Post your bike!

Yep, that's what I got. I have put alot of miles on mine, and it is'nt in the best condition.But it has gone through alot, like falls, crashes, rust...It even survived being hit by a car.

Hopefully I can get a new crank shaft and sprocket 'cuz mine are messed up. Everytime I go fast or up a hill my chain will fall off, and yes..I have tightend it many times. Its all because of my bent sprocket/crankshaft.:grumpy:

1191995099_l.jpg

my dirtbike then my custom built single speed Dirt Jumper in the back :sly:

My pushbike is a Harley Davison Signature, i have a pic, but i'll find it later

i aslo have an old Suzuki 75cc, pic also coming

My bike: GT fly
Year: 2003 (about)
Mods: Almost every thing is new because most of my parts have been broken. It is also set up differently than shown in the pictre, the handle bar risers have been put above th handle bar for greater lift in a bunny hop and i have lowered the seat a bit.

It is mostly used for transportation. But I do use it for Bmx and i am getting better at it. i still need to get some parts fixed. This bike routinely goes threw hell at local riding spots.

:(
Bad news, my bikes been stolen!!

*edit*

Anyway, my advice to you is to always lock up your bike and don't flash it around. I feel kind of angry knowing i cant have a nice bike just because of the area i live in.
I feel ya man. When I was 9 or 10 my dumbass friend left my bike on my front lawn and it was stolen in less than 5 minutes. We had a barbeque in my backyard and everything. It is partly my fault too because I was playing at his house (3 doors down) and left it in his back yard temporarily when I went to go get food. But when i came back he said be brought it back to my house and left it on the lawn. That was the last time i had that bike.:nervous:

Ahh I see. That fork is ok.

I like Marzocchi's design. If you get proper sage and your compression speed is the way you like it, raise the oil height until the bottoming quits...

Oh well. I ride a Pike still on a Gary Fisher PHD

I need new bushings, new seals, and a new bolt/rebound knob for the bottom of the right side... I might just grab a Manitou Gold Label instead of spending $100 on the Pike...

Ahh I see. That fork is ok.

I like Marzocchi's design. If you get proper sage and your compression speed is the way you like it, raise the oil height until the bottoming quits...

Oh well. I ride a Pike still on a Gary Fisher PHD

I need new bushings, new seals, and a new bolt/rebound knob for the bottom of the right side... I might just grab a Manitou Gold Label instead of spending $100 on the Pike...

At times I have contemplated selling it because I see so many new things on the market today, even though ive invested about 1000 buck on it, id be letting it go for about 675-700

Ill get pics as soon as I can, or if I even remember too:ouch:

i have this pretty good mountain bike. front and rear discs, rock shox judy c fork.

looks like that, but i got a black frame 👍

Well at least yours shows signs of use. Mine looks like a trailer queen compared to yours:grumpy:
I think dirty bikes look much better than clean ones.

My bike is a Planet X / X Games BMX bike, its got a huge but light, grey coloured frame, a vert type tyre on the rear, and a dirt tyre on the front.
At the moment, it's just sitting around, slowly breaking and it's got no brakes (I used to ride it around with no brakes).
I'll post up a picture of it tomorrow in this post. I'll also bring up some pictures of my (currently not going) motorbikes.

Is anyone here really good at big wheelies? I'm not trying to brag or boast or anything, but I once did a huge wheelie that was at least 200m long. That was on my old 18 speed mountain bike, and it was up a steady hill. I reckon that I could go for 500m on the back wheel, so long as it's on a nice road, and steady incline. I'll try to get a picture of me on the back wheel as well. 👍

I've ridden one for probably 600m. It was a total of 15 city blocks.

Went from granny ring and first in back to 3 and 6 in the back.

40mph wheelies are awesome. So are 7" hydraulic Avid Juicy 5 brakes.

Nice bike.

How much you pay for that?

Around NZ$ 2500... I could've found it cheaper on the interweb, but I chose to buy it just around the corner instead - That way I get 2 free checkups and they switched the brakes (to motorcycle style) which is a crappy job as they're hydraulic.

Flerbizky, check out MTBR Forums.

Hydraulic ARE the best out there, with a little bit of maintenance. About the same amount of maintenance as mechanical discs, just need a bleed kit and some oil.

Those brakes you got look like Hayes HFX 9's with the 6" rotor.

Boy, you better ride that bike or I'll beat you with a willow stick. By ride, I mean boosting big doubles and ruling the streets.

Cheers, and good luck with the bike.

Flerbizky, check out MTBR Forums.

Hydraulic ARE the best out there, with a little bit of maintenance. About the same amount of maintenance as mechanical discs, just need a bleed kit and some oil.

