Post a video of your real car

• Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 228 comments
I've got some GoPro footage coming... :D

@Bopop4, what do you guys (motorcycle guys) run for lap times at TMP Cayuga? I ran a 1:35.93 in my car today... Not bad... :)

I've got some GoPro footage coming... :D

@Bopop4, what do you guys (motorcycle guys) run for lap times at TMP Cayuga? I ran a 1:35.93 in my car today... Not bad... :)
No idea, never ran there.

I did run a low 1:08 on the Shannonville Pro configuration if that helps.

Edit: Seems that a 1:15 is a good time around Cayuga.

Last edited:
I thought so; I knew my car was/is somewhat slow, but - as far as cars go - 1:35 is not bad/pretty fast. A lot of guys were mired in 36s-40s all day...

I found an old video of mine; 408+ views now... You might like it.

Having seen the underside of the Legacy, there's a chance an exhaust like this could fit on your car (although maybe not the exact one.) It doesn't add much power, if any (dyno results are negligable, leading to some doubt,) but the sound is still very lovely.

Roughly how long did you drive for to get 3 minutes of time-lapse footage?
I can't quite remember... I guess about an hour? I did cut some of the footage out when I was stuck in that queue of traffic, so I can't really give you an accurate answer sorry.

I can't quite remember... I guess about an hour? I did cut some of the footage out when I was stuck in that queue of traffic, so I can't really give you an accurate answer sorry.

No, no, that's fine. I was just wondering for when I eventually get round to making my own... if I ever do :lol:. Is it an actual time-lapse video using photos or just sped up and made to look like a time-lapse?

nice! Why the fuel pump? Also, I can pretty much see your plate when the video fades away. If your intention was to not show it, you might want to change that.

Thanks you and the fuel pump is for the future upgrades, my stock one got tired so I figure I might as well upgrade while I had it out.

I noticed the plate at the end but I didnt think it was legible enough. Out of my own curiosity whats your guess? TBH I don't know why I hid it in the first place its not like I'm doing anything wrong, just felt like the thing to do.

Thanks you and the fuel pump is for the future upgrades, my stock one got tired so I figure I might as well upgrade while I had it out.

I noticed the plate at the end but I didnt think it was legible enough. Out of my own curiosity whats your guess? TBH I don't know why I hid it in the first place its not like I'm doing anything wrong, just felt like the thing to do.
Interesting. I can't read it now because I'm in the phone. I could see it pretty clearly in the computer, though. I used to censor my plate but thought that it really didn't make much of a difference. If people really want to find it, they probably will somehow in some picture you forgot to do it :lol:

No, no, that's fine. I was just wondering for when I eventually get round to making my own... if I ever do :lol:. Is it an actual time-lapse video using photos or just sped up and made to look like a time-lapse?
It was one of the time-lapse settings on the Gopro hero 3. It worked really well, you should definitely give it a go.

It saves it all as photos and you can just combine them using the software which comes with the gopro. 👍

I wanted to make a 6 minute video, but didn't get the settings right. Couldn't be bothered driving all that way again to re-film it.

It was one of the time-lapse settings on the Gopro hero 3. It worked really well, you should definitely give it a go.

It saves it all as photos and you can just combine them using the software which comes with the gopro. 👍

Ah, I see. I don't have a GoPro unfortunately, just a budget version from Aldi. I'm not sure it has a time-lapse mode. :lol:

Re: blanking plates

I don't see the point in blanking out plates, really. I used to do it, but to be honest, if someone wants to clone a car or plate, they can just walk outside and find one on the street. Bruiser's plate has already been cloned once before anyway. Somebody used it on their Range Rover in Chelsea and got a parking ticket, which obviously was billed to us. We've never been to Chelsea, and Bruiser certainly isn't a Range Rover. :lol:

Re: blanking plates

I don't see the point in blanking out plates, really. I used to do it, but to be honest, if someone wants to clone a car or plate, they can just walk outside and find one on the street. Bruiser's plate has already been cloned once before anyway. Somebody used it on their Range Rover in Chelsea and got a parking ticket, which obviously was billed to us. We've never been to Chelsea, and Bruiser certainly isn't a Range Rover. :lol:
Does that happen a lot in UK?

Back