Post any oddities you've noticed in GT 2

• Thread starter cerbera
  • 934 comments
On Autumn Ring's last corners there sometimes is and sometimes is not a spectators stands. 2 different races pictured

1647191141801.png
1647191156447.png

Last edited:
On Autumn Ring's last corners there sometimes is and sometimes is not a spectators stands. 2 different races pictured
Event Generator and manufacturer races sometimes pick the 2P version of Autumn Ring, which has several props like stands and signs removed to improve performance.

Last edited:
Reason is unknown, but presumed to be because of an error in the track pick. 2P Autumn Ring is the default track as it is the first in the track folder hierarchy.

Also between JP 1.0 & US 1.0, they added a Camaro Z28 as a potential opponent to the Tahiti Maze Dirt Event where you race the 206. Seems they were trying to add a second 206 Rally Car entry for the other colour livery and ended up putting the wrong car id (since that's what it was changed to for subsequent releases). I can't get it to appear though, no matter how many times I exit and restart the race.
I may have cracked that case: the Camaro is what you normally face in the Seattle Circuit endurance. The reason why it appears in Tahiti Maze in US v1.0 is that it's affected by the "shifted by one" mistake that also gets the Vector M12 LM, Citroën Xantia and others in the wrong races. It is the last car on the JP opponent list, and is followed by the Exxon 206 on the US list.

That is also the true reason why the ghost in that dirt event just kisses the wall in v1.0: it's essentially a Camaro trying to be a 206, which evidently goes wrong. Replacing the opponent parameter files allows it to finish the course.

unknown.png

Back