Those brakes you got look like Hayes HFX 9's with the 6" rotor.
You Sir, are correct - And they bite like nothing I've ever ridden before ('cept for the dual 6 pistons on the old Kwack) - Careful with the lever or you'll be eating tarmac doing 30 km/h... The only thing that's slightly annoying is that I can't seem to figure out how to pull stoppies like I could on the old POS.. I fear it sits much too low for that :-(

standard235
Boy, you better ride that bike or I'll beat you with a willow stick. By ride, I mean boosting big doubles and ruling the streets.
I'm planning too.. Wasn't originally, but I've picked up a helmet and is trying to find places to do some downhill - Terribly flat country we live in unfortunately... I wasn't originally planning on taking it off the streets, but the bike is just begging for it :-)

And I did manage to beat a Volvo T5 on the ride home today (just short of 7 km)

standard235
Cheers, and good luck with the bike.
Thanks - Am really enjoying it so far !...

Dual suspension's for sissies :P!

My bikes: A dark blue (black?) old Schwinn road bike that I used to run the streets in back in Bayside NY. After I completely screwed over the deralliuer going downhill while shifting while hitting a pothole, I adopted my dad's Ross Carrera road bike (purple and silver). When we left for cali, we took the 2 road bikes and my dad sold his yellow and red Trek road bike, and now my new ride is a gloss red Cannondale F5 :D. Already twisted the chain :( which caused it to screw up a lot and scratch the paint :banghead: but my dad fixed it :). I plan on runnin them streets again... and since I've hardly ever seen anyone riding road bikes in Walnut CA, probably due to the big hills, my Cannondale should do the job-- a lot of dirt trails and bikers here.

Ive taken a Dual suspension bike out on a road trip before, their ok for short journeys but I wouldn't recommend them for long distance, the bouncing really gets to you and every time you pedal it feels damped.

Guess who just paid £200 to get their bike repaired! :scared: :grumpy:

My otherwise fantastic bike came with a Truvatic Powerspline bottom bracket. 6 months of actually being ridden later, and the bottom bracket feels like it's full of gravel. It's also making making an odd creaking noise which freaked me the hell out the first time I heard it - First day out in too long and right after I land a 2 foot drop I get a creaking noise from around the pedals. I thought the downtube was coming away from the seat tube. :scared:

After hunting around and reading some reviews I discover that 6 months is actually quite a good lifespan for this particular bracket. :crazy: Phoned up my bike shop and, in my excitement decide to get something that should last just a tad longer. "Put a Shimano XT crakset on there."

"And while you're at it, can you replace the rear tyre? And give the brakes and cables a look too. Oh, it'll need a longer chain for the larger chainring? Sure..."

£200...It's amazing how quickly you can spend that much. :lol:

It was worth it though, my bike works again. :D It feels so much better than it did, and I should be all set for summer.

Guess who just paid £200 to get their bike repaired! :scared: :grumpy:

My otherwise fantastic bike came with a Truvatic Powerspline bottom bracket. 6 months of actually being ridden later, and the bottom bracket feels like it's full of gravel. It's also making making an odd creaking noise which freaked me the hell out the first time I heard it - First day out in too long and right after I land a 2 foot drop I get a creaking noise from around the pedals. I thought the downtube was coming away from the seat tube. :scared:

After hunting around and reading some reviews I discover that 6 months is actually quite a good lifespan for this particular bracket. :crazy: Phoned up my bike shop and, in my excitement decide to get something that should last just a tad longer. "Put a Shimano XT crakset on there."

"And while you're at it, can you replace the rear tyre? And give the brakes and cables a look too. Oh, it'll need a longer chain for the larger chainring? Sure..."

£200...It's amazing how quickly you can spend that much. :lol:

It was worth it though, my bike works again. :D It feels so much better than it did, and I should be all set for summer.
Have you got a pick of your old Truvativ bottom bracket?

I think I have the same one, and mine is making a cracking noise after 12 months... :nervous:

Here's my Giant XTC2
xtc2010yf2.jpg

xtc2007gc5.jpg

I'm not the most technical rider so XC riding suits me fine. I ride around 350km per week on my roadbike (a Giant OCR3 with Sora groupset) and ride the MTB one full day a week with my friends.

This aint a bike but it's pedal powered;
p1012664ms9.jpg

It weighs 20kg/ 44 pounds. Top speed is over 115km/h with a 72 tooth chain ring. We have been known to travel 1000km+ in 24hrs and have set 60km/h averages in public road based time trials. For more info check out the teams website, found in my profile.

If theres some interest I may post some vids etc.

Peace

Back