Post your bike!

Not to many XC bikes :( Or any really good ones.

I have a '05 Orbea Scape weighing at 23LBS making it pretty good for XC racing. It replaced my old Trek 4500, which really dragged me down in XC.

I would have pictures, but it's in the shop and I don't have a digital camera :D
The frame, kind of... ...broke. :(

Here's something close to mine:

Shot at 2007-07-15

The Flying Circus is no more.....

Was stolen yesterday evening while we were attending a soccer game.. I don't expect to see it again..

A have a little ball of rage in me. And all the "Do Unto Others" I normally practice is way out the window... I hate EVERYBODY who can't tell the difference between mine and yours :-(

The Flying Circus is no more.....

Was stolen yesterday evening while we were attending a soccer game.. I don't expect to see it again..

A have a little ball of rage in me. And all the "Do Unto Others" I normally practice is way out the window... I hate EVERYBODY who can't tell the difference between mine and yours :-(
That is quite sad :( . It was quite an attractive bike too. If it's any consolation prize then it's nice to know you still have your health. You could have 20 bikes stolen and you'd be better off then a disabled car crash survivor. Life is great 👍 .

Not that being angry is bad- I'd kill the prick, myself!

07_27_07_1919.jpg

My Kustom Kruiser Roadster. 1/3 in the surrounding are. The Color is Lexus Black Cherry.

I bought this a few days ago:
Carrera Kraken 07'

Selling my Saracen now, too impractical for the road really, the tires were pointlessly wide for what I needed it for and the gear ratio was waay too low, handled well on the dirt though... Oh well hope I make a decent amount when I sell it...
If anyone's interested they can PM me and ill give you the ebay link...

took my bike to the dump today. Can anyone recommend a cheapish bike thats up to the task of being used everyday on most terrains? (double suspension mountain bike style)?
(£200ish)
I'm really not sure what to get

GV
took my bike to the dump today. Can anyone recommend a cheapish bike thats up to the task of being used everyday on most terrains? (double suspension mountain bike style)?
(£200ish)
I'm really not sure what to get

:cough:buy my bike:cough: :)

I bought my workmates bmx off him today, two bikes in one week phew!
Not ridable yet, back wheel needs to be pulled back, chain needs greasing, needs new handlebar grips and front and rear brakes need serious attention/adjustment

My other bmx in a previous page got pinched! My brother took it to his mates house and left it in the back garden, when they came out it was gone:eek:
A decent bike lock is a great investment if you have a bike and live in my area it seems:indiff:

Sorry to see so many of you telling stories of theft, that's a nasty crime. :ouch:
Even though bikes don't cost nearly as much as cars (most of the time), they are often much more customized (most of the time).

When I've got the chance to use a digital camera I will post pictures of my ride (I may even sell it in a few months if my riding continues as to be so limited.

An idea of what I'm riding...
Hand made Schwin Homegrown frame (red)
Dirt Jumper Fork
LX/XT/XTR build (XT bottom bracket, LX cranks, XTR all around)
Chris King on Mammoth DH (I'm about 250lbs.)
Velicoraptor tires F&R
Easton CT2 bars
All kinds of other goodies wrapped around and built up to support main pieces

Top notch bike for my riding as a heavy XC rider. 👍
Pictures this weekend. :D

Well, I cracked my Eastern Paydirt frame of 2 years last night. It's literally in two pieces in my garage now. Just ordered this new Sunday! frame online:

2ewjdeh.jpg

Hopefully my best bike purchase ever? I have other bike parts I need to buy still (New rear wheel, new stock front wheel, new stem) But that will happen after I get my car which is in a few months.

The frame btw cost $330 and a headset I bought with it cost me $32, and with shipping, the total price was $377.90 :/ Too much money but there is a lifetime guarantee on the frame so I'm not too worried.

I will post complete pics in a day or two.

Sorry to see so many of you telling stories of theft, that's a nasty crime. :ouch:
Even though bikes don't cost nearly as much as cars (most of the time), they are often much more customized (most of the time).

When I've got the chance to use a digital camera I will post pictures of my ride (I may even sell it in a few months if my riding continues as to be so limited.

