Post your bike!

Park Tools's website is gold if you work on your own bike.

I actually got a front disc brake tonight for my bike since my P.1 Cromo only came with a rear brake. Of course, my front brake is stainless steel braided brake housing... and my rear brake is crappy stuff. So the rear brake feels like garbage in the cold.

I've just put a deposit down on this: 2006 Mongoose Amasa Comp

4913m6amasacompblu6fg.jpg

:D

Nice one Jammy, Gotta love Mongoose's! Hehe on campus one time me and my mate were coming out of one of the buildings and my friend says to me 'isn't that a bike tyre' in the bush. I go to where he is standing and see the bike tyre. My mate then goes towards the bike tyre in the bush and finds out its a Mongoose in good condition which has been dumped there!!!! Probably stolen and dumped - we alerted the wardens and they got it out and took it someplace else! Anyway thats the story the Mongoose reminded me off lol :D

I got my bike today, and what can I say? Pictures don't do it justice. :D I think I've spent more time just staring at it than riding it. :lol:

hucker696
I got 3 bikes a kona scab dirt jump bike
a specialized enduro expert my most riden bike
a felt f85 road bike

You got some pretty decent bikes, do you have pictures?

I have added a Barracuda Azzurri Road Race Bike to my growing collection :D

jammyozzy
I got my bike today, and what can I say? Pictures don't do it justice. :D I think I've spent more time just staring at it than riding it. :lol:
I just checked the details through the link you posted - very nice bike! 👍

Nice linkage 👍

Yeah the Barracuda is quite fast and its really light. I'm thinking of changing the gear levers from the frame onto the handlebars (like yours) so i can have a quicker gear shift and optimum performance :D, however i doubt my Racing bike would be as fast as your Felt F85 :scared:

F85_big_03.jpg

Now this loooks neat!! 👍

X5.
You got some pretty decent bikes, do you have pictures?

I have added a Barracuda Azzurri Road Race Bike to my growing collection :D

[image]

:scared: How tall are you?! An uh... doesn't that seat position bother you? :lol:

Nice bike btw, get some aero bars, go about 40mph (not pedaling), look back and see what happens. Note: don't try this on a narrow winding road :dopey:

I took that picture when i first got it, now i believe the seat is slightly higher :lol:. I'm currently 6 foot 1 - my feet can't touch the ground whilst stationery on the bike :scared:.

Aero bars are a no no and even with my normal handlebars i wouldn't look back at 40Mph, not unless i was fed up with life ;)

I wouldn't mind trying that on my Mountain bike and other road bike (Pics on last page) as the tyres are slightly bigger and the handlebars relatively easier to control!

X5.
Aero bars are a no no and even with my normal handlebars i wouldn't look back at 40Mph, not unless i was fed up with life ;)

Yeah... I almost learned that the hard way and now that I look back on it I'm surprized I'm alive... :scared:

Anyway, I'm glad you got the seat thing sorted out. :lol:

Your Dad's bike looks awesome! It's not lightweight is it?
I like the Aeros :P

Nice bike and frames hucker696, so the Felt you have is the one i posted above right?

You know what i meant by fast lol, you even said it yourself above!!!

hucker696
looks fast x5

I just meant looks fast relative to other bikes e.g when the same pressure is exerted on the pedals of yours as to a mountain bike - yours will go faster!!

Inevitably its down to the person as you said which is true! :D

X5.
Your Dad's bike looks awesome! It's not lightweight is it?
I like the Aeros :P

He has different wheels now but at the time it was light I thought. Now, my MTB weighs as much as his roadie if you can believe that. :lol:

FPS_nOOb
Now, my MTB weighs as much as his roadie if you can believe that. :lol:

Shocking, :lol: but i can relate to it as my Peugeot Racing bike is quite heavy and far outweighs my lightweight Falcon MTB :lol:.

Hehe, just found this thread again. Anyone still got a Land Rover?

I couldn't be bothered to go get it out of the garage and take some decent pics, so here's a useless one:

hucker696
Just got done riding the felt 32 miles 1 hour 35 mins

👍

How was the route like and what was the weather like? Me and my mates are planning on having a bikathon but that'll probably be in the Summer term!

At least it rains before you know you can't ride FPS :D, i'm always in the middle of riding before it starts to downpour!! 👎

hucker696
the weather was 80f light wind route was kinda flat I live in Fla USA most of the state is flat

Seems like you had very good conditions plus nice light winds. When i go onto campus it always seems that i'm riding into wind and its always strong. :grumpy:

my wife bought this for Christmas, been putting in 150+ miles per week.

Italian hand-made, Carbon Fibre stays and fork, Campagnolo group and 2005 team colours..

makes a nice change from mtb racing.

Back