Post a video of your real car

• Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 228 comments
Turned an iPhone mount into a dashcam today... sorta worked, sounds not so great, and ended up falling off. I had the windows down, but I noticed how sketchy the mount was, so I rolled them up later on in the video. (muffled sound :( )

Anyways, here it is:

Good thing I rolled the windows up, too. The camera fell off of my dash and smacked the trim just below the window. :scared:

So I found an old video from 2011 when we went to Rally GB. This was the 'road' (if you can call it that) up to the car park at the Sweet Lamb stage. My dad's friend's old Audi S3 also stars.

Listen with bass for extra Bruiser sound

inb4nosteeringwheelyo

Here's a Go Pro video of me driving the Skyline around a gymkhana course. I had no chance of getting a good time due to time multipliers so I just gave it a good, fun thrashing :)

What's under the car cover?

In the driveway? It's just our popup camper under a tarp.

You can see it in this picture:

IMG_1862_zps3eb5ed1b.jpg

Muffler number 5...lol. I have the loud muffler in the video posted above, but need a quiet muffler because the other is just too loud for any extended period of time. I've juggled all of the mufflers available in the US and finally got my hands on this version. I think the tips looks the best and the sound is just perfect.

Here are a couple of videos of me playing chase with some friends in the insanely gorgeous mountains of Arkansas. This is a super old video shot in 2008 when car was completely stock. Lots of sitting and waiting for traffic to clear, but there are some good runs in there.

4:50 on this one is where it starts to get fun.

4:50 on this one as well...weird. =)

Here's one with my new GoPro Hero3+ mounted via a suction cup to the underside of my 997 Targa 4S's glass roof.

It was the final afternoon of an international racing licence course at Hockenheim. Free training with overtaking allowed anywhere except into the hairpin after the Parabolica. The white GT-R that I caught up was driving like he was out for a Sunday cruise, so I dived inside him into the Sachs 180° corner.

He didn't like that at all! He stormed passed me ASAP, but then went a bit mild again, so I kept him honest until he got tired and let me pass.

The GoPro is far better than my old one. Love the fact that you can use a smart phone as a TV screen/remote for it 👍

Full HD, so you can view it full screen.

Ahhh SpeedyK. Long time not seen you here. Nice vid. Keep them coming with such a nice garage you have 👍

^Post your funeral vid mate. I found that one fantastic even though the car is only featured in the end...

A cold start of my truck. Didn't use my grid heaters in the video, just jumped in and started cranking.

My last car was from 1989 so shush. :P

Harumph, my M5 doesn't do that. I have to manually turn the key in the driver side door lock to get windows to open and close.

Yeah buts an M5 :P not being able to do it doesn't make the 5 litre V8 shrivel up and die.

So a found a cool feature of my car that makes me feel like James Bond.

My car does that too, but everyone that I show thinks that it's entirely useless.

--

And I forgot to post this video here when I made it:

Used an iphone that rattles like hell, and forgive the slow clutchwork because I was wearing some chunky sandals.

Last edited:
And I forgot to post this video here when I made it:

Used an iphone that rattles like hell, and forgive the slow clutchwork because I was wearing some chunky sandals.

I'm so making a video like this the first time I drive Bruiser on my own. :D

Also, how tall are you? I'm not sure if it's just the position of the camera or what but you look rather puny behind the wheel. :lol:

Says 5ft tall me.

Back