jpeg
    45A9C23E-4AA5-46C2-8298-5DCA472136D7.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 57731770-751C-4B5D-9B40-90955F5C7F43.jpeg
    57731770-751C-4B5D-9B40-90955F5C7F43.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
They changed it from the Pillsbury Doughboy steering wheel after a year because they wanted to add media controls for the radio and the Cobalt had them and the Corvette wheel didn't.

Recently sold the MX-5 and picked this up as a replacement:

50363405307_6dc65400d5_b.jpg

Tow bar is now removed and I've polished up the exhaust tips since taking this photo. Seem to be having some trouble with the gearbox though at the moment, so until I can take it to a garage, it's not getting driven. Saves me some fuel money at least...

Recently sold the MX-5 and picked this up as a replacement:

50363405307_6dc65400d5_b.jpg

Tow bar is now removed and I've polished up the exhaust tips since taking this photo. Seem to be having some trouble with the gearbox though at the moment, so until I can take it to a garage, it's not getting driven. Saves me some fuel money at least...

That's quite a departure from the little Mazda! What spurred on that decision?

Also what's the gearbox doing?

That's quite a departure from the little Mazda! What spurred on that decision?

Also what's the gearbox doing?
I’ve fancied a GS for a while now, crazy amount of car for so little money! Planning on buying a house next year so thought I’d get it out my system now!

Was driving it the other day and it vibrated at a certain speed, did it twice, hasn’t done it before or since so not sure what it is. Don’t want to make it worse though.

I’ve fancied a GS for a while now, crazy amount of car for so little money! Planning on buying a house next year so thought I’d get it out my system now!

Was driving it the other day and it vibrated at a certain speed, did it twice, hasn’t done it before or since so not sure what it is. Don’t want to make it worse though.

That's a bit odd eh.. might just need a service.

Congrats, I've always liked how those GS looked.

*Goes and looks up prices of GS*
*Hot damn, ok. Hm, that was not a good idea*

Maybe trans fluid wasn't warmed up properly. Can you do a transmission fluid change? I hope you can anyway, on some cars the transmission fluid is not accessible.

Just picked up this thing on Friday, love it so far. Wasn't sure about getting the DSG transmission but having launch control helped sway me, and I wont have to teach my wife how to drive it. Though it also means I need to find something real cheap to teach her and the kids with now.

62241069320__25F5FEDB-D235-4E37-B756-C8BEF7F36E7D.JPEG

62241070465__E4D0D4C2-5ED8-439F-8DEA-6D85F4591CF4.JPEG

Did a really cool photo/video shoot with Falken Tire this weekend at Gridlife! It was a highlight to an otherwise tough event figuring out issues with the new supercharged engine setup.
99646EA1-6BCC-4B42-9BAD-5E82A517C038.jpeg
86774CFB-18F4-4D15-A340-A84FCCB6BF8C.jpeg

Attachments

• DC1D7BD8-AC2E-4D19-8B18-34279960B9FB.jpeg
    DC1D7BD8-AC2E-4D19-8B18-34279960B9FB.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 32168CBD-3166-4239-ADD5-26368309E575.jpeg
    32168CBD-3166-4239-ADD5-26368309E575.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
Spent a couple hours with a buffer, some wax, and some polish the other day and I'm very pleased with the results
IMG_0147.JPEG
vlcsnap-2020-10-07-21h25m26s415.png

Of course, as is tradition for most of the east coast, the forecast was wrong and it rained the next day.
IMG_0165.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course, as is tradition for most of the east coast, the forecast was wrong and it rained the next day.

There are a lot of things I miss about MD this time of the year, but I'm very happy to have no chance of rain in my forecast for the next two weeks :lol:

Wasn't entirely sure where to post these, but figured it was suitable enough here. Took a vacation to Vermont to "get away" from things. Decided that part of my "goal" with the vacation would be to recreate Gran Turismo Scape locations with my own GTI. Did my best to recreate the angles, but the vegetation had changed a little, lighting isn't quite as similar, and my GTI is a later facelifted 7.5 four door and GT Sport has a pre-facelift two door.
gt_sport_vs_real_life__mt__equinox_downhill__by_medigoflame_de6o7u9-fullview.jpg

gt_sport_vs_real_life__mt__equinox_uphill__by_medigoflame_de6p1kt-fullview.jpg

gt_sport_vs_real_life__mt__equinox_side_lot__by_medigoflame_de6p1mo-fullview.jpg

gt_sport_vs_real_life__molly_stark_trail__by_medigoflame_de6jtak-fullview.jpg

Wasn't entirely sure where to post these, but figured it was suitable enough here. Took a vacation to Vermont to "get away" from things. Decided that part of my "goal" with the vacation would be to recreate Gran Turismo Scape locations with my own GTI. Did my best to recreate the angles, but the vegetation had changed a little, lighting isn't quite as similar, and my GTI is a later facelifted 7.5 four door and GT Sport has a pre-facelift two door.
gt_sport_vs_real_life__mt__equinox_downhill__by_medigoflame_de6o7u9-fullview.jpg

gt_sport_vs_real_life__mt__equinox_side_lot__by_medigoflame_de6p1mo-fullview.jpg

Bravo! Nice to see you were able to achieve this with your Golf especially matching the time of year. Vermont does have some beautiful scenery. Amazing how PD can blend the 3D models with a photograph so nicely.

That's simply amazing! 0_0

Back