Post tuning requests here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start out by saying this site is great and exactly what i'm looking for.

Can someone help me out and give me the best settings for the CR-X del Sol? I know its not the best or fastest car in the game but it's what i own in real life and so i want it. Thanks.

These are not my setups. I don't remember where I got them, or I'd give credit to the people that did it. Hope you enjoy guys enjoy them.

Lotus Europa Special ‘71

NA Stage 3, all Weight Reduction, rollcage, 232 hp

Important: R2 tires front/R3 rear

springs---5.0/4.7
height--- 100/100
bound---- 4/4
rebound--- 8/8
camber--- 2.0/1.0
toe--- 0/-1
stab--- 4/4
ASMO-- 1
TCS--- 4
Brakes--- 9/11
LSD--- torque 10
accel 45
decel 55

Honda CR-X del Sol SiR ‘90

Stage I Turbo, 231hp, S2 tires

no rollcage
Spring 13.0/8.6
Height 95/95
Bound 4/2
Rebound 10/9
Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe 0/0
Stab 3/7
Brakes 6/17

Trans auto 10

Initial 25
Accel. 53
Decel. 23

NO ASM, TCS=1

Pete

Is there any hope for a Ginetta G4? I put in a 1.5 LSD and even racing suspension trying to get it to steer (what a waste of money so far...), tried ballasts front and back. I put a stage 2 turbo on, so its generating about 192 hp. Any ideas? I was going to run it in the british small car races. I don't use steering assists if at all possible, but do use Traction control as needed.

I am currently using the AMG Mercedes 190 E EvoII in the German Touring Car championship.

I don't have a complete set up, but try raising the ride height and softening the springs and dampers. I increased the LSD initial value to about 50% and set the Acc and Dec settings to around 33%. Rasing the ride height and softening the suspension appears to help riding the curbs and bumps. The LSD adjustment makes the car easier to turn.

These setting are working for me, although they are a WIP.

Sure does, bring that spoon a little closer there, eh?

Gigiani:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57275

Pete was gracious enough to run your search for you, after all it is a stickied thread.
//M-Spec should change his post to say: Run search or ask pmgolf in Rosso's thread.
I am just glad everyones happy and no one is spamming, please continue smiling. :)

If you'll notice - the only 787B I knew of at this site was the Black one, and there's no guarantee that the setup for that one would be exactly what the gentleman was looking for, so I posted a link to another site with exactly what he was looking for. *edited* Performing a Search would not have turned up that link.

What I don't understand is why it rattles you so when someone who is not committed to this site helps others. It's like they're invading YOUR site - *edited*.

If I can help anyone with information about a setup, I'll be glad to do it - *edited*.

-|GIGIANI|- stuck to the subject of this thread, and I didn't post a setup that might cause confusion from a Search, *edited*. Play nice!

Now - sticking to the subject of the thread *edited*:

Does anyone have a full race setup for a TVR T350? All I have been able to find is a partial setup.

Pete

pmgolf
If you'll notice - the only 787B I knew of at this site was the Black one, and there's no guarantee that the setup for that one would be exactly what the gentleman was looking for, so I posted a link to another site with exactly what he was looking for. (with exactly the car for which he was looking - if you're an English major.) Performing a Search would not have turned up that link.
I am not sure what you are refering to. My comments were directed obliquely at the new member who had blatantly ignored //M-Spec's stickied post. If you choose to spoon feed him, then, please, as I said above, continue smiling. I will advise that offsite linking can be construed as advertising, although it doesn't appear to be an issue here, advertising violates the Acceptable Use Policy
pmgolf
What I don't understand is why it rattles you so when someone who is not committed to this site helps others. It's like they're invading YOUR site - robbing you of the opportunity to hold yourself up on a pedestal and preach down to them like your idealistic, self-proclaimed pseudonym of "Reverend" would imply.
Actually, it was you Pete, who gave me the idea. You tell me (and others) what I am thinking, how people of this community must do things, take negative credit for comments not even directed at you, the moniker seemed appropriate:

pmgolf
People at this site don't lean toward being helpful. You guys lean toward preaching. "Read the manual." "Think of the scientific method behind brake pads pressing a rotor while weight is shifting yada - yada - yada." Some guys want a setup - not a sermon.
You read my 345 posts since march 13th, almost every one of them in the "Settings and Tuning" forum and have the audacity to compare yourself as "helpful".
pmgolf
-|GIGIANI|- stuck to the subject of this thread, and I didn't post a setup that might cause confusion from a Search, so your post was off-topic and unhelpful. You may have fun stirring up trouble, but please refrain from doing it at the expense of others. Play nice!
Gigiani clearly did not do as requested by an Admin. and I am perfectly within the restraints of the community to admonish him for such. I am beginning to suspect that you feel rules are there to be broken. I strongly advise you to re-read the AUP before you lash out again. Asking for settings for a TVR will not protect you from penalties for abusive posts. I formally request you stop making comments about my personality, my community and me in general. Aside from that, have a nice day.

Anybody got a good setup for the Nissan R390 road car? I've been searching but haven't found anything :ill:

Wow! I feel like I just got teleported into Iraq! Bullets flying....run for cover.....

rk, I had absolutely no problem with you saying:

Pete was gracious enough to run your search for you, after all it is a stickied thread.

It was nice, and also friendly. We're all here to help each other, right? But when you added:

//M-Spec should change his post to say: Run search or ask pmgolf in Rosso's thread.

That was mean-spirited and unnecessary. I took offense. I wish to help people, and I wish to abide by the rules. You and I both know that almost everyone here provides links to other sites. And of course it wasn't advertising - you only need to read the post to know that. I am sending you a PM. This Thread is not the place for us to be so verbally combative. And I am formally requesting that you stop trying to goad me into having a confrontation with you. I had much rather discuss the game than worry about people taking pot-shots at me. Keep on smiling!

I still want the setup for the TVR T350, if anyone's still reading this thread after all this useless stuff.

Still trying to be helpful,
Pete

Jumpputt: this is a link to the setup you're looking for. Its a defunct site. The setup works though. its the one I use.

http://gt4tuneshop.forumsplace.com/post-9084.html&highlight=r390#9084

This thread is not, and never was, an official tuning requests thread. The original author has not appeared since early April, and it is full of a lot of baggage and unnecessary sparring. So I think it's time this was put to bed.

Simply linking to a setup hosted on another site is not considered advertising. However, continually doing so as an effort to promote that particular site or to recruit members is considered advertising and is in bad form.

All future posters, please search for the name of the car for which you are looking. Limit the Search to 'thread titles only' on the 'GT4 Settings & Tuning' board at first. If that doesn't turn up what you want, try again and allow the search engine to look at body text as well as titles. If you don't find anything that way, then post a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back