Post any interesting or odd race result in GT1

• Thread starter JaimePL
  • 10 comments
Poland
Warsaw
PatrickNUFC
I can't find similar thread, so I start this with result of All-Night SSR11 race:
DSC_0150.jpg

I can't find similar thread, so I start this with result of All-Night SSR11 race:
DSC_0150.jpg

I think the most unusual car I tried to win the Special Stage Route 11 Enduro with was the Subaru SVX, but I only came in 4th place. To be fair, my attempt was way back when I was a little kid though...

I'm more surprised that the R32 finished so far ahead of the Impreza rally car. Then again, I suppose it did have short gear ratios.

Hey Guys, I want to show you my three interesting (I hope) attempts to win Sports Car Championship and Mega Speed races in a bit "weird" cars. That's why I use Mazda Miata '89 (Japanese vs UK) model with racing modification, Dodge Copperhead (Japanese vs US) without racing modification and Nissan Primera '90 (Mega Speed) with racing modification.

MX5.JPG
Car.JPG
Primera.JPG

Competitors.JPG
Trial I.JPG
Trial II.JPG
SSR5 I.JPG
SSR5 II.JPG
HSR I.JPG
HSR II.JPG
GVE I.JPG
GVE II.JPG
SSR11 I.JPG
SSR11 II.JPG

Competitors.JPG
Trial I.JPG
Trial II.JPG
SSR5 I.JPG
SSR5 II.JPG
HSR I.JPG
HSR II.JPG
Sorry, but I forgot to make picture with race results:
1. Concept Car
2. [R] Impreza RLY Edition
3. [R] Corvette '96
4. [R] GTO TwinTurbo
5. [R] Nismo 400R
6. Concept Car
GVS II.JPG
SSR11 I.JPG
SSR11 II.JPG

Competitors.JPG
HSR I.JPG
HSR II.JPG
TC I.JPG
TC II.JPG
I start only once in qualifitaction session and I finished in good, 3rd place.
HSRR Q.JPG
HSRR I.JPG
HSRR II.JPG

For me the most frustrating competition was Mega Speed - I won the championship in 3rd attempt. In 1st attempt I forgot to reduce downforce at Test Course, in 2nd I have strongest lineup with R33, Supra, GTO and NSX starting together and I couldn't catch them at Test Course again, even win in last race wasn't very helpful.

It's hardly an interesting result in the sense of unusual but I did the 300km of Grand Valley Speedway and the starting grid looked like this:

[R] Castrol Toyota Supra
[R] Nissan R32 GT-R
[R] Honda NSX LM GT2
[R] Mitsubishi GTO Twinturbo
[R] Subaru Impreza Rally Car
[R] Toyota Chaser LM

I'm fairly certain that GT1 has a simple way of determining the opposition; instead of a random 5 cars from 12 possible opponents, there are 3 fixed pre-sets of 5. Usually it's two okay opposition like the Impreza or GTO and three backmarkers like the Corona Exiv, Lantis and Primera.

But I'd never seen anything as strong as that above ever. I still won but it took me 7 laps to take the lead and another 12 after that to cement it.

Just the JP version's programming :P
On tha version, cars that are super shaky and usually lagin behind don't do that, and since JP GT1 has FF cars that are much lighter than we got in the western countries, they are seriously quick in the turns. Add to that that it feels like the LM Editions' AIs are a little slower (or the FWD cars are that much faster) and then yeah. That Primera, I only lapped it once throughout the whole race, while I lapped the Impreza 6 times. JP GT1 is a different experience. Better if I dare say so. It has some unique glitches though. Very entertaining ones :P (wallriding and AI cars going through a few walls)

Last edited:
Back