An idea of what I'm riding...
Hand made Schwin Homegrown frame (red)
Dirt Jumper Fork
LX/XT/XTR build (XT bottom bracket, LX cranks, XTR all around)
Chris King on Mammoth DH (I'm about 250lbs.)
Velicoraptor tires F&R
Easton CT2 bars
All kinds of other goodies wrapped around and built up to support main pieces

Top notch bike for my riding as a heavy XC rider. 👍
Pictures this weekend. :D

You have Kings on Mammoth rims? Holy crap dude. That is some gnar-core XC you ride. I weigh around 230 and I ride Sun Ringle Ditch Witch rims on some cheap hubs. :D

• 2004 Scott Nitrous 30 Frame
  • Manitou Metal Propedal Coil Over Shock With Adjustable Rebound And Pedal Platform, 550lb Spring
  • Manitou Sherman Breakout Forks, 110mm To 150mm, Rebound Adjust, Spv Pressure And Volume
  • Scott 20mm Front And Deore Rear With Rigida Taurus Rims, Black Spokes
  • Tioga Factory DH 2.3 X 26" Tyres
  • Hayes Nine 203mm Front And 160mm Rear Hydraulic Brakes
  • Truvativ Blaze Cranks And Power Spline BB, 22, 32 And 42 Tooth Rings
  • XT Rear Mech
  • FSA The Pig 1.5 Headsetas New Race Face Diabolus 70mm X 1.5 Inch Stem
  • Specialized Enduro Riser Bars
  • Scott Telescopic Seat Post
  • Tioga Freeride Saddle

Wow lots of extreme bikers, me being not someone who works has a liveable Supercycle Thrill, haha, i think its proportions are incorrect, because you are suppose to have a bike seat not higher than your crotch standing up, however when i sit in my bike and pedal, my knees go pretty high.

The rear derailleur is messed up, not in correlation with the shifter, I think it was because i kept taking that big jump off that edge of the hill.

the rear brake cable excess has broken off and if it someone loosen it, my rear brakes are done.

My front rim is distorted, has a horizontal bump somewhere, scrapes the brake pads.

And the chain is rusty becuase i was biking it in the ice/snow for fun one time.

That's the condition of my bike it'd be nice if dad showed me or one of you told me how to fix my crappy bike (which is also the best condition bike i ever owned).

Got a chain guard and some red pedals for my bike today. Just realised how much the bike has changed looking at my last post above...Awesome :D

Good call nixing the fenders. I put gravelguard (or clear bra, if you prefer) on the bottom side of my frame to protect it. Of course a few weeks later I dropped a shovel on my bike and chipped the top of the frame. :rolleyes:

:lol:

A simple Cannondale F5... I am now happy with the red one, though I wanted matte black.

I took a pretty bad fall on it mountain biking last Saturday, and to my surprise, it didn't even sustain one scratch. And I didn't get hurt much either.

7FS5_red.jpg

I don't know much about bikes, but:
Pros:
Cheap, good entry level mountain bike
Strong disc brakes
Smooth shifter
Nice paint/look
Strong frame

Cons:
Seat slips around sometimes
Stock inner tubes were very thin; I punctured them almost on every ride. Now that I have Schwinn heavy-dutys, I haven't gotten a tire puncture since.

Well, I cracked my Eastern Paydirt frame of 2 years last night. It's literally in two pieces in my garage now. Just ordered this new Sunday! frame online:

2ewjdeh.jpg

Hopefully my best bike purchase ever? I have other bike parts I need to buy still (New rear wheel, new stock front wheel, new stem) But that will happen after I get my car which is in a few months.

The frame btw cost $330 and a headset I bought with it cost me $32, and with shipping, the total price was $377.90 :/ Too much money but there is a lifetime guarantee on the frame so I'm not too worried.

I will post complete pics in a day or two.

Good choose on the frame! those sunday's are really sick!

I have a custom built Pace RC303, which i go out on nearly every weekend. Been into MTBing for about 3 years and just started entering some enduro events. Never knew we had such a big community of MTBers on this forum.

My Pace:
n815538543_997071_6983.jpg

Also soon to get a Charge Iron just for hacking around teh street on.
The Charge:
images

Last edited:
here are 2 bikes i made this year for DH racing

the black one was made during march for this Dh season
and i finished the orange dualchain bike last month and didnt get a chance too ride it much

Attachments

• pbpic2129479.jpg
    pbpic2129479.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 18
  • pbpic2609469.jpg
    pbpic2609469.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
Here's my Kona Kula Deluxe...

pbpic1923848.jpg

Recently upgraded the Rear Mech to XTR (no picture), fitted new KMC gold chain, changed grips, Hope front hub and DT Swiss rim and a few more things that I can't remember!

pbpic1923825.jpg

Got my old faithful SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER COMP FS 2002 model in the companies trademark red with white forks which now is only reserved for the super expensive s-works / xc range. Been a really good bike which can take a lot of punishment. Same as the pic but with DMR-V8 peddles.

specializednm1.jpg

Robin.

Back