Post your bike!

cheers guys, yes my wife is generous, but so is Mr Visa. I do a 3 a week day commute to work @ 30 miles per time and try to put in 60+ on a Saturday.

I posted my MTBs at the beginning of this thread a couple of years back..

Some members so my club hit the magic 1200 miles per month.

X5.
That is one heck of a nice bike!! :drool:

You must have a really nice wife!!

150 miles plus per week. 👍

hucker696
we should make a tread about posting our ride to help motavate poeple to ride more,kinda like an on line riding log

I think that this is a really good idea, it would be good to get more people riding bikes so that they can see how fun it is, at the same time doing exercise and helping the environment.

On my University's website there is actually some job positions being advertised for those who feel passionate about cycling to help show others the benefits of cycling!

i was going to ride today but it's going to rain.I leave on tuesday to go to North Carolina,mountian biking in the smokeys for 5 days.

hucker696
i was going to ride today but it's going to rain.I leave on tuesday to go to North Carolina,mountian biking in the smokeys for 5 days.

you lucky, lucky b'stard. I have a friend how lives in that area and posts photos of his local trails...stunning..

on sunday i did a 65km road ride on my mtb. The forecast was for snow so i didnt want to take the road bike. Luckily it stayed sunny the whole time but very cold...blizzard came that afternoon while i was safely tucked in in the house.

I have been doing interval training at lunch time during work just a 50 min blast on the spinfit bikes. It has really been doing wonders for stamina. I cant reccomend it highly enough. Get a good instructor, someone who will puch you to the limit, dont work on your own.

this week we are doing a bit of mtb riding in the Scottish Highlands. Royal Deeside, Speyside, Great Glen and down Glencoe. 5 days off work.!!! Stay in B&B accommodation.

lochnagw.jpg

I recently bought a new set of red tyres for my Barracuda, the old Kenda ones had next to no grip on it!!

I Have A Kawasaki KX 24s, Team Green Edition. no pics as of yet, but i'll get them soon.

EDIT: Here is the pic

Mine's a 24 inch though

From,
The Wall...Runner

P.S. Did You know that if you hold down ctrl and scroll with your mouse, the pic of the car in the banner changes

What a great thread! I've noticed it's generally about road/XC bikes/biking, but i'm a Downhill/Freerider so there :sly: .

Current bike is a Banshee Scream 7 running SRAM X9 levers and derailleurs and Truvativ Holzfeller crank, BB and pedals. Best part is the 2.5" Kenda sticky tyres. Endless grip in all situations.

I'm a pretty obsessed with biking at the moment, mainly due to it being exciting and getting to see my girlfriend wearing TroyLee MotoX pants 👍

I cycle about... 2 miles a week :ouch:

two bikes
ones a mountain bike i dont have a pic, its 5am and dirty so not going to get one
4300disc_rallybluesilver.jpg

and my road bike, which i dont have pictures for either...not sure why though
2100_anthracite.jpg

both in the colors i have them in by chance
however on both bikes i have replaced the brakes, tires, wheels, seats, and added a computer and light.

Those are two very nice Treks! I'm especially liking your road bike, what's the top speed you have reached on that?

Imakuni
What a great thread! I've noticed it's generally about road/XC bikes/biking, but i'm a Downhill/Freerider so there :sly: .

Current bike is a Banshee Scream 7 running SRAM X9 levers and derailleurs and Truvativ Holzfeller crank, BB and pedals. Best part is the 2.5" Kenda sticky tyres. Endless grip in all situations.

I'm a pretty obsessed with biking at the moment, mainly due to it being exciting and getting to see my girlfriend wearing TroyLee MotoX pants 👍

I cycle about... 2 miles a week :ouch:

Nice bike. I hate you. :-p

Came to update everyone. Broke the Hardrock. Got a P.1 Cromo.

Rode the crap out of it for a month then got a few parts for grad/birthday/Easter.

2006 Rockshox Pike 426 Coil U Turn. Motion Control Dampening is simply amazing. Dampener is very sensitive to adjustment, whether it's the compression, floodgate, or rebound. I can go between 95mm of travel for street mode to 140mm for whatever reason. I more often than not use 95.

Husselfelt cranks that came stock had shoddy inserts. I busted them loose but they hooked me up with a new set of Holzfellers. ISIS version though...

TX Quando 20mm front hub. Cartridge bearing.. hard to screw up a 20mm hub so bleh.

Kenda K Rad tires. 26"X2.3" in front, 24"X2.3" in back. Great for railing the local mountain cross. Stupid fast rolling too.

Kona Jack**** Primo pedals. Great grip.

ODI Ruffian grips. They changed the rubber to a harder durometer for longer life.

Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic Disc Brakes with 7" Polygon rotors. You wanna stop? 1 finger is amazing. 2 fingers is... death. For reference, my friend is used to his Hayes Soles which need new pads and a bleed... he rode my bike and within a minute he was on his face because he didn't expect the power. Great feel too.

I've got about $2000 wrapped up in her. I can beat the hell out of it too and it keeps going, be it railing the mountaincross, doing street, or bailing onto concrete or dirt or whatever. Singlespeed and hardtail is great too.

I have Torcro RFF 7wt oil coming so my fork should be in primo shape in no time. I need new bushings though because I have no semi bath.. again, my fault. I accidentally let it out and I didn't know. only 15cc's in each leg and I bought a liter. Haha....

But... after all this, I still want a new bike. Kona Howler. 4" travel front and rear. Listed under downhill bikes on Kona's website: www.konaworld.com

Looking back, this is probablyt my longest post to date. Jeez... I feel like Touring Mars or someone now..

:lol:

Sounds awesome dude! Got any pics of you and her in action? Other than your avatar.

I wanna upgrade some of the parts on my bike too - especially with the money from my new job :D - but I think I'll wait for the warranty to expire first.

I wasn't sure where to post this but anyway I've been having problems with my gears, nothing major, I can sort them myself...hopefully! and i was just wondering if anyone knew what this screw is for and what would happen if i loosened/tightened it.....

That's the B screw referred to on parktools.com

It sets the distance between the cog on the derailleur and the top ring on the cassette. Go to the website to find the distance you want.

Sponsorhouse.com is great if you're serious at all. You get 3 sponsor apps for the free account. I have Sun Ringle as a sponsor, and need to email some stuff to Utopia Optics.

Just purchased a new Road Racer and got rid of my old Barracuda Azzurri on Ebay.

Fitted the VDO Computer and Cat Eye lights from my old racer.

Ill get pics later, but I got a '02 Hard rock comp disc

Upgrades:
160mm fork, yeah 4 inches, no snapped head tube.....yet
Truvativ upgraded crank and gear asembley
"brand new" Avid BB7 160mm disc brakes
"road tires" so I don't chew up my dirt ones

Mainly cross country stuff and moutian here and there

Biggest drop-off so far, 6 foot cement wall, on to dirt

I have a road bike also, but never ride it though

I've got a 19"(almost too big for me) Specialized Hardrock Sport, but I can't say I use it for a lot of proper off-roading. I've had it about a year now and it's been good to me.
Nothing fancy though, no disk brakes, etc...

Ill get pics later, but I got a '02 Hard rock comp disc

Upgrades:
160mm fork, yeah 4 inches, no snapped head tube.....yet
Truvativ upgraded crank and gear asembley
"brand new" Avid BB7 160mm disc brakes
"road tires" so I don't chew up my dirt ones

Mainly cross country stuff and moutian here and there

Biggest drop-off so far, 6 foot cement wall, on to dirt

I have a road bike also, but never ride it though

160mm is more like 6.5 inches.... I assume you mean a Fox 36 Vanilla... TALASes are nice too... the BB7's are nice too.

UPDATE: I'm getting a 2001 Kona Stab frame in a trade. Full suspension, 6" of travel, and the LBS said Kona will warranty it if it breaks.

Latest Posts

